[RUMORS] live-action movie details

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

[RUMORS] live-action movie details

Post by Nevermore »

http://tformers.com/article.php?sid=2640

The really weird thing is those odd replies by some fans, like "I would like to see John Woo on this film or the Terminator director", or "Simon Furman should direct this!" Suuuure, Furman has experience as a movie director, no? :rolleyes:
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

Now the question is, will they really get Frank Welker and Peter Cullen, or is that just wishful fan-thinking...?
shelly

Post by shelly »

I hope that they get them.. :)
original voices... :P
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

yeah but if they dont there would'nt be anything wrong with david kaye or gary chalk...
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by Hawkeye
yeah but if they dont there would be anything wrong with david kaye or gary chalk...

Seconded...and Chalk would probably be even better...

I do hope they can get a decent special effects firm working on it though because I detest crappy CGI and unless they know what they're doing, this movie is going to look so fake.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Mainframe anyone?
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
Seconded...and Chalk would probably be even better...

Thirded. ;)

While I associate Cullen's voice with a flawless, dull "heroic leader" archetype and Welker's voice with an idiot who came up with stupid plots and laughed like a total jerk, Chalk reminds me more of a heroic leader who had his flaws and Kaye with a brilliant evil mastermind.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

While I did like a lot of the voice acting in the original show, I'd say Kaye and Chalk, mostly because Gen 1 Megatron's voice never really sounded that imposing to me, and, while Cullen is great, I love Chalk's rendition.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

You've got to remember, the people, who post comments on tformers aren't exactly the most brilliant people. At the archive, we're spoiled to have so many intelligent regulars, while I don't think I've ever seen any brilliant comments from tformers whenever I've been given a link.
Jetfire426
Protoform

Post by Jetfire426 »

well i would be kinda of upset to find out that Cullen and Welker are not in the movie... i would still go and see it.. but i wouldn't all hiped up about.. but i;ll try my best...
One shall stand, One shall fall...
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

Off topic, but I just wanted to say how much I love SCSW's new sig. Yay for Dinobots!
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

nevermore did someone actually say that simon furman should direct???!.....but hes a writer....why would they assume he could direct.......man im some happy i found tfarchive...
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Originally posted by Arcee
Off topic, but I just wanted to say how much I love SCSW's new sig. Yay for Dinobots!

it's an old, OLD one that Denyer threw together for me a while back, but i figured it was kinda apt for the latest update.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

I think I'd like to see Chalk and Kaye do it too. They're renditions were more 'realistic' voices, if that's the right term. Welker and Cullen's voices suited a cartoon, but they wouldn't suit a live action film.

-Ss
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

of course a point towards using welker would be they are trying (at least from what i gather) to make it more "g1" i associate Kaye with an intelligent megatron but G1 is more psychopathic...and brute force kinda guy...of course Kaye's megatron just sounds cool anyway
Triggerhappy-1986
Protoform

Post by Triggerhappy-1986 »

Would be good to get Cullen and Welker back - but i can see it being Kaye and Chalk - Either partnerships ok really. Just pray that Paul Anderson dosn't direct (he wants to make Aliens V Predator a PG-13!? the stupid f*****)
(Sig kindly provided by StoneCold Skywarp!!)
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Originally posted by Triggerhappy-1986
Just pray that Paul Anderson dosn't direct (he wants to make Aliens V Predator a PG-13!? the stupid f*****)

Doubt he ever would as he's obviously an idiot if he's making AVP PG-13. I believe the director's already lined up and has been since the beginning since it was partly his idea. The guy who directed X2, right?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Was that Singer again?

Personally, I think a non-huge director would really help...
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Tom DeSanto's name, who co-wrote script to first X-Men, was associated with Transformers film from the beginning and he was supposed to be writing it's script too, but I don't remember Bryan Singer mentioned anywhere.
Jetfire426
Protoform

Post by Jetfire426 »

i don't know.. i guess for me... if it doesn't have the OG voices as much as possible its not G1 to me.. but i guess i'm the only one that feels like that... its just my 2 1/2 cents
One shall stand, One shall fall...