Prototype Pictures of Meister Alternator/Update May 4th: New pics!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Spiderman
Protoform

Prototype Pictures of Meister Alternator

Post by Spiderman »

In case anyone is wondering what the new Meister Alternator will look like then click here
I'm glad they changed the head. Makes him more like Jazz, oops I mean Meister :laugh:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Wow, near-identical robot mode layout to Smokescreen. That'll be one less hole in my wallet...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

If it's released with a white or silver paintjob, I might get it. Black would also work quite well. Anyone recognise the car?
Optimus_Type-R
Protoform

Post by Optimus_Type-R »

It also most looks like the RX-8, although I could only be seeing that becasue of what was on Mazda's site a while back...

As for the colour scheme, I don't think they will do a white one, as the RX-8 was never released with a white paint job, so if they have to stick with the car license they I guess we'll be getting a different colour.
"Insert some obscure TF reference here"
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Optimus_Type-R
As for the colour scheme, I don't think they will do a white one, as the RX-8 was never released with a white paint job, so if they have to stick with the car license they I guess we'll be getting a different colour.

http://fr.cars.yahoo.com/040305/273/3ogxa.html
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

That's nice, and I'm not even much of a car fan...
Optimus_Type-R
Protoform

Post by Optimus_Type-R »

Originally posted by Nevermore
http://fr.cars.yahoo.com/040305/273/3ogxa.html

Thats fine, but if you check the Mazda website, white isn't a colour that they list.

And yes that is a very nice car.
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

Looks good, not sure if I'll get it though.
Tempest

Post by Tempest »

That IS the RX-8 Prototype model.

That's what is looks like with out any paint what so ever. My guess is that this is either the one we saw from Mazda or one that is being released from Hasbro.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Why is everyone so confused over the color? When the figure was announced ages ago it was fully colored on the Mazda website as red. Granted, the prototype's color is an odd choice if they're still going with red, I'd still assume it will be red.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I thought white-ish was default for prototypes, with the colours then on pre-prod. I know I've got pics of the G2 Inferno prototype, which was red...
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

I don't see why everyone is so confused
The red one that was seen had not been given a name and has a different head from that one. More than likely the Red RX-8 is the Camshaft named in Hasbro's list of upcoming products.

Yes there is a White and black RX-8, it was the prototype\rollout colours. And wow, wouldn't a black and white RX-8 with the head seen on that pic work quite well for Meister\Jazz?

It's not like hasbro has a habit of changing a few things and putting out a repaint (Alternator Smokescreen\Silverbolt, Dead End\Sideswipe ETC).

Or we can wait until it comes out.

As for the transformation scheme - most of the G1 cars shared common schemes (Even when they're not repaints).
Optimus_Type-R
Protoform

Post by Optimus_Type-R »

Correct me if I wrong, but didn't Hasbro mention something one their website about the RX-8 a while back and that it was going to be Jazz (Meister)?
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Whoever this guy is selling the prototype, he has a long history of selling prototypes, including Alt Tracks, Hound, Streak and Dead End...
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Sideswipe

Post by Sideswipe »

Ill get it because it looks more poseable, more sleek, and more worth my money than smokescreen ever could have been.
Shockwave.03
Protoform

Post by Shockwave.03 »

do you know what i want to see is like Hotrod, Cup, or maybe even Ultra Magnus, now those would be some kick ass toys
Spiderman
Protoform

Post by Spiderman »

Originally posted by Shockwave.03
do you know what i want to see is like Hotrod, Cup, or maybe even Ultra Magnus, now those would be some kick ass toys

you took the words right out of my mouth!:D :D
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Currently for the Alternator\Binal Tech line, hasbro is sticking with real cars in 1\24th scale. While you could do Kup up as something like a Ford F-150 (a PicKUP Truck), Hot Rod would be difficult to make accurate and a Real Vehicle. They also have to deal with the licencing issue and most vehicle companies don't want the flame pattern across the hood and doors (Hence Tracks being void of these things).

As for UM - should we stick with 1\24th scale and use say, 20th Ann Prime as the cab, manage to get a trailer that looks accurate and forms armor for him...... The thing would be HUGE and cost a small fortune. Best you'll get for that is a white and blue painted 20th A Prime (or the scaled down version Takara is producing)
Shockwave.03
Protoform

Post by Shockwave.03 »

noway, shure he would be a little bit bigger then the rest, but in the cartoon, he stood just as tall as some of the Gesalt, how cool would that be to be able to put the other ones on his trailer

and i think hot rod would be not as hard as you think, all they could do is make a lambergine form of him, thats what i thought he was anyway, and the flames are kick-ass, but only on him
Spiderman
Protoform

Agree

Post by Spiderman »

noway, shure he would be a little bit bigger then the rest, but in the cartoon, he stood just as tall as some of the Gesalt, how cool would that be to be able to put the other ones on his trailer

and i think hot rod would be not as hard as you think, all they could do is make a lambergine form of him, thats what i thought he was anyway, and the flames are kick-ass, but only on him

Again the idea rocks!! :D