180 degree arm rotation

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Summerhayes

180 degree arm rotation

Post by Summerhayes »

I was watching the 2007 film earlier and I noticed, once again, Ratchet's good old-fashioned torso rotation during his transformation.
Who doesn't love one of them? Simple pleasures.
Alas, Few of my toys really rock the spin.
I like bears.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Mmmm, I love Ratchet's toy. Until I watch the film again and see that lovely transformation, and you wonder how Ironhide ended up so damn satisfying in the plastic and Ratchet didn't...
Catalyst Dragon

Post by Catalyst Dragon »

I quite like the Rachet toy, The only thing that bothers me about him is the Rack shield...thing, the spotlights from it can clearly be seen on his shoulders in the movie, and though you can sorta attach them to where there...there on the toy they don't really fit.

That and the lack of a gun, which he uses in both movies...
All that was needed was a catalyst and the machines of war are set in motion.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

The thing is, more than anyone else in the film, when you looked at Ironhide you could sort of see how his transformation would work, and how a toy would work. With Ratchet it was all a bit vague and complex and filmy

Also, they totally fudged his guns. Which was a shame
I like bears.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I love my Movie Ratchet. Shame about the lack of guns, though... The ROTF deluxe Ratchet has a nice gun, but the toy is mostly rubbish.
TMM

Post by TMM »

Blackjack wrote:I love my Movie Ratchet. Shame about the lack of guns, though... The ROTF deluxe Ratchet has a nice gun, but the toy is mostly rubbish.
see i think i prefer, from a toy point of view, the deluxe version of ratchet, it seems to all fit together in a much tighter transformation. i don't really like the weird 'fan' hand on the voyager, or some of the proportions.

however for movie accuracy, i would say the voyage is a little closer in the way it actually transforms

still no prime though, i think rotf leader prime is my favourite of the movie figures, but it does lack the awesome 180 arm rotation. i also quite like the jazz breakdance transformation
First we crack the shell... Then we crack the nuts inside!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

The Voyager could do with that big chunky machine gun.

The Deluxe just doesn't do it for me - it looks too spindly, and has that piled-up stuff around the hips. It's a shame they didn't use the basic layout for a new Voyager, though, the extra space would help. Plus he's just too small - I like the way my Movie Autobots look around the same scale in robot mode.
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

Hmm . . . I just went and had a look into the movie Ratchets. I'd definately have to plump for the Voyager. The Deluxe looks worse than the blooming Fast Action Battler!
I like bears.