Denyer

Transformers \ Avengers art + blurb

Post by Denyer »

Thanks to Beachcomber.

http://uk.comics.ign.com/articles/777/777126p1.html

Is nice. I like.
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

I have been a rabid fan of IDW's Transformers stuff. (not counting the BW comics I have bought everything)

This, however, gets a big "MEH" from me. I don't need superhero action with my transforming robots. The transforming robots are good enough for me.

Let me remind you all I am not a comic book fan, so maybe this really isn't aimed at me. I only buy Transformers comics because I like transformers.

So like i said, Meh... I'll save my comic book dollars for Devastation.
Come on and wind me up.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Surely classic New Avengers roster is something of an oxymoron? Sadly, the choice of the current line-up of big-name movie-in-development types probably means this will be more of a ****stain than if they'd gone with the older, interesting line-up, as no-one can get made to look pointless if Sony have an option on their picture. There's also absolutely no sign this will be thought through any more than any other worthless, go-nowhere crossover (OMG?!?! WHO WILL SIDE WIF DA DECEPTERCONS? D00M? KANG? LOL!!! Because obviously if the Autobots and Avengers help each other out, Megatron will just be forced to recruit The Melter and Moses Magnum - it's going to be like the GI Joe crossovers, but with extra money for publishers). Which came first, the cover variants or the story?

It's a fantastic sign than the artist and writer not only have work I've never heard of as their reference, but also that they come in the paragraph below super-star cover artists like Tom "Chunky Fingers" Raney. I'm elated by this press release, as any miniscule chance I might have accidentally bought this car-crash of a comic has been obliterated. I can buy something better instead, like guns for the Stacks I have and hate, or just extra cigarettes to shorten my life so there's less time for me to accidentally buy copies of Transformers/Fake Avengers.

Once again I find myself asking why this story needs to happen. And coming up with nothing but a big wodge of cash for Marvel and IDW. Which is kinda fair enough, as long as they don't try to pretend it's going to be a really good comic.

Bets on which TF gets taken down by Cap's shield?
Civ

Post by Civ »

I'll buy this, if nothing else than to see what the story is like since it has both the Transformers and the Avengers (more for Captain America). I just hope it doesn't end up being something like this...

http://www.deviantart.com/deviation/459 ... n%3Ascraps

Click on the pic to enlarge it so it's readable.
snavej

Post by snavej »

I don't know that much about the superhero world of Marvel but it might be interesting to see some interaction between the Transformers and Marvel's Sentinel robots.
Hawkeye
Protoform

Post by Hawkeye »

It would at least be cool art wise if Jim cheung was doing interiors. I loved his young avengers.

Why didnt they have the movie tfs instead of g1? I mean its the new avengers why not new tfs?
Image . "Hawkeye's the best! Hawkeye's got the cutest eyes! Hawkeye's got some kinda butt! I swear, Ralph, ever since that blowhard joined up, all I hear is Hawkeye, Hawkeye, Hawk...."- Green Arrow, JLA/Avengers #3.
*sig (once again) generously made by Denyer*
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Hawkeye
Why didnt they have the movie tfs instead of g1? I mean its the new avengers why not new tfs?

*does rubbing-first-two-fingers-against-thumb hand gesture*
Viewfind

Post by Viewfind »

OPTIMUS PRIME!!!! CAPTIAN AMERICA!!!!
"DUAL LEADERS OF JUSTICE, HEROIC SPEACH ATTACK COMBO NOW!"
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Originally posted by Viewfind
OPTIMUS PRIME!!!! CAPTIAN AMERICA!!!!
"DUAL LEADERS OF JUSTICE, HEROIC SPEACH ATTACK COMBO NOW!"
OMG! It's going to be hyperbole all the way, both heroes and villains. Gonna be the talkshow of the decade; stuff the fighting.

And yes, which naughty TF will go down to that shield? (Open a book, Cliffy: I'm on for Megs! But meh! who won't be?)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

So it's officially in continuity for both franchises? Have IDW really thought about the very sensible reasons Marvel quickly removed the original comic from their universe (ie: The "New Avengers" would just be spending all their time fighting the evil giant robots wouldn't they?).

Still, at least that makes Verity in Infiltration look a tit. "Look Mr. Silly Onion Name Man, I don't believe in aliens at all despite the great number of them in the Marvel Universe of which we are now a part..."
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

You mean Verity didn't look stupid before the brainfart to (possibly; to be fair it's just mentioned it will use their G1 characters, not necessarily their continuity) set this rubbish in the same universe? Still, have trust in Stuart Moore, he wrote Wolverine #41 so he's got be be pretty good, they don't let just anyone write an X-book, they have to be a quality writer like Chuck Austen, Ben Raaaaaaaaaaaaaaab or that second Chris Claremont.

The Book

6-4 Megatron (in unison with Optimus Prime punching Megatron in the face; probably in front of an American flag, and avaliable in poster form and on 48 of the 62 variants of the final issue)
3-1 Starscream
5-1 Megatron
6-1 Soundwave
8-1 A cassette
10-1 Thundercracker, Skywarp
12-1 Someone the sort of idiots this is pitched at won't recognise, who they can kill without any backlash (see Trailbreaker, Hound, DD GI Joe/TF Vol. 1)
15-1 An Autobot, in the obligatory scenes where the good guys don't trust each other that make up the first half of all crossovers so they can pad a 22-page story out to six issues.
inflatable dalek

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
You mean Verity didn't look stupid before the brainfart to (possibly; to be fair it's just mentioned it will use their G1 characters, not necessarily their continuity) set this rubbish in the same universe?

Well, they really shouldn't be puting out press releases talking about it being in continuity and even telling you which arcs it happens between, the twonks.

Oddly enough the pose Captain America is in on the cover is one I often make when drunkenly dancing on a Saturday night.
Megatimus
Protoform

Post by Megatimus »

Guys, its just a story. So in this cross-bred universe Verity won't be too concerned by jets attacking. Anyway, I love Marvel and Transformers, and it is cute how the latter is coming home. This should tie in with Escalation as to why Starscream would be well and truly dead.
inflatable dalek

Originally posted by Megatimus
Guys, its just a story.

yes, a crap and pointless one by the looks of it.
Megatimus
Protoform

Post by Megatimus »

Well I hope it's entertaining.
starscreamjericho
Protoform

Post by starscreamjericho »

Don't tell you guys can't see whats going to happen. Dr.Doom is going to find offline transformers, and in his dream of ruling the world he programs them as his army. Then whats next some of them snap out of it and say wait what are we doing. By then the avengers are all over them. Megs desides to work with doom (who by the way thinks he's in charge) only to stab him in the back at the right moment. It's your classic good vs evil stab eachother in the back book that you're all are going read no matter how much you don't want too.
Megatimus
Protoform

Post by Megatimus »

But the story is designed to not contradict Escalation, so... Really, instead of the Middle Eastern and Soviet nations, this crossover could be about the Decepticons playing fascimile with Doom.
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Ah, it's being produced to milk the franchise and make malooka. We all know that.

I'm with starscreamjerico.

(And I don't believe that Starscream was wiped out in 'Escalation', as there is something about Ore 13 that doesn't quite add up and he's the 'bot to have tried it out first, it would seem.)
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by starscreamjericho
It's your classic good vs evil stab eachother in the back book that you're all are going read no matter how much you don't want too.

Tenner says I don't. The "New Comics" subforum means I don't even have to stumble across the threads for it.
inflatable dalek

Of course, that's exactly the same plot used for each companies first GI Joe crossover as well...