X story help

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Computron

X story help

Post by Computron »

ok, I'm vague on this but I have a comic (that I cannae be bothered to go get at the moment to find exact names) but it involves a character who appears to be carrying on Magnetos work. He is in some sort of elite mutant point system where he gets points for killing mutants. He has from what I gathered killed Magneto and at the end of it he kills Bishop whilst trying to escape from an X-men attack on his base.

He gets stabbed by Wolverine but survives and he goes back thinking his leadership must be asured due to the points gathered by killing Bishop and Magneto - it ends with someone possibly called the games master/ keeper???? saying all points for him had been withdrawn due to both surviving.

I was wondering if anyone could fill me in on this story

cheers
I support a ban on powerposting
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

The Gamesmaster I've heard of... but I really have no idea who the guy you're referring to is. Is he Oriental-looking? Could be Lord Nyorin or Shinobi Shaw... I just don't know... sorry.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

It's not Fabe Cortez is it? The Upstarts, the group participating in the Gamesmaster's, erm, game were:

Sienna Blaze - attempted to kill Prof X, Storm, Cyclops
Fabien Cortex - believed himself to have killed Magneto by destroying Asteroid M in X-Men #3
Trevor Fitzroy - future criminal who wiped out loads of bods, including the Reavers and the Hellions, and nearly Em Frost
Shinobi Shaw - killed his dad
Someone else I can't remember

The thing ran intermittently from around Uncanny #281, in Uncanny, X-Men and X-Men Ultd, and was I think eventually forgotten about. Yay!
Hound

Post by Hound »

You've forgotten Sabretooth and Mystique's son Graydon Creed

Also Fenris were kind of probationary members...
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

From what I heard (cause I haven't read it, damnit :( ), Cortez was claiming points for killing Magneto, and the whole thing with Upstarts was ended around #40-50 of X-Force, though I may be wrong.
-Okay, the bomb's dropped. Life goes on. No amount of sulking or worrying changes that. We've got our own lives to live. In that regard, in five minutes time, I am using the autopilot on the Midnight Runner and taking it down the pub. If I go on my own, I go on my own.
-Well. Wait up, you horrible English git. While I'm around, you don't have to go anywhere on your own.
And, one by one, the others follow.
And, one by one, they begin to smile.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
It's not Fabe Cortez is it? The Upstarts, the group participating in the Gamesmaster's, erm, game were:

Sienna Blaze - attempted to kill Prof X, Storm, Cyclops
Fabien Cortex - believed himself to have killed Magneto by destroying Asteroid M in X-Men #3
Trevor Fitzroy - future criminal who wiped out loads of bods, including the Reavers and the Hellions, and nearly Em Frost
Shinobi Shaw - killed his dad
Someone else I can't remember

The thing ran intermittently from around Uncanny #281, in Uncanny, X-Men and X-Men Ultd, and was I think eventually forgotten about. Yay!

After just about everybody ever killed by them ending up alive I huess they just thought it was ultra pointless keeping it up. Plus if sabastian Shaw, Magneto etc found out you and your friends had almost ssuccessful in offing you would you hang about?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

The exact comic could be Uncanny #299 or #300... it it all shiny? And does it have Nightcrawler in it? It sounds a lot like #300, I;m out at the mo in uni but I'll check when I get back... It sounds like Cortez, who won lots fo points for killing Magneto, and just before the whole Fatal Attractions thing had them retracted as he hadn't suceeded [Trev had the same for Em at least]... IIRC, Fabe didn't kill Bishop, but gave him something of a walloping.
Hound

Post by Hound »

It's #300 Compy's asking about. Beautifully drawn by Romita Jr. with a fantastic opening splash of Nightcrawler. Good stuff IMO.
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Computron

Post by Computron »

yeah thats the one. with Nightcrawler at the beginning (actually I believe its a reprint as the comic is "Essential X Men #1"
I support a ban on powerposting