Current Figure Collecting Goals?

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
Civ

Current Figure Collecting Goals?

Post by Civ »

I was just curious what everyone's current TF collecting goals are. So, do tell, what are you guys and gals hoping to achieve with your toy buying habits if any.

Mine? I want to get the updates for the 1984 and 1985 figures from Universe 2.0, Classics, Energon, Cybertron, and Botcon exclusives along with accessories. I am thinking of getting rid of most of my G1 collection since it just doesn't impress me much anymore. Compared to the new stuff, it just blows the old stuff away. I'll still keep a few figures like Optimus Prime (the original), Megatron, Omega Supreme, Metroplex, Trypticon, most of the gestalts, Blaster, Soundwave, and of course Trailbreaker.

I think I'm going to keep my Alternator/Binaltech figures for now. I love my 6" Titaniums and I'll keep up with the Masterpiece line. I'll keep a few movie figures. I'm also getting rid of most of my BW collection and keeping a few choice figures.

So everyone, share dammit!
Thanks, Zeeks! Great job! :up:
Detective Barricade

Post by Detective Barricade »

To get more of the Beast Wars molds, get RiD Megatron/Galvatron, Scourge and Prowl, and definitely get MP Prime and Megatron. I've got quite a few collecting goals...
Got a complaint?
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
The Complaints department: making complaints disappear since 2009!
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

To stop.
But I can't.
They're just too cool lately.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Frighteningly, I'm nearly done. My goal was to get a single version each of the characters from Classics/Universe 2.0 , and I've very nearly accomplished that, aside from a couple of BotCon Exclusives, Soundwave, and Henkei Thrust and Dirge.

I don't think I'll include BotCon 2009 in the Classics set, as it's just way too random right now, and has nothing to do with the Classics timeline/fiction anyway. I may track down Scourge, but the Titanium seems like a better choice...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Scramble Gattai Ideon, Machine Dolphin, Turn A Gundam.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

I'm mostly looking to keep collecting the Animated line as it progresses. I'd also like to get a hold of some more Beast Wars figures as well, especially from BWII and Neo.

And of course I'd like to find those damn egg bots....maybe at Botcon...
Civ

Post by Civ »

Cliffjumper wrote:Scramble Gattai Ideon, Machine Dolphin, Turn A Gundam.
Smartass.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Henkei Hot Shot...That's it.

Always wanted to buy a Henkei, Hot Shot will be my first.

After Hot Shot, I'll try to get Astrotrain...
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Treadshot A1

Post by Treadshot A1 »

After hearing all this, i might just get turn a gundam. Got a shop nearby that sells the MG one. Never bothered before, but maybe. Arios and Seravee are also on there, as are 00 Raiser and GN Archer.

As for TF's, I must get Universe (everything after Ironhide's wave, and some damn animated BB legends). Something after EG Bumblebee's wave in animated would also be great.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
ganon578

Post by ganon578 »

Sadly enough, I'm almost done collecting for a while. I went balls-to-the-wall with the Classics/Universe, so my shelves are quite full. Once I can get my hands on Universe Ratchet, my collecting is over for a long while. The only reason for it to start back up is if Hasbro breathes new life into the Classics/Universe line when the movie line has run it's course.

Overall though, I'm not too sad to be done collecting. It will give me a chance to focus on some video games I've been meaning to get, and I'm really happy with my collection. It's actually going to be satisfying opening that Ratchet... :)
Transformer Kamen

Post by Transformer Kamen »

Since I got Big Convoy a few months ago, I have all the older figures I want. I still plan to pick up a few more Beast Wars Neo figures (picked up Break vs. Deadend a few days ago), but I'm not rabidly pursuing anything.

Otherwise, I'm finished with the current run of the Universe line, and, so far, there are only a few from the up coming Movie Line I plan on picking up. If we get more Animated figures, I'll be picking some of them up.
Sunstreaker2

Post by Sunstreaker2 »

Well, I just bought Henkei Astrotrain off Amazon, so that covers that goal.
No longer looking for RID Dreadwind, but I still need Smokejumper. I'm also in need of Mammoth Nemesis Prime's tail piece, as my figure lacks it. Send me a PM.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

If Hasbro release a Masterpiece Grimlock analogue, I might bite.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Gonna probably get MP Grimlock and the TFU special edition Dragstrip for my birthday. I'll grab a few TFA figures that catch my eye and TFU Ratchet. Then I'll get a handful of movie figs. Then we'll see.

Gravitating more towards comics and comic figures these days.
Firebird

Post by Firebird »

I have an original G1 Octane (not the Tankor reissue - I do own that) on the way.

I want to get the Constructicons and maybe Cyclonus.
Firebird has her optics on you...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

I'm in the don't see any reason to stop camp.

I intend to get all on screen movie figures that aren't just horible repaints (this means you, IRONHIDE).

I also look forward to completing the Universe 2.0 new molds. (not too into the cybertron repaints, I have them as Cybertron toys and they are fine that way)

I want the outstanding Animated figs...

so really I want it all. But I must say, after getting a few of the TRU re-issues and a few non minty G1 toys my interest has waned on the G1 toys. The Classics/Univers toys are what I want out of G1.
Come on and wind me up.
Knightdramon
Protoform

Post by Knightdramon »

Besides henkei hot shot, cheetor and dinobot, there aren't any other tfs I want until the movie line hits.

And even then, I'll wait to see what repaints come out and then bite the bullet.
Firebird

Post by Firebird »

Firebird wrote:I have an original G1 Octane (not the Tankor reissue - I do own that) on the way.

I want to get the Constructicons and maybe Cyclonus.

I forgot to mention the Stunticons...
Firebird has her optics on you...[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

My goal is to fill the huge gaping hole inside of me with as much crap as humanly possible.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Dead Man Wade wrote:My goal is to fill the huge gaping hole inside of me with as much crap as humanly possible.
Yeah, that's pretty much what I do.

I'm so terribly lonely, won't anyone reply to my post :p
Come on and wind me up.