[War and Peace] How could Shockwave...

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

How could Shockwave destroy the Ark II?

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

In DW G1 vol 2#6 Shockwave states that he caused the destruction of the Ark II ok but my question is: How?

I mean lets be realistic if he transformed in to his star canon mode and fired it from Cybertron orbit would be quite illogical for
several reasons the first one being:

The distance now I don't recall if Dreamwave gave a general place
where Cyberton is in the universe but think about it. Even if he had fore-knowledge of the Ark II's launch it still would have to space and not anything and in our solar system alone there is an orit cloud about 7 planets (and moons) and an asteroid belt that
would be a one hell of a trick shot to say the least.

He could have planted a bomb again the question is:
How would get to Earth undected and place a bomb?
Since he didn't seem to have a space bridge around and I find it very unlikey that he would jouney to Earth plant a bomb and fly back home without someone seeing him.
A fifty-foot tall robot with one hand and one light for a face wouldn't be hard to not to spot.

Brad Mick better have one hell of an explantion for this.
Suggestions thoughts opinions anyone?
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Well, he could have been monitoring the TFs on earth (probably realized that they'd been reactivated) undetected with some kind of cloaking device (or they simply weren't looking because they didn't suspect anything). When he saw the Ark II, he shot it down, and went back to Cybertron. With the huge gap in time that they lay dormant, he would have been able to make it back.
Grandmaster Shockwaeve
Protoform

Post by Grandmaster Shockwaeve »

spoilers in thread title = not a good idea...

I can't remember when that issue came out, but it seems that it's recent enough to be more prudent than that....
Hang on to your ego.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
Well, he could have been monitoring the TFs on earth (probably realized that they'd been reactivated) undetected with some kind of cloaking device (or they simply weren't looking because they didn't suspect anything). When he saw the Ark II, he shot it down, and went back to Cybertron. With the huge gap in time that they lay dormant, he would have been able to make it back.

Yeah. Except that General Hallo blew up the damn ship too. He would have been watching to make sure it exploded. And if he had noticed a gigantic laser beam blasting the ship out of the sky, he certainly did a wonderful job ignoring it entirely...
Ozz
Protoform

I said it before, but...

Post by Ozz »

Hallo was Shockwave in disguise.

Either that or Mick is pissing over Saraccini's work. Red Alert present on Cybertron after first Ark's crash? Yeah sure.
-Okay, the bomb's dropped. Life goes on. No amount of sulking or worrying changes that. We've got our own lives to live. In that regard, in five minutes time, I am using the autopilot on the Midnight Runner and taking it down the pub. If I go on my own, I go on my own.
-Well. Wait up, you horrible English git. While I'm around, you don't have to go anywhere on your own.
And, one by one, the others follow.
And, one by one, they begin to smile.
CounterPunch
Protoform

Post by CounterPunch »

i think either

1, brad disregarded all of chris' stupid explanations or
2, shockwave somehow manipulated hallo into either thinking he did or actually blowing up the ship. as in set forth a chain of events which he knew would lead to the destruction of the ark II
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Either version isn't exactly rife with depth of plot...
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Denyer
Either version isn't exactly rife with depth of plot...

Not unlike the series as a whole...
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

Shockwave in space gun mode fires upon the Ark 2 from orbit and goes down to collect cdertain con's like Blitzwing. Or he manipulates Halo with a advanced hypno chip.

To be honest Dreamwave G1 is screwed up. Volume one was meant to be set after the events of the second cartoon series towards the movie. But volume 2 makes on that the original 18 Autobots, plus the Dinobots and Aerialbots crashed on Earth. Season 2 Autobots (Most from 1985's catalogue like Powerglide, Skids, Red alert, Tracks) havent even been to Earth. In Volume 2 we saw a mix of characters from 1985-86's toy catalogues.
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Originally posted by Lambda prime
Volume one was meant to be set after the events of the second cartoon series towards the movie.

It was? Or was it fans who said that it must fit before TF:TM? Dreamwave oficially stated that they're doing a new continuity in the middle of first mini, if I remember correctly.

What's sad, some of fans still don't take it as a fact, and say that Saraccini was writing it to fit in the cartoon, and then that stupid Mick came, severed from 'cartoon' continuity and ruined it all. Bad Mick. Naughty naughty.
-Okay, the bomb's dropped. Life goes on. No amount of sulking or worrying changes that. We've got our own lives to live. In that regard, in five minutes time, I am using the autopilot on the Midnight Runner and taking it down the pub. If I go on my own, I go on my own.
-Well. Wait up, you horrible English git. While I'm around, you don't have to go anywhere on your own.
And, one by one, the others follow.
And, one by one, they begin to smile.
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

volume one was great, but I think it was a mistake to change writers if the two stories are supposed to be connected, and one question if the two volumes are connected then how come wheeljack is alive again?
Gruff
Protoform

Post by Gruff »

who's to say that Shockwave didnt use Bombshell and have Hallo possessed with a cerebro shell and control him that way.

Using Hallo as an active monitor on earth via bombshell would allow him to keep an eye on the Transformers situation there and remove his 2 main opponents in Prime and Megatron.
Gruff 3:16 says Brendocon is da man!!Image
Lambda prime
Protoform

Post by Lambda prime »

Dreamwave should have started from scratch, or acknowledge that it all started in the cartoon's three part start.
Also Wheeljack may have comatose or in stasis lock (Same thing only when a Transformers energon run's low) beside's readfing his bio in 'More then meet's the eye' kind of explain's his survival, he face's death all the time with his experiment's.
Let's hope G1 ongoing rounds off its stories and that writer's do their homework.
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

I just reread all G1 vol.2 issues and It isn't clear that Hallo was being manipulated by Shockwave, and something I found intresting reading it a second time was that things seemed to fit together better and it seems like Scourge( in dreamwaves world at least) could be alpha trion's dark side. There is definetly a connection.