Interview with Costa and Ongoing 7 Preview.

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Red Dave Prime

Post by Red Dave Prime »

Who is the artist on this? Its like roche but not quite the same level of character. And those this mean Dons designs are no longer being used? (where they ever?)
minimus-minor

Post by minimus-minor »

Red Dave Prime wrote:Who is the artist on this? Its like roche but not quite the same level of character. And those this mean Dons designs are no longer being used? (where they ever?)
The art is by E J Su, in his new style that was seen in Spotlight: Prowl. Colors are by James Brown. And IDW is giving artists free rein in the design department, so expect the designs to changes from artist to artist.

Personally, I like what Su is doing here. Looks damn good stuff to me. And Costa's previous record on one issue character studies (a la issue 4) leads me to believe that this issue could be very good indeed.
Freedom is not dispensed here, sentient fools, only death! *BLAM*
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Su, you say? Yeah, I totally see that now.

This new style of his (at least in these preview pages) has a sort of Geoff Senior feel to it. And since I'm a proponent of stylized art in comics, I like it.
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

After the rather 'meh' first arc, this one looks way more promising.

The first and second issue were mediocre, the third to fifth issue were nice build-up types, but the sixth was mostly rubbish. This one seems to be a more Decepticon-centric issue, which is good. Because Costa's handle on Optimus, Hot Rod and magnus is rubbish.

E.J. Su's art is much easier to convey emotions as well. Nothing wrong with overcomplication, but Don's faces can't really show much emotion. A little irked by the 'dirty patches' on characters, though.

That Sunstorm?
Terome

Post by Terome »

The art is stonking. And it's nice to have some proper Transformers crop up.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Needlenose! Though I bet he gets slotted five pages later by some Season 1 ****o.
asuka 24
Protoform

Post by asuka 24 »

Megatron looks really tough on the cover art.

:clap::clap::clap:
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Cliffjumper wrote:Needlenose! Though I bet he gets slotted five pages later by some Season 1 ****o.
Pffft. Screw Needlenose, that was Acid Storm on the second page!

What? I've got to find something to be excited about when the story makes very little sense and is filled with nonsense like Darkwing and Dreadwind being 'brothers'.

It's nice to see that the entire Decepticon army has abandoned all of the worlds they conquered in AHM to hang out with Starscream on Charr, though (this is when I miss the rolleyes smilie :().
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Warcry wrote:Pffft. Screw Needlenose, that was Acid Storm on the second page!
You know, I really would have thought anyone reading the comics who's ever likely to buy Universe toys would be doing so already, or at least be aware Octane and Bluestreak had different names in the toyline.

But no, clearly I was wrong, being in AHM must have sent Tankor sales through the roof as here comes a doomed attempt to make the world care about Acid Storm (because 6 Seekers are not enough), a character nearly as exciting as Sunstorm was (though I don't think he had a current Western toy at the time, Dreamwave less whorey than IDW?).

It seem the deal they've done with Hasbro for Drift getting a toy is for them to bend over a table and take product placement up the ass. In the comic where it's most pointless.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Warcry wrote:(this is when I miss the rolleyes smilie :().
Always whining. Image
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

Oh I dunno, I quite like Acid Storm. He gives me that G2 Cyberjets kinda vibe. I could quite well imagine an Acid Storm toy taking on Harrison Ford's role in 'Working Girl', for instance.

Or The Sixth Sense, starring Acid Storm as Haley Joel Osment's mother. A gigantic metal foot crashing through the kitchen ceiling as the boy shivers about seeing spirits and a metallic voice booms "That's alright son".

Because Acid Storm's smart enough not to get typecast, see.