[RID,UT] Lack of ...

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Minaru
Protoform

Lack of ...

Post by Minaru »

I've been reading the threads that I missed cause of work... one thing I noticed is a severe lack of support for the show/comics. All I ever hear is the bad parts. Why act so negative? We are fans of G1 (most of us anyways) from when it originally aired in the 80's. A lot has changed in television for kids. I go back now and watch G1, and see it's bsasically as pointless as Armada, but I still like it.

I like Armada as well. So what if it has crappy plots, crappy animation, annoying characters... It's still better than most shows out there. And it's TRANSFORMERS. Something I really enjoy. We, the people who like this show, must speak out and admit we like this show! We can't leave LigerZero to be the only one willing to admit time after time.

Cheers to you Liger. You've kept a level head when most would fall and just attack back when attacked.

This thread is to hear from thsoe who like the show. If you don't like the show, why not go over to the G1 area and not bring your negativity to us? Please, just people who liek the show!
never again
Protoform

Post by never again »

i like it.
I NEED A NEW SIGNATURE!
LigerZero
Protoform

Post by LigerZero »

Thanks for the support Minaru. It is annoying when your the only one with guts enough to admit that I like Armada and deffend it if nessisary, which I have done from time to time.

I too would like to see more people coming out and saying that they like it too. That way I don't feel alone.
THE WIND, THE CLOUD, AND THE ADVENTURE....

Check out my EBay Auction The Constructicons set of Knock Offs.
Minaru
Protoform

Post by Minaru »

Well, there's apparently three of us so far, Liger.

Come on people, if you didn't like it so much, you wouldn't be here as much, right??? *evil glares* RIGHT? :mad:

Let's rally :)
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Rally away. The Armada toys are pure class, I love my Armada Megs more than my God Jinrai and Scorponok. I find Armada annoying, childish, brain dead and silly... But then again, I find most cartoons these days have all of those attributes.
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I love the toys (except Hot Shot), and the comics show promise (on top of that Simon Furman's going to take over soon. Yay!).

As for the cartoon, it has it's moments (episodes 6, 10, 12, and are good, don't bother with 4, 5, 7-9, and 11, 13 was all right (nothing special), 1-3 are a good introduction, so I'd recommend them, along with the good ones), but on the whole, they misuse the minicon gimick, turning it into a pokemon knockoff.
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Why so much negativity? Maybe because people dont like sh*t?

Mmm, now theres a possibility.
LigerZero
Protoform

Post by LigerZero »

Originally posted by Plasmodium
Why so much negativity? Maybe because people dont like sh*t?

Mmm, now theres a possibility.

Then why didn't heed to request and not bring your negatrivity here? This is only for those that like the show.

Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Ya I know that, just needed to input on this though. People wont praise ****.
LigerZero
Protoform

Post by LigerZero »

Ya I know that, just needed to input on this though. People wont praise ****.

Thats just your point of view. Everyone has a different point of view. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that everyone shouldn't like it. If we all thought the same way it would be a very dull world.

Now again I ask that if you don't like Armada don't post in this thread.

Minaru
Protoform

Post by Minaru »

The cartoon seems to get better with each passing episode. I would like to see more history of the mini-con's though. Like The first couple issues of the comic.

How many episodes are there right now, and how many comics?
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

13 eps, 4 comics
Ulticron
Protoform

Post by Ulticron »

I'm not gonna lie an say i love it, the show is no better than my stool. It's totaly void of NEthing good.

aZ for the toyZ, they started out ok, and are getting better as they come out w/new oneZ. I like scavenger and i'm looking foreward to jetfire, an unicron.
Edo
Protoform
Location: Somewhere in the pinelands of NJ forming his own subgroup of Autobots that run entirely on vodka.

Post by Edo »

Armada has good points and bad points. I think Armada's best quality is that it is based on a great idea and has a lot of potential to expand it's story lines and introduce new characters into them. Armada's worst quality though is that it is too focused on non-transformers. The kids should be secondary characters, and not receive as much screen time as they have been so far.
"Why don't they just put Marmaduke to sleep?"
- Jake Morgandorpher
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Bottom line: a) the kids need to die, and b) the story wont get better because its written by dumb ****s and they want to appeal to the kiddies.

As far as im concerned, BW will always be the best TF show. Unless, someone makes a new series, which involves death, war, destruction, massacres. No kid bull****, unless they are slaughtered. Megs needs to be a ruthless mother ****er, killing babies, raping chicks etc etc... That would make a good tv show! (6)

EDIT: No no, EATING babies, yes...that would do...

I eAT yOuR BAbiEs!1 anyone?
LigerZero
Protoform

Post by LigerZero »

Originally posted by Edo
Armada has good points and bad points. I think Armada's best quality is that it is based on a great idea and has a lot of potential to expand it's story lines and introduce new characters into them. Armada's worst quality though is that it is too focused on non-transformers. The kids should be secondary characters, and not receive as much screen time as they have been so far.

They do seem to be focussing more on the TFs and not so much on the kids. In Overmatch the kids at best only had 3 minutes of screen time. The rest was all about the tfs.

And Plas did you not see the last 3 or 4 episodes? If you did you would have seen that the righting is getting better. Its no BW but it is improving.

Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

Originally posted by LigerZero
righting is getting better.

Its writing, not righting.

It may be getting better, but its still for the kiddies, I want to see some bad **** go down.
Sades

Post by Sades »

Originally posted by LigerZero
Everyone has a different point of view. Just because you don't like it doesn't mean that everyone shouldn't like it.

Very, very true.

However, he never said that everyone shouldn't like it. All that he said was that people won't praise what they think is ****, which is true.

Having just viewed the first three eps 'roundabouts an hour ago on YTV, I'd have to say that I do like it so far... still rather iffy about it, though. One ep at a time...

[edit]: Oh... and I'm kinda lukewarm about the comics, and the toys... well... The only one's I'd buy are some Minicons, and Starscream, so far. :-/
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Plasmodium

Post by Plasmodium »

I saw some of it on YTV..

I guess they thought they could bring in ratings by using the BW voice actors, they thought wrong.
Sades

Post by Sades »

I saw some of it on YTV..

I guess they thought they could bring in ratings by using the BW voice actors, they thought wrong.

Speculation. It's a fun thing.

Eh, probably a little right and a little wrong... IMO, both Chalk and Kaye did an excellent job voicing their characters in BW/M, but I can't imagine someone watching Armada just because they happen to voice both Megs And OP...

Isn't it more likely that they're simply damned good at what they do?