*drool* Impactor custom...

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Denyer

*drool* Impactor custom...

Post by Denyer »

http://www.custommasters.com/ImpactorG2.htm

Anyone know if we're likely to get Destructicons in the UK? 'Cause I wanna make one!

If you want a pre-made, I'm guessing PP is going to be somewhat inundated with orders...
Hound

Post by Hound »

Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Me > Denyer!

On-topic, PP has had a few orders, one of which is mine, which hopefully I'll have the money for some time in July! $40 doesn't seem bad for me, as beyond paint my custom skills are pretty raw [I can graft two different things together, but only really work all that well with ready-made components...], and Bludgeon would be about half that in the UK... Denyer, I think wither Besty or Humourous Conclusion reported seening them in a UK TRU... I'm hoping to pick them up Stateside, and may well get a spare to repaint in original Megatron colours, depending on how well I think it'll work once I've had a good close look at the Combat Hero mould... I might even stretch to a third and do a G2-colours [as in the green large one] version too, as the original G2 tank looks a bit too large and stoic for me.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Oops... there was a burr of recognition in my mind for this topic, but I didn't realise it was that recent.

Er, Cliffy, if you're planning on carting away huge quantities of excess baggage anyway, any chance of a proxy purchase? No need for box or owt... :)

I reckon I could do everything I wanted with a craft knife, a random sheet of plastic, a screwdriver, some masking tape and several cans of car paint. 'S about time I got back into modelling...

Hmm. Will have to try the TrU near me tomorrow...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Apparently there's a TRU within walking distance of Alicia's house, so I'm sure I can have a go! My tentative shopping list is a couple of Destructicon Bludgeons, Armada Blurr & Sideways, reissue Red Alert [maybe Hoist too], the latest Sychanger reapints and any reduced RiD like the super Car Brothers that I don't have, most of which I'll be stripping packaging from, so space should be fine! Yeh, I know half of that I could get over here, but I won't have money for it before I go, and I'll save a few quid ;)
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Armada Sideways

Cliffjumper - Don't do it, it really isn't worth it. The only reason to get him is if you're a massive compleatist. I am and I regret bying him. He really is a very unimpressive TF with a bad gimick and a really ugly Minicon.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

But he's a post-G1 motorbike.... I always like them, even if no-one else does. Go on, someone mention Glide from Sixturbo. I haven't gottent to mock "G1" as a pidgeonhole for a while.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Sideways is ****ing cool. You just have to resist temptation to even contemplate investigating the laffable "headmaster" function.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

SLAG!!!!!!!!
My bad, I was thinking of Sideswipe - really ugly car!!!!!! who comes with a motor bike minicon!

Actually I like SideWAYS (frigging names, argh:wall: ). Even his headmaster gimic is kinda interesting, though they're out of proportion. I like his beatdown sticks on his arms.

LOL, sideways is worth an investment.

As for Sideswipe (:wall: ) see my comments above

Sorry guys :(

Oh and Glide from Sixturbo (yes I realized I'm going to get bashed here) I actually like the little guy, An interesting little look, even though he has no real arms to speak of.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Armada Blurr
Mmm... he looks fun, too... when you off across the water?

Got my spray paints for Prowl 2 today... when I get everything else I have to do sorted out, RiD Sideswipe beckons...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Prowl 2 won't look too much like Sideswipe, dude.... ;)

Erm, early September, bang on time for the 9/11 anniversary, which should help my usual flight nerves no end... stick me in an engine on a stack on barely-welded steel tubes and I'm a happy bugger, put me in an expensive, ultra- safe jet and move me five foot off the ground and I keep thinking of TV movies... Erm, yeh. Just let me know and we'll see what I can do, I'm planning on taking an insane amount of spending money... let's just hope they don't have a local scalper... Just don't expect me to bring anything the size of Unicron or Jetfire back...

