Lucky Bottle of Wine

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
der2

Lucky Bottle of Wine

Post by der2 »

Went out to Tesco because I had the evening off to get a bottle of wine so that I could go drinking in my friends. That was fine I did that, easypeasy.

Then I get to my friends and they have drinks out already and wine won't go down to well with the amount we intend to be drinking so I bring it home with me.

Here I am now, drunk and in the company of my unopened lucky it wasn't consumed bottle of wine...

I would like to say hello.

:smokin:
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

spared it the cruel fate of being turned to piss..

lucky bottle
life is great. then you die and leave everything to your wife.
der2

Post by der2 »

only this time
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

hey, if it's gonna push it's luck and sit there, mocking you by not being drunk.. well, then the bastard has it coming.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Re: Lucky Bottle of Wine

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

Originally posted by der2
I would like to say hello.

There's nothing like an 'ello stranger....

I can only presume all this talk of crazy robot machines has brought you back?
der2

Post by der2 »

I'd much prefer to think it's the fact I now have an internet connection thats making it possible.

Wanted to post for a dog's age, but sadly had to wait til now.

Sober now and a bit woozy, thinking about work in three hours and cursing the rain.

Hope all is well with those that might remember me and nice to meet yous to all that don't.

edit; I've put the wine in the fridge until Friday, it's a fool bottle of wine that thinks it's safe.
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Welcome back! I don't *Internet* know you, and you obviously don't *Internet* know me, but you're Irish so we may have crossed paths in the real world -- unless you're not a Dubliner...

Especially if you're a bloody bogger! ;)

Tőg Bőg Ĕ
Aardy Varkenwoot
der2

Post by der2 »

Originally posted by Aardvark
Welcome back! I don't *Internet* know you, and you obviously don't *Internet* know me, but you're Irish so we may have crossed paths in the real world -- unless you're not a Dubliner...

Especially if you're a bloody bogger! ;)

Tőg Bőg Ĕ
Aardy Varkenwoot

Am indeed a midlands bogman!

Don't really know many Irish transfans and by that I don't know any, until now, nice to meet ya.
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Yeah, they don't pop up much, but I have seen the odd (And by odd, I mean me *Wink-age*) one now and then. Cool to know there’s someone else on the boards suffering from this weather. ;)
der2

Post by der2 »

It's only after clearing, the rain was unbelievable only a few minutes ago, it must be due to get bright again for ten minutes, then I dunno with the state of the weather at the moment I'm nearly expecting the four horsemen after that.

Now that I have you, apart from the comic shop on Crow Street in Temple Bar, can you think of any good collectors shops in Dublin, not a fan of Forbidden Planet or the likes.
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

It's only after clearing, the rain was unbelievable only a few minutes ago, it must be due to get bright again for ten minutes, then I dunno with the state of the weather at the moment I'm nearly expecting the four horsemen after that.
Heheheheh
Now that I have you, apart from the comic shop on Crow Street in Temple Bar, can you think of any good collectors shops in Dublin, not a fan of Forbidden Planet or the likes.

The only other comic shop is Sub City -- it’s my favourite comic store and the staff are hilarious. It's on Exchequer Street (off Wicklow Street). Supposedly, there's another place on Crow’s street called Crow’s Corner that’s an amalgamation of several thingamajigs, one of which sells back-issues. I’ve never been, mind.

Dandelion Books in Aungier Street and The Secret Book & Record Shop on Wicklow Street deal in strange and unusual second-hand books and get graphic novels in occasionally.
der2

Post by der2 »

Was in Subcity last week actually, always been fond of the place. I suggest checking out Crow's Corner, has to be my favourite shop, for content that is, the guys in there wierd me out a bit.
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

If I had money, even Monopoly money, I'd take a look. Remember the Flying Pig Store? That place sold second-hand Transformers. I miss it. Though, I was like 11-12 when it was around. I bought so many old TF UK comics from there. :(
der2

Post by der2 »

That was down stairs wasn't it? Spent a few quid down there myself. Nice people there too as I remember.

What bugs me is that I've to go to Dublin for my fix, which means a 6 hour venture and I'm not a fan of traveling. Hate driving to the Red Cow, it's manic and the train is just as bad, getting off half the town across.
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

That was down stairs wasn't it? Spent a few quid down there myself. Nice people there too as I remember.

Yeah, it was delightful.

What bugs me is that I've to go to Dublin for my fix, which means a 6 hour venture and I'm not a fan of traveling. Hate driving to the Red Cow, it's manic and the train is just as bad, getting off half the town across.

Hell, even if I could afford a car, I wouldn't drive. I actually think I’d end up killing someone. Thr Red Cow is genuinely terrifying.
der2

Post by der2 »

Fact! Of all the options I'd take the train, though I'm never guaranteed a seat on the return journey with all the commuters going home. Went to the Red Cow once, I'd like to meet whoever designed it, probably dining in hell with they guy who thought the spire was a good idea.
Sades

Post by Sades »

*waves*
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
der2

Post by der2 »

The wines luck has finally run out! Home from work and in need of a crutch.

Hey sadie!
redman prime

Post by redman prime »

told you that bastard was asking for it.
der2

Post by der2 »

You know it! Almost done with it, but not nearly drunk enough!

There should really have been two lucky bottles.