"Hasbro G1 marketing" Botcon panel trascripted

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Osku
Protoform

"Hasbro G1 marketing" Botcon panel trascripted

Post by Osku »

Poster crazysteve has made a transcript of Hasbro's marketing executives from "G1" era. Available at alt.toys.transformers, topic "[BOTCON] G1 Hasbro marketing executives panel"

http://groups.google.fi/groups?hl=fi&lr ... .com#link1

Interesting stuff. I didn´t cut and paste the transcript as I don´t know if it´s good net etiquette. Would it be possible to get it on the main site, if it´s ok for the poster? Or are the panels somehow property of Botcon? Clueless. :\
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

It'd be politeness to ask Steve, but I don't think there's any more issue with having transcripts stored online than there is with them being broadcast to millions through various Usenet archives.

I'll put it on the list of things to do—it'd be interested to collect 'em together. (eg, Furman's one on the Ultimate Guide.) And there's more parts of this one to come.
And after much discussion and rejecting manyconcepts, we decided to throw out the little men that were in the Diaclone line that were supposed to be the operators of the robots and make the robots themselves heroes of the line.
Working with comic book writer Bob Budiansky from Marvel, we came up with a rationale that the kids could relate to so the concept that you all know so well of the Autobots and Decepticons and how they cameto Earth was born. It was an overwhelming success.
That's the nub of it—robots themselves being the protagonists, and a lot of brainstorming by Budiansky.

Always nice to see creators that passionate.
I'm hoping that each and every one of you played with these
toys-that you didn't start out as little adult collectors in 5 year
old bodies
Damn straight.