Armada Blurr, IMHO, looks to be worth it for the alt mode...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Prowl 2 won't look too much like Sideswipe, dude.... ;)
Ah, the blue one... whatever it's called... :p
Just let me know
Wicky! I'll jot a note to send you a cheque nearer to time... wouldnae ask you to bring owt bulky back ('specially since I've worked so hard throwing large items out to make space... you don't know any fans who'd want a stack of PAL tapes / Ladybird books by any chance?)

Hmm... anyone know if Armada Wheeljack is out with a final colour scheme yet? :)
Hound

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by Denyer
Hmm... anyone know if Armada Wheeljack is out with a final colour scheme yet? :)

I don't know if he's been released but he's in the catalog and Armada comic so I'd guess his black/yellow colors are pretty much final. Just a guess though.

BTW, Blurr's pretty nice. His legs don't do a whole lot but he looks awesome in both modes and he carries around two, comparatively, big ass missle launchers. Plus his mini-con is pretty cool. He's worth having.
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Why is it I always forget transformers.com?

Ooh, nifty...

Cheers for the recs!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Denyer
Ah, the blue one... whatever it's called... :p

Wicky! I'll jot a note to send you a cheque nearer to time... wouldnae ask you to bring owt bulky back ('specially since I've worked so hard throwing large items out to make space... you don't know any fans who'd want a stack of PAL tapes / Ladybird books by any chance?)

Sorry, I did start typing an aswer last nite, got a bit distracted and then managed to unplug my PC :/

In reverse order, I'd forgotten about Wheeljack, who looks like the best thing in the line so far... If he's out, I'll be getting one, and I'm sure another will be no problem... I think I'll add Supercon Op to my list of things I want too :)

Oh, and don't send a cheque 'til I'm back, you know what I'm like! Denyer, I'm waiting on an Inferno for ya :)

PAL tapes? No idea, they don't seem to be shifting anywhere.... if I go back to Swansea I'm probably going to put mine in an ad in the paper, and should that fail, a "free to collector" one a bit later... though if you have theone with Dark awakening on, I'm interested :)

Ladybird books? Try listing them on ebay.com... lots of American collectors seem to refer to them as rare collectables [:\] , and IIRC you have the complete set which might fetch a bit.... it might help that in the USA you can't find the things in charity shops ;)
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Armada Wheeljack looks nifty, but I'm really not sold on the bright yellow bits. I've got too many Armada toys that have yellow in them already...

That said, I'm almost certain to get the Micron Legend version (Rampage), seeing as it's being done in a giftset along with the Dark Saber. Wooha.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

though if you have theone with Dark awakening on, I'm interested :)
I'm in two minds as to whether to keep a couple (DA, Fight Or Flee)... if I have to split 'em, I'd probably keep... don't s'pose you want the lot for cost of postage? See'f you can get anything for the rest, because I can't be doing with the hassle.
Ladybird books? Try listing them on ebay.com... lots of American collectors seem to refer to them as rare collectables
Capital suggestion! I'll make 'em an international lot... yeah, it's all of them. I might scan them first, though... shhh... :)

Lemme know if my sending cash first makes any difference as to whether you can pick up...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Cheers for t'offer, but no thanks, I never watch the things,... I've given about half of mine already to a kid in my mum's primary school class who likes TFs [not at all steenking bribery - apparently my site's set as the homepage on the class computer ;)]... I only ever watch the tape Mart sent me that has DA and auto-Beserk on it with Dutch subs, and the Fight or flee one you sent me aaages ago... Most of the bad ones [I.e. the rest...] just take up space, and lead to horrible situations whena friend who knows I like Transformers will want tos it down and watch a random episode like Dinobot Island, and will then spend a week looking at me and thsaying "why....?" in a shocked tone, while I try to point out that I did say it'd be fairer if they had a quick flick thru End of the Road....

Apologies for splling, I've yet to bother sorting out theis typing lag on IE :)