Curse you KB! ...and to a lesser degree Walmart and Kmart

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Wildfire Herald

Curse you KB! ...and to a lesser degree Walmart and Kmart

Post by Wildfire Herald »

KB in the mall has been having buy 1 get 1 free sales on a lot of stuff recently so I suspected they were gearing up for a restock. Sure enough, I walk in today and there's finally some Armada there. They had Smokescreen, Sideways, Supercon Prime and 1 Blurr, for a dollar and some odd change more than I had. I could have simply gone back tommorrow with that dollar and odd change, but I'm a hands on kinda guy. I'd rather have a Triclops figure for $7.99 and get a Heman figure free today than get a Blurr tommorrow. But if I had just had that dollar and odd change...

Anyways, that was my KB complaint, now on to Kmart and Walmart. My complaint there is that neither store has stocked Supercons after the first wave, they only have Minicons, Maxcons and up. If Kmart had had Blurr, I could've gotten him for a reasonable sum of $9.99, instead of being left at the mercy of KB's $10.99 pricetag!
R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

"That's Claypool for ya; he's against a harmless drug, but for date-rape..."
"Just say "NO!" to Gonadial Irradiation." - Snake

"I would ride that pony in the most illegal and obscene way possible. " - Spengs

My want list
I need ROTS Clone Troopers
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Thats nothing I paid $40 for Jetfire.:o
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

At least you guys are getting a chance to buy new stuff. I haven't seen anything new since Smokescreen and Sideways showed up about 4 months ago.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by Blitzwing
At least you guys are getting a chance to buy new stuff. I haven't seen anything new since Smokescreen and Sideways showed up about 4 months ago.

Same here. I want Jetfire!
Autoprime720
Protoform

Post by Autoprime720 »

yes, i think the whole situations horrible....is hot shot even out??
King Fargo
Protoform

Post by King Fargo »

**This is not deliberately meant to make people angry. It's just me venting frustration about ludicrous prices**

Ok, get this.

KMart Australia has Wave 1, Smokescreen and Sideways. Big W has a bit of both (reportedly all of Wave 2, even though I couldn't find Blurr).

UW, $40US for Jetfire? "I fart in your general direction". KMart is selling Super Base Prime for A$99 and Big W - A$89. Since 1 Australian dollar is worth around 60 US cents, $40US = around A$67. That makes one heck of a markup.

WH, $11US Blurr? Compared to Big W's A$28 Blurr, that's a bargain.

Fellas, you may have Jetfire when Australia has reasonable prices (expect it around the 12th of Never).
Sig? I don't need no steenkin' sig!
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Why would that make anyone angry?

I have a KayBee discount card that expires tomorrow...I suppose I should see if they actually have any Armada while I can still get 25% off...
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Originally posted by King Fargo
KMart Australia has Wave 1, Smokescreen and Sideways. Big W has a bit of both (reportedly all of Wave 2, even though I couldn't find Blurr).
I don't know why you can't find Blurr because Blurr, Supercon Prime and Jetfire have been out here for a while now.
$40US = around A$67. That makes one heck of a markup.
Seeing our RRP for Jetfire is $50-$60 it's not all that bad when compared to us.

WH, $11US Blurr? Compared to Big W's A$28 Blurr, that's a bargain.
Big W are selling duluxes for $28? That seems rather odd seeing even Toys R Us has them at $25.
Fellas, you may have Jetfire when Australia has reasonable prices (expect it around the 12th of Never).
Australia does have reasonable prices, sure there's the odd thing or two that's overpriced (eg. Minicons) but they are still pretty good. If you think ours are bad you should see the UK's pricing, I know it was bad for RID and I think their pricing trend continued with Armada.
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
Silly Cow

Post by Silly Cow »

Originally posted by Blitzwing

Think you've got it bad? To us, Starscream and Red Alert are new! We're still waiting for Optimus Prime.
Thanks D!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Same here... Wave 1 just hit the UK, sans Optimus [the RiD one is stopping dust from getting on shelves thoughout the countrry - I reckon Hasbro will skip the huge release and go straight for the Supercon].
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Yeah... Thank God for HLJ. Although sods law said that as soon as I placed my order, I learned about the supercons being available from Argos.

Still to buy: Blurr, Jetfire, Thundercracker and Skywarp. Oh and the Space Team.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Aye... I'm after Blurr, Smokescreen [anyone seen him UK-side yet?], Supercon Prime and maybe Jetfire. Though I wasn't enthralled enough with the Starscream mould to want to work out that much money again twice for repaints...
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Ah, I just think the three seekers will look way cool displayed next to each other. It'd be nice if they fixed Skywarp's colours though, before they make a final release. As he is, he looks a bit arse to be honest.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, it'd be nice if I could afford it, but even with an accidental discount, I thought Starscream was a bit too much money, so there's n way I'd be forking out £40 for the other two...
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

Originally posted by Hound
Same here. I want Jetfire!

I want him too.
CARNAGE
Protoform

Post by CARNAGE »

Fiew i not the only one to bitch about selection in stores these days!

Man i finaly got Hot SHot the other day at Zellers, but man my ToyRus has NOTHING expect that ugly Lazer beak, orange thing, the whole 6' x 6' wall. I told the guy, maybe it would sell better if you actually had more selection!

Right now, no sign of anything new, no Jetfire, no optimus,...

Montreal sucks in this matter :mad:
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

Originally posted by Sixswitch
Ah, I just think the three seekers will look way cool displayed next to each other. It'd be nice if they fixed Skywarp's colours though, before they make a final release. As he is, he looks a bit arse to be honest.

-Ss
Where's there a pic, Six? Can somebody give me an indication?
"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."
King Fargo
Protoform

Post by King Fargo »

Grimlock, I just said this somewhere else, but you live in Melbourne. You get everything that gets released. I live in regional New South Wales. If it's rural, THEY DON'T CARE!!!
Sig? I don't need no steenkin' sig!
Silly Cow

Post by Silly Cow »

Originally posted by Wolfang
Where's there a pic, Six? Can somebody give me an indication?

Here's the proto.

http://www.transformertoys.co.uk/images ... CF0001.JPG
Thanks D!
Garand

Post by Garand »

I say blessed be KB toys, for they bring us this..

http://www.kbtoys.com/genProduct.html/P ... ls/default