Most disappointing toy?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
onearmedrich
Protoform

Most disappointing toy?

Post by onearmedrich »

Plain a simply, which toy simply sucked c**k when you finaly saved up for it/persuaded a parento buy it/shoplifted it? I'm going to go for Hot Rod, who was simply a brick, followed by Rodimus Prime, following on with the brickness. I suppose by that point the R+D guys were bored of transformers, just wanted their pay cheques!
Interesting, no sorry wait a minute no, very boring!
Nixons baaaaack!

The script original called for me to say yes, but I gave it a subtle twist.
Coilette:A Calculon story.
Gay Bowel Disease, do you really want that Clay? Ever?
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

This belongs in toys.

Biggest disappointment? Maybe Cruelock from Energon and Lio Convoy from Beast Wars II. They weren't that much of a disappointment, but definitely less than what I expected. I find that most tfs don't disappoint me. Maybe because I usually look at pics and get opinions before I buy.

Most of the time, I'm pleasantly surprized. I didn't want Alternators Sideswipe, but I managed to acquire one (see my fathers' day thread), and I find that I like him a lot more than Smokescreen. Signal Flare really surprized me as well. Powerlinx Demolisher's color scheme looks a lot better in person, as does Energon Scorponok.

I have to say that some of the most amazing molds I've seen, though, are beast wars. They tend to hold my attention longer, and be more fun. I love minicons, too.
Angus
Protoform

Post by Angus »

beast machines hammerstrike

it looked cool in the pictures, but it sucks.
Angus
Brazilian TF Collector
Los Angeles, CA
My collection
ESKiM0J03
Protoform

Post by ESKiM0J03 »

ps hotrod was great!

energon arcee was a waste of $5
BET YOU DiDNT KNOW i WAS A NiNjA!!!
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

I still hate myself for buying Gigatron/RID Megatron. Its the only Transformer I own that makes me wonder what I was thinking when I bought it.

The little Transmetal Optimus Primal (Korean I think). It disapoints me a little, but it was basically free so I can't complain
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

I got Armada Sideways for $20 bucks at a London Drugs one time. To this day I'm still trying to figure out why.
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

ironhide was fairly dissapointing when i got him in the early 90's and foudn out he was nothing like his comic counterpart
ruckus was also quite dissapointing
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
onearmedrich
Protoform

Post by onearmedrich »

Felt quiet sorry for myself when i got warpath. I know he's a mini bot, but still, it was gutting, i thought it would be the t**s but instead all i got was a lump of S***e. Suppose thats what you get for value for money. God i hate that toy, worst thing i ever begged and scavenged for. Should have bought that crack pipe instead.
Interesting, no sorry wait a minute no, very boring!
Nixons baaaaack!

The script original called for me to say yes, but I gave it a subtle twist.
Coilette:A Calculon story.
Gay Bowel Disease, do you really want that Clay? Ever?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I like Warpath.

Megatron is the biggest piece of **** I've held in my hands, TF-wise. He looks like a spindly, psychotic dwarf whose head was run over.
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

bw tm waspinator was a dissapointment at first,but my little niece likes him so i cant say he was worth nothing,
armada scavenger dissapointed me too,and armada megatron didnt make me a happy camper either.
yet those are things i wouldve bought anyway. the only toy i want to change time and return to store is armada smokescreen.thats a piece of orange trash
oh and armada tm rhinox repeaint.i hate the mold.
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
Cyberman

Re: Most disappointing toy?

Post by Cyberman »

Originally posted by onearmedrich
Most disappointing toy? Plain a simply, which toy simply sucked c**k when you finaly saved up for it/persuaded a parento buy it/shoplifted it?

There´s one toy(at least) that I found disappointing, though it´s not bad in itself.

Unicron.

He´s great, sure. But also disappointing after a while. Always nice to look at, but you can´t do much with him. And for the time it took until there finally was a toy version, one could have expected more(sound effects, etc).

As for bad toys - Rodimus. Nice as a statue, but that´s about it.
In a perfect world, this would be a signature. As it stands, it's just the lack of.
Addl
Protoform

Post by Addl »

Quickswitch.... pathetic alt-modes, a brick in every, ugly colors.

Galvatron... bought him in 1989 and sold him again due to the obvious baby-toy resemblence... cheap plastic, light and sound.
[sigpic][/sigpic] :clap: Isch bin dabbei! :up:
Sades

Post by Sades »

Battle Ravage. His front feel in alt. mode piss me off as mine move the head a tad whenever I move them around... slightly, and I do realize it's because of his transformation, but it gets irritating. :p And his tail is nothing but a curved plastic stick with a ball joint at the end...

Upside: he shoots missiles!
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Civ

Post by Civ »

Energon Rapid Run. I saw this at Cybercon and I really liked his motorcycle mode. When I finally got home to play with him, I find out the toy is a piece of s**t. An ugly looking robot mode, ugly headmasters that don't fit with Rapid Run very well, and for a toy made in this day and age, very inarticulate.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Most dissapointing toys...hmmm.

The only toy of mine that has dissapointed me [partly] is Alternator Smokescreen. Sure, his robot mode looks very nice, and his vehicle mode [for the few seconds I saw it] but there is one little problem...he is too friggin difficult to convert back to vehicle! His arms are impossible to put back to place, the instructions SUCK, and so I am stuck with a robot smokescreen.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Primal Prime, could they have made the big blue hands stand out any more? and the half arsed gorrila mode is a waste of space.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Piranacon
Protoform

Post by Piranacon »

G1 Galvatron was pretty crappy to me. His color isn't even correct first off. His transformations looks like crap. They could've did a better job with him. :rant:
________
[url=http://www.****tube.com/categories/1128/public/videos/1]Upskirt Public[/url]
Shockmeister
Protoform

Post by Shockmeister »

Armada Supercon Optimus Prime. Not necessarily a bad toy at all, but...I dunno...I was expecting more. Maybe it's the lame Mini-con and equally crud 'special action'. Also, his wheels never lie flat in vehicle mode. Still a decent robot, but Blurr was definitely a better purchase from this range.
Sig-image by DrEvil. He rules...
"I was given a chocolate bar and an M-1 rifle and told to go kill Hitler." - Jack Kirby's WW2 experience.
kllrwlf
Protoform

Post by kllrwlf »

So far, the only disappointing is G1 Ironhide. This is a toy that I had as a kid, that looked nothing like the cartoon.

The sad thing is that I'm considering buying him just for childhood sake... I guess I like disappointing myself... :wall:
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Hmm...I'd have to think about it to decide what's the worst in the longrun.

Armada Smokescreen and Metroplex are going up on the auction block pretty soon, but the most recent disappointment I had was Machine Wars Optimus Prime.

Oh, and Shockmeister needs to be banned for badmouthing one of the best Prime figures ever... :p