Alternity 04: Starscream and Skywarp

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Clay

Alternity 04: Starscream and Skywarp

Post by Clay »

TFW says BBTS says.

Turn into cars that look like Ferraris or something.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Clay wrote:TFW says BBTS says.

Turn into cars that look like Ferraris or something.
That's certainly quite a departure!

Poor old Thundercracker has been left in the corner again I see...
Wreck and Rule!
Sades

Post by Sades »

Fancy.
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Ackula

Post by Ackula »

It looks as though they are going to try and retain the main design characteristics of Starscream, despite it being a car and not a jet. If they can pull that off I'll be buying. I haven't bought an Alternity figure yet, but Starscream would be too good to pass up, if they can pull it off. After Bumblebee I have little faith in Takara with this line however, at this point in time.
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Yeah, if I'm seeing it right, it looks like a lot of back kibble, and the figure probably won't be as detailed as this sketch or whatever it is. I don't have any Alternity figures either, but Prime really interested me. I had the same feelings about Bumble/jumper.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

These are the last motivation I needed to plunge into the line. The fact that they turn from cars into their characteristic robot forms with wings and air intakes is astounding.

Supposedly, Skywarp has a purple car body that turns into a black robot, whilst starscream is white in car mode.

For those of you mourning about thundercracker, please remember that each alternity mould usually has three colour schemes.
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Better image of Starscream/Skywarp.

http://hk.myblog.yahoo.com/iam-cybergun ... ?mid=39631
praetorian
Protoform

Post by praetorian »

Official pics up at Amazon.jp:

Starscream

Skywarp
Rattrap's tail

Post by Rattrap's tail »

he's looking a bit vaque to me. Makes me alittle dissapointed...
Clay

Post by Clay »

Those came out really well. They manage to have the same overall robot shape to them as the Masterpiece layout while not looking ridiculous like Bumblebee and Cliffjumper.

I like the white one better of the two. Would have thought Skywarp would be black instead of purple, though.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

They look alright and everything, but I just can't see the "why" side of things.
Clay

Post by Clay »

<shrugs>

Makes more sense than shoes.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Really? You guys all like them?

Despite what I said about the line-art, I don't really like either of them in toy form. They don't look anything like their original toys\models\whatever floats your boat [not that Convoy or Megatron do, to be honest] and they have those WEIRD heads that look NOTHING like them.

Skywarp's head looks like a potato with a mouth, Starscream reminds me of Drift and some Gundams. They also have fake car mode chest ala BT Tracks. Of the two, I like Starscream a LOT more, but he's not exactly an ace figure in my book...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Clay wrote:Makes more sense than shoes.
And Mussolini was more harmless than Hitler, but we're not going to vote for the Italian Facist Party are we? [/preposterous]
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I don't know, I can't decide until I've seen closer up shots, especially of the head sculpts. They look good, really good, just not so sure they look like the characters they are meant to portray.

I think the colors are a little too bland in car mode for either of them, maybe some more colors to break it up a little would have been nice. I also think that Starscream has too much white and not enough blue in bot mode. I'll wait till I see actual photos of the toys to make the final call though.

I saw the Bumblebee and Megatron molds in person yesterday though at an anime store, and to be honest I was shocked by just how small they were. I've seen plenty of pictures, but just didn't realize how tiny they are! I have a hard time justifying $50 for a figure that is smaller than a deluxe class toy, when I can get a Binaltech for the same price (at this particular store all their Binaltech's are $49.99 - $54.99).
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Uh, wow... Those have to represent some clever engineering...

The design is reminiscent of an original first movie concept for Starscream. It's on the tfw2005 site, but I'm writing this at work and the filter is blocking the option for inserting a link... can someone else find it?
FortressMaximus
Protoform

Post by FortressMaximus »

I have these two pre-ordered thru BBTS. Gotta have them!:clap:
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Cliffjumper wrote:And Mussolini was more harmless than Hitler, but we're not going to vote for the Italian Facist Party are we? [/preposterous]
I am.

Seriously. Next election I'm going to do a write-in for the Italian Fascist Party.

AND IT'LL ALL BE YOUR FAULT.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Halfshell wrote:I am.

Seriously. Next election I'm going to do a write-in for the Italian Fascist Party.
I'm only going to vote for them if Mussolini goes on Piers Morgan and has a good cry about being hung in order to prove he's really one of us.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!