What do you get when you introduce the nerd species into an all jock habitat?

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Plasmodium

What do you get when you introduce the nerd species into an all jock habitat?

Post by Plasmodium »

My night out.

<rant>

So I agree to go out with a childhood friend tonight, wow, BIG mistake, dont know why the hell I agreed to it.

So, his van is packed, so I get to sit in the back next to slow Jon, WITH NO ****ING SEATS. We dont know where to go, no, scratch that, THEY dont know where to go. My feet are falling asleep, all the while WERE LISTENING TO ****ING RAP. Not a good start. We decide to go to Perkins, oh, but not the closest one no, that would be illogical, WE GO TO THE FARTHEST ****ING PERKINS IN THE ****ING CITY. We get there, the 5 others have their damn food, meanwhile Im sitting there like some ****ing jackass who is allergic to food, because Im not having anything (I ate supper right before I left). Marvelous.

Next, to make **** EVEN WORSE, my friends girlfriend asks for those coloring paper things with crayons, that kids usually spend their time with while waiting for their meal. Now, I could live with this, but NOOO, the bloody waitress brings 6 of those ****ing papers, 6! Im thinking, whoa, I wasnt aware Id be going out with 12 yr olds... To further prove they are 12 yr olds, here is a sampling of the adult convo:

Friends girlfriend: "Ya, <something something> is RETARDED"

Other person: "<something something> GAY"

Another person: "<something something> ****ING PISSED OFF"

Constant crap like that, meanwhile, the couple sitting near us were constantly giving us looks, while friends girlfriend is talking about one of her friends being threatened by some fat mans ass. And to top it off they keep pestering me, "youre so quiet, you need to talk more" etc... Im thinking, ya ok, I really like to socialize with immature kids! I never knew you had to be an ass to get a girlfriend, no wait, I do know that. "Nice guys finish last."

At least out of those 5, one of them was moderatly polite, and not talking so damn loud about gay fat retards. Had I actually gave them a piece of my mind, Itd be like a ****ing nuke went off, ruining their "perfect" evening. Bloody Christ on a bike, V-day just finished, and now I have to see this **** with them ****ing kissing and ****. God, made me want to blow some chunks in her bloody pancake meal, chew on that bitch. (ok, I admit thats cruel...id probly blow some chunks on her plate like as a dipping type thing, not over the whole pancakes, then again, Im not one to defile pancakes, they pwn)

We leave, im like, great, time to **** my feet up again for another hour taking **** in my ears. Splendid.

Were off to do more driving, and talking about crap I could care less about. Oh joy, we drop off 2 of the kids, NOW I CAN ****ING SIT ON SOMETHING OTHER THAN THE GODDAMN FLOOR.

We go to some bull**** place, where supposidly, its some "special place" between the two lovebirds. Wheee, running through the snow at midnight... Fantasticaly craptacular.

And now, I am finally home. I no doubt wont be going out with them again, next time my friend calls me, Ill tell him call me again when your friends grow up.

God, basically all hope is lost now if I want to find a GF, esp if I have to act like a ****ing kid to get one, **** that. Ill wait until Im 25.

</rant>

Thinking back, holy crap, I shouldve saw this coming, my friend was so on the jock trail from the beginning. His GF was alright I suppose, I probly wouldnt be mean to her if I was alone. Get me in a group, ESP with kids, and it will be utter ****.

Score for this night: -39583584/10
Jim

Post by Jim »

<poke>

It sounds like you were trying to not have fun. Maybe just going with the flow would have been better?

[EDIT]

Drawing on those pictures is mad fun yo, I was doing it on Friday when I took out this girl.

Crayons are leet
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

That sux. By choice, I really only hang out with 3 main people, and a few other people, who hang out with the group every once and a while. Not that I wouldn't hang out with other people when invited to.

I've never really been in a situation where I've been uncomfortable, but then again, I'm a very adaptable person when all is said and done.

At least they were trying to be friendly with you. It could have been a lot worse, if they acted like dicks. Luckily, I've never been in a situation like that, or I'd prolly slag the whole lot of 'em.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Originally posted by Jim
<poke>It sounds like you were trying to not have fun. Maybe just going with the flow would have been better?

No, I gave it a chance, I wanted to meet his GF, only to find out the whole lot of em were bloody kids.

I laughed a few times, but that was mostly at their immaturity.

Oh Paladin, you see, they were acting like dicks.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Were they mistreating you? That's what I meant by being a dick.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

I see, no, they werent mistreating me, aside from the crap ass rap filling my head, and not having a seat to sit on...

They acted like kids, which instantly put me off.

edit: Eh, Ill probly give them another chance, Id rather it be in a small group, like max 4 people, not bloody 6, too much crap going on.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Jim
Maybe just going with the flow would have been better?
Uh?

As Brend's wont to remark, a person is a wonderful thing; people suck.
Scout

Post by Scout »

Well, sounds like it could have been a bit embarassing.

Gotta agree with Jim though. Crayons and blank paper are topps when waiting for food. :)
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

HEHEHEHEHE...sorry, I was just thinking back to the good ole days of pledging for a fraternity...ATO...and thinking to myself, ok, I am athletic, but I am not a jock...

only thing I liked about the frat parties were the women. Oh, and the beer.

I turned down the ATO's and stopped hanging round those kinds of ppl cause I could only talk like that with them "never", and got bored easily.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

I went to a party last night and it sounds a lot like that. Except I wasn't alone. It was about half 'my kind of people', and half idiot jocks who's idea of a good time is trying to either start a fight, or destroy property. And then there were the girls who were either very quiet or else they were too talkative and spent the entire night gossiping about people I didn't even know.

Everytime we tried to separate ourselves from the idiots, they'd come and find us and try to get them to act like they were acting. It got really annoying.

Parties are cool though. You just have to find the right people to hang out with at them.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Hang on... You're bashing them for swearing so much, but you've gone and posted an entire post full of ****ing **** ****.... Am I the only one to see the irony?
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

"Do as I say, not as I do"
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Originally posted by Sixswitch
Hang on... You're bashing them for swearing so much, but you've gone and posted an entire post full of ****ing **** ****.... Am I the only one to see the irony?

Ya, I was aware of my mass amounts of swearing hehehe...

The major thing that bothered me was the words like "gay" and "retard." I felt ashamed just sitting there with them, while people are giving us looks. They are extremely rude, I would never do that in a public place. Geez.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Sixswitch
Rather different in a text-based medium with an auto-censor, isn't it?

And, as pointed out, it was the rest that was offensive...
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

Originally posted by Quicksilver
"Do as I say, not as I do"

The one peice of advice Cliffy could give to newbies.
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

**** this, **** that, how about making it readable? And it sounded like they all had a good time. What a crime...
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Plasmodium
The major thing that bothered me was the words like "gay" and "retard." I felt ashamed just sitting there with them, while people are giving us looks. They are extremely rude, I would never do that in a public place.
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

LOL at Jims new sigpic haaha

Plasman's got a point. I hate when your out in public with that one guy whos all ****ing this and ****ing that. It is so terrible especially when your at restaurant and this behaviour escalates towards the waiters and the cooking staff. Oh boy those were the days. Some people have no idea how to grow up and move on and stop acting like retards:o ;)
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Originally posted by Stuart Denyer
Rather different in a text-based medium with an auto-censor, isn't it?

Not really.

But yeah, throwing the word 'gay' around as an insult is my all time number 1 major pet hate. So I understand that one. Retard is pretty much along the same lines.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

What do you think if somebody uses stereotypes about somebody in a joking manner? Like Blimey, and crikey right in front of an English man, or a person married to an Australian?