[Unofficial] Dino cassettes re-release...

Figures, collectables, customs and collecting.
The Reverend

[Unofficial] Dino cassettes re-release...

Post by The Reverend »

KOtoys' Dial & Saur are up for preorder now.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Posting news is appreciated, but it's not helpful to the average reader to not include a link when doing so. There's possibly a case for it here where the product isn't official, but in the MP Rodimus thread there's no reason not to.

https://kotoys.com/store/index.php?main ... efffea8c65

Tom'll be happy. Noise and Graphy can't be far behind. If indeed they haven't already been bootlegged... haven't seen much TF news for a while.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, definitely order these (once I find out where the Hell the seventy quid's worth of BT KOs I ordered from them actually are). While they're a bit weird, I always preferred them to the retread of the US Autobot tapes - Rewind/Eject are a poor Rumble/Frenzy, Steeljaw a poor Ravage.

EDIT: Not worth it's own post, but it turns out that it's a national holiday in China, hence lack of BT KO dispatch, and obviously no fault of KO Toys :)
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

I was going to post in the Twin/Blaster reissue thread that the slightly random repaints being included rather than the more logical and desirable reuse of the never seen since they were originally put out Dinosaurs suggests they were lost to Takara. But not the bootleggers it would seem. Huzzah!

Though they are fugly.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Cliffjumper wrote:EDIT: Not worth it's own post, but it turns out that it's a national holiday in China, hence lack of BT KO dispatch, and obviously no fault of KO Toys :)
Best to keep a sharp eye on things anyway -- KO Toys don't exactly have a sterling reputation when it comes to situations like the one you've described. I've never dealt with them personally but horror stories about them abound.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Warcry wrote:Best to keep a sharp eye on things anyway -- KO Toys don't exactly have a sterling reputation when it comes to situations like the one you've described. I've never dealt with them personally but horror stories about them abound.
I had a nasty run-in with their ebay account (just before it closed; until I got some contact back I was a bit worried they'd noted my name and stuff, as I think my negative went some way towards closing the thing); went for tracked shipping and have Paypal buyer protection so I'm not overly worried - also stuck to A&L figures, which I've got a couple of already. I'd have preferred to order from Chimung, but he seems to be winding down his BT stock and the ones I'm after have been out of stock for a while.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

Got my Dairu and Zauru from KO Toys today. I've dashed off a quick set of notes for them on the toy section.
Decepticon Spike

Post by Decepticon Spike »

For anyone that has these. how is the quality? Do they make excellent stand ins in a collection?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Good luck actually getting them from KOToys, though - chances are they'll take a month and maybe send one of them.
The Reverend

Post by The Reverend »

The photos released just before the orders shipped did show Gurafi and Noizu. They're saying on the news forum that those are probably coming sometime next year.
Decepticon Spike

Post by Decepticon Spike »

They sound like they are good, for KOs. Better than the KOs I have, at any rate.