[Original RPG] Universe

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
zeoman4.5

Universe

Post by zeoman4.5 »

I know this may be out of subject for you guys but has anyone
seriously thought of creating a Transformers Universe style RPG.
I just think it would be cool to give people a chance to use some
charactures from all the Transformers series. Of course it would all
be under the Autobot and Decepticon theme.(maybe a few Minicons). It could take place after the fall of Unicron,and maybe
refer back to G1. I was even thinking of Primal Prime as the
Autobot Commander and Megabolt as the Decepticon leader.

The only catch would be no fan made bots. Instead create a Universe version of a Previous one.

Think about it. I could be responsible for the Characture profiles
and Tech spechs to start with.
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

While things like this have happened in the past there are some major problems that crop up.

1. Names. A lot of names are re-used, so you're going to have atleast two of every major name a couple smaller names and countless Optimi and Megatrons.

2. Different origins. One universe it's the quintessons, another Universe it's who knows what.

But it does happen from time to time. I think we've seen mini-cons running around. Dinobot is part of the story (and Roadbuster, last time I checked). Countless entrances by Japanese series characters and Gigatron from Car Robots is the Decepticon leader right now. I think Staff were even reluctant to let some of these happen at first aswell.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Truthfully, a lot of the cross-universe things that got installed only managed to slip by because they were early in the history of the game. If most of those things (including Gigatron) were attempted now, they wouldn't make it far.

That being said, I wouldn't rule out the possibility of a Universe game at some point. (I've long dreamed of doing an Armada/Energon/Cybertron game, but I know the demand just isn't there for it.) However, I also don't care much for branching out too extensively, and I felt putting up the BW game was a bit of a stretch - I only acceded because popular demand was there. If the players would love nothing better than a Universe game, if it wouldn't distract from the two present games, and if we could find someone to run it, I'd be happy to do it. But that's a tall order.

There are plenty of services that offer free message boards, zeroman. Maybe you could try a Universe game on one of those and see how it goes for a start?
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Originally posted by Reflector
(I've long dreamed of doing an Armada/Energon/Cybertron game, but I know the demand just isn't there for it.)

Well, as a side note... I would play a game like that, Flec! :)
verytired

Post by verytired »

Originally posted by BlueSkids
Well, as a side note... I would play a game like that, Flec! :)

And here i would acuse you of being addicted to online rpg's, if that wouldn't be the pot calling the kettle black ;)

I'd happily take part too, but would need a bit of an intro from some one, I only have the scantest of knowledge for the newer series...

Blueskids, you wanna join in the Stringer-verse RPG I'm starting?
BlueSkids

Post by BlueSkids »

Here, we are all pots and kettles, I fear... :D

I could introduce yourself into the newer series, at least into Armada and Cybertron, cos I've watched only a few Cybertron episodes...

A Stringer-esque RPG? It could be interesting and I surely would play it, if I only knew what are you talking about... :p