TF fans all have goatee/beards?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Ackula

TF fans all have goatee/beards?

Post by Ackula »

I tend to avoid stereotypes in my life, as I myself hate to be stereotyped or labeled. However it recently came to my attention that every time I see a TF fan's picture posted on a forum or website of some sort...they almost always have a goatee or beard. Assuming they are of age to grow facial hair, and not a woman.

Coincidence? I think not. So just what is the connection between TF and facial hair? I cannot decipher this alone my friends..I need your help!

So what are your thoughts, opinions, do YOU have a goatee or beard? If so why, and what is it about TF that makes fanboys not shave?
G1Starscream
Protoform

Post by G1Starscream »

Well I can only speak for myself, but I don't shave regularly because I'm lazy!:laugh:
Rurudyne
Protoform

Post by Rurudyne »

Clean-ish shaven. ;)
Standup Philosopher

"Do not taunt Happy Fun Ball"
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Zisteau

Re: TF fans all have goatee/beards?

Post by Zisteau »

Originally posted by Ackula

So just what is the connection between TF and facial hair? I cannot decipher this alone my friends..I need your help!

I should be a detective or something.

Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

I was thinking the same thing when I was at the preview event for the games. The only two people representing fansites without goatees (or facial hair) were Kevin Lukis and Dan Ross.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
I had a goatee for a few years but shaved it off about a year back.

I DO have a ponytail, though, which apparently is a trait that all comic book fans share.

Yeah...I had one for many years too, but cut my hair about 2 years ago.
Hound

Post by Hound »

Most of the people I met at OTFCC didn't have facial hair. Garand did and I do. But Flec, Ginrai, and Jason didn't. Oh and, of course, Scout didn't either.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Is it me or does the bloke at the back of Auros' picture look worryingly like Alf from Home and Away?

I have a full, manly beard by the by.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Civ

Post by Civ »

Shave just about everyday and sometimes that includes my face. ;) I also have really short hair on the top of my head.
der2

Post by der2 »

Short hair and clean shaven here. Have to for work... I am the 'Sold Out' poster boy!
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

Speaking for myself? Shave when I can be bothered and keep my hair fairly short.
"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Stubble is shorthand for kewl.

It's like having a scar or a name like Lazarus.

That's why so many geeks don't shave - it's to compensate for lack of EDGE.

It's rare I'll go more than three days without shaving. That said, I got rid of two weeks' of growth yesterday, solely as I'd wanted to see what I'd look like with a full beard. The answer was "a scruff." Not to be done again. Plus I look dead sexy when clean shaven.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I've got a Tim Roth-quality beard at the moment, mainly because i can't be arsed to get my hair cut (£5 = about 18 Gobots) and look a bit girly otherwise...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Yeah, the other purpose of my beard was to detract attention from my needing a haircut...
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Clean(ish) shaven and short hair here. I did sport a variety of beards from the age of 16 til the end of uni though. Never had a pony tail though, nor did most of my comic fan friends.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I have buzz-cut hair (usually to the 3/8 inch setting. Easier than going to a barber) that doesn't usually make it longer than 2-3 inches before people bother me about cutting it. Can't really grow it out, as it gets all poofy on me, and I hate (not really, just jealous of ;-*) all of you with hair that lets you get away with that.

I shave on sundays, for the most part, but can't be bothered to do it, during the week/I wake up too damn early to safely put sharp metal that close to my face and neck.

Sometimes, when I'm bored of being clean-shaven, I'll grow out a beard or a goatee to change it up, but I usually end up shaving, again, when I remember how much of a ****in' mess a beard can be, when you're trying to eat anything with some sort of sauce/gravy/other condiment on it.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I guess I should speak for myself as well in this thread. I usually shave about once a month. I'm very lazy and HATE shaving. I usually grow a full beard, and once it starts to get unkempt looking I will shave it off completely except for a tiny swatch of hair underneath my lip (soul patch?) mostly because I have a scar there from where my lip used to be pierced back in my younger rebellous days.

I have for the most part went through the same ritual with my hair for years now..I shave it off completely with clippers and no guard in the summer, and let it grow back until its around shoulder elnght at which point in annoys me and I cut it again. For most of my teenage years and early 20's it was long though, at one point it was down to my waist almost.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I accidently screwed up with a haircut and had to go bald, for a while. Never again. Didn't look terrible, but it was cold as hell, even in the summer.

EDIT: Though, running my hands over my bald scalp was slightly . . . arousing. It was really smooth and soft, and, well, it felt nice, damn it!
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

I have a goatee

Nothing to do with a Transfan, but I'm a 20 year old who can grow a good beard, so I figure why not.