Armada toys released in Australia

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Grimlock

Armada toys released in Australia

Post by Grimlock »

Armada has finally been released/found in Australia. The toys that have been found are:

Megatron
Starscream
Red Alert
Laserbeak
Sideways
Hotshot
Cyclonus
Demolisher
Smokescreen
Mini-con Air Defence Team
Mini-con Military Team
Mini-con Race Team
Mini-con Street Team
Mini-con Destruction Team

The prices are (in AUD):
Minicons - $14.76
Deluxe - $24.76
Laserbeak - $26.92 (Which is weird because word going round was that he was going to be cheaper than duluxes)
Mega - $44.76
Ultra - $56.76
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

F*****ts! Sorry Lock, no disrespect or anything, but why the funk do we have to wait for stuff forever in the UK? Is the new MOTU stuff out over there?
"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Originally posted by Wolfang
Is the new MOTU stuff out over there?

I don't know as I don't collect anything else other than Transformers except for the occasional wrestling figure but I think they are because I over heard one of the guys in a comic shop I frequent talking about MOTU.
"Among those fans there's at least one guy for whom you're a hero. He saved money to see you! That's what I did. I played for that guy." - Bruce Springsteen (1987)
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

Hey, no biggy. I collect some wrestling figures, too, if I like 'em enough.. bought all of the ToyBiz WCW/nWo figures when they were out, own close to all the Hasbro WWF and some of Jakks' WWF Finishing Moves/Bone Crunchers.

At the moment? I collect G1 reissues, Armada, BW (Japanese), MOTU, G.I.Joe Vs. Cobra and Marvel/DC superheroes.
"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."
King Fargo
Protoform

Post by King Fargo »

Now that's the news I wanted to hear!

We finally got in Armada, so it's time to start searching in my local stores... and see how long it takes them to get it in :rolleyes:
Shaid
Protoform

Post by Shaid »

Grimlock: Where did you see them, I was in the City (melbourne) yesterday, and couldn't Find any.
I have only seen some at the Kmart at Westfield Doncaster, and there was only like 5 megatrons 2 demolisers and the missle laucher minicons, not Starscream or the Street Action team who are the ones that I am looking for... and Optimus cost Like $100 if you want to add him too the list.
-----
"Blah! Blah blah! Blah!" - Some guy
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Yeah I was supposed to update the list with Prime, but I didn't cause he was found a day after I posted it and I forgot to do it lol. I have bought him now anyway.

Starscream and Red Alert seem to be the most elusive of the toys, Chadstone and Campelfield(respectivly) were the places I got mine. As for all the toys nearly all K-Marts and Targets have them in stock now, and some Toys R Us' have them as well. I'v seen them at Chadstone, Northland, Campelfield and Epping, and apparently Southland as them as well. Scavenger was also found last week in a Toy Wolrd, can't remember where though. lol
Shaid
Protoform

Post by Shaid »

Well, yesterday while I was in the CBD, I went to Toys R Us, Myer and the Target Centre.
Found heaps of RiD Optimus. ToysRUs has a repaint Prowl, and Target has a Grimlock Combiner. No Armada at all.

Guess I'll have to scrounge around the 'burbs then.
-----
Grimlock

Post by Grimlock »

Yeah Target in Bourke Street is really taking it's time. Don't expect the Toys R Us in Melbourne Central to get any either because that store is closing down sometime in January.
Shaid
Protoform

Post by Shaid »

The Target store at the Pines, at the end of Blackburn Rd in East Doncaster or there abouts has:

Optimus
Megatron
Scavenger
Lazerbeak

some others.
They HAD a Starscream, but not any more :D
-----