Takara Robot Masters site update

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Takara Robot Masters site update

Post by Nevermore »

The RM site has been updated with the latest comic as well as a character chart that explains how the various characters relate to each other.

Also note the obscured head in the lower right which says "Megatron".
G1 Megatron? G2 Megatron? A remold of Hero Megatron?
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Don't suppose anyone could translate it for us one language only people ? :D
scottimus

Post by scottimus »

Cool.
Whirl's Rear Rotor

Post by Whirl's Rear Rotor »

That silhouette looks like G1 Megatron to me. And since Robotmasters is a Japan-only line, they wouldn't have nearly as much trouble with the law if they tried to make him.
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

Originally posted by Whirl's Rear Rotor
That silhouette looks like G1 Megatron to me. And since Robotmasters is a Japan-only line, they wouldn't have nearly as much trouble with the law if they tried to make him.

and it also looks like buckethead's G2 & Hero incarnations... Whilst a remolded uber-articulated G1 megs would be nice.. I'd also be more than happy with them doing a remold of G2/Hero megs with more articulation & stuff, as I'd have no probs buying him to put next to my G2 megs :D
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by deej
and it also looks like buckethead's G2 & Hero incarnations...
Woohoo!
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

I hope it'll be the first G2 version of Megatron (the green tank) as I never was able to buy him.

In the UK G2 combat hero Megs was called Arcforce and combat hero Prime was called Sureshot. Were they called this anywhere else ?
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Rookwise
In the UK G2 combat hero Megs was called Arcforce and combat hero Prime was called Sureshot. Were they called this anywhere else ?

Not as far as I know, but G2 Go-Bot Optimus Prime was called "Optimus Prime" in Japan, not "Convoy". :D
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

We only got the first 6 G2 go-bots in the UK (blowout,firecracker,high beam,motormouth,gearhead and the Indy car-can't remember the name)
Roadstripe
Protoform

Post by Roadstripe »

Quoth Rookwise:
We only got the first 6 G2 go-bots in the UK (blowout,firecracker,high beam,motormouth,gearhead and the Indy car-can't remember the name)

Double Clutch.

I hope it'll be the first G2 version of Megatron (the green tank) as I never was able to buy him.

Unlikely. That version of Megatron was along the lines of a present day Super, perhaps the biggest Megatron produced so far. The Mega-sized hero Megatron would be far more likely. It's almost basically the big guy shrunk down (but without the electronics or flip-out feet).
While hero Megatron's bellows mechanism is far better than hero Prime's, the thing that really annoys me about the hero Megatron is that there are no tabs that secure the lower torso into the bottom of the front/chest like there is with the big G2 Megatron.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

They should do something along the lines of Bodycount's Megatron kitbash. :D
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

@Roadstripe. Was'nt G2 Dreadwing the same size ? He's been shrank and released in RM. BW Megs and Primal were also the same size as G2 Megs from what I remember and they have been released in RM as well. Star Saber & Victory Leo were bigger than G2 Megs and they are being released. I think they could do it. The first G2 version of Megs is the better one imo.
Roadstripe
Protoform

Post by Roadstripe »

Quoth Rookwise:
@Roadstripe. Was'nt G2 Dreadwing the same size ? He's been shrank and released in RM.

While I'll admit that I haven't got the actual figures in hand :( , I was under the impression that RM Gigant Bomb and Smokesniper were the same size as the G2 Dreadwing and Smokescreen molds only packaