Suckadelic!!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Ackula

Suckadelic!!

Post by Ackula »

Has anyone here ever heard of Suckadelic? This is an interesting little one man company that has been pumping out hand made figures for a few years now in very small quantities. Not to mention original videos of his custom created characters at the Original Villians website. This guy also has done a few albums, remixing and redoing everything from Star Wars to all sorts of 80's cartoons...even Transformers.

I had just recently heard of this company from a tiny Toyfare article in the last Animated Transformers cover issue and decided to check out their offerings online today out of boredom. I have to say the whole thing is pretty interesting to me. There are a few of their "bootleg" figures I wouldn't mind having. Especially this one, which for some reason just seems neato to me...

Also possibly of interest to people here, check out this video of a Transformers mix...

As well as a compilation of tracks from the Supervillians album featuring all sorts of 80's cartoons we grew up with...

slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

Never heard of them...

Interesting parody of collector culture, although the camp stereotyping and sexual undertones are a bit irksome. I really like the blingbling boba fett DJ though, and the packaging is ace groovy.
She can, for a time, appear as the fulfillment of all your fantasies, promising the unattainable. You will give all to possess her. [..] Her power over you is so complete you will willfully destroy yourself, spending all as you vainly cling to that which does not exist...
:up:
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

slartibartfast wrote:Never heard of them...

Interesting parody of collector culture, although the camp stereotyping and sexual undertones are a bit irksome. I really like the blingbling boba fett DJ though, and the packaging is ace groovy.
:up:
I kinda felt that way at first, and then I started reading a bit more about the guy in interviews and such on the web, and he seems to be a legitimate fan himself. I just think that they look neat basically. I'm not a huge Star Wars fan, other than loving the original Trilogy, but I like what they have done with some of the figures. I think the non-Star Wars figures are the best actually.

I kinda doubt I'll ever fork out $30+ for a home made figure, but stranger things have happened. On a side note I saw the Sucklord (vinyl Boba Fett with the turntable ect) figure at a retail store in Orange County for less than the retail price on their website last week when I was down at the beach. Its a specialty store that has oddball weird toys in an otherwise upscale mall that is populated by people who make more money than I ever will. I bought my Revoltech Convoy there some time back. Now I'm rambling....
slartibartfast

Post by slartibartfast »

I was just thinking that my original post was a bit corrosive. TBH, what irks me is that camp starwars is a bit of an easy target, with no real message behind it, more than any politically correct stance on casual homophobia that subjects like these seem to demand... 'old hat' is the term I think I was looking for :)

Anyway, it's the self-derisive side that I find particularly good. I'm not surprised the guy is a genuine fan, as there's an air of 'takes one to know one' in his work, to the extent of inventing figures when there aren't any left to buy ;)
populated
Read that as "polluted" first time round.

Posting whilst reading fred nietzsche = cynical bastard.
Ackula

Post by Ackula »

slartibartfast wrote: Read that as "polluted" first time round.
In this case the two are almost interchangeable to be perfectly honest. But then again I'd love to be a well off suit and tie in OC as well.