[Original RPG] Goodbye [Sorry]

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
Aardvark

Goodbye [Sorry]

Post by Aardvark »

Edit: This post is waaaaaaaaaaaaay too long... :(

As you’ve probably guessed from the title, I’m leaving the RPG. Before I go any further, I want to thank the mods and players for being so helpful and nice, listening to my ideas, answering my questions, and for making the RPG so much fun.

I’m really sorry for my sudden departure, and for not giving you prior warning. Also, apologies for the length of this post (I mean, I've only playing for about 6 months); all you really need to know is that I’m leaving, I suppose. Please bear with me; I’m terrible at condensing stuff.

I haven’t posted in a relatively long time. Anyone that’s “interacted” with me will hopefully agree that that’s pretty out-of-character -- I used to post at least once a day (Sorry if that sounds like some bizarre form of bragging – it’s not). I must apologise for not posting in the “Official Absences” thread, but my mind was elsewhere…

Basically, I’ve had one of the worst months of my life. I won’t go into what happened -- all I’ll say is that several tragedies occurred, including a death in the family, as well as a lot of life’s “little” things. All this, coupled with the pressure of my last year of school, and a social life, which just so happened to be in pretty bad shape at the time (Though that’s pretty much sorted now), sent my mind “spinning”. I have been around -- however, every time I looked at the RPG, my brain would basically freeze, if you catch my drift.

I’m not going to lie and say everything’s brilliant now, but things have vastly improved and I’m back to being a meditating, green tea lovin’ hippy. I haven’t put it all behind me, and despite the meditation, I’m still under a lot of stress.

There's no point in committing to something that I know I won’t be able to give my best -- furthermore, I wouldn’t be able post as regularly as I used to, and probably not as much as the RPG requires. Apart from the aforementioned stress, I don't have as much free time as I used to. There are other reasons too, but I’ve said enough as it is. Though, in general, I think I need to take a “step back” from Transformers. Again, apologies for any inconvenience

Hopefully my retirement won’t cause much, if any trouble. I did have a lot of stuff planned, and I’m genuinely sorry if this disrupts the RPG in any way. :(

PM me if there’s anything you need to know in regards to my characters. Well, I hope I contributed something to the RPG - I always tried to make the characters my own (particularly Sky Shadow and Skyquake and his “subordinates”) and I had great fun playing. Thanks. :)
verytired

Post by verytired »

I'm sorry to see you go mate: you played your characters well, and were good at interacting. :(

I'd ask you to reconsider, but it seems this took a lot of thought from you so I'll simply say goodbye, and I hope to see you again soon.:)
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Just remember, the door on this place is always open.

How else did you think I got back in ;)
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

it took me a while to decide whether i should post something here or not. hope you don't mind random sympathising strangers posting replies

sorry to hear you had such a bad time :( but it's good to know you're on the up .

there you go, it's not much, but i feel it's better than nothing :)
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

We'll miss ya, buddy. But I always say, real life comes first. Feel free to stop back anytime.
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Thanks for understanding. I certainly haven't lost interest in playing the game, and hopefully, I'll be able to return in the future.
-Alex???
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

*Sneaks Into RPG Section*

Well, I'll definately miss my future bride to be, but I have every faith he'll be back one day. Good luck with it all Aardy.

*Sneaks out of RPG Section*
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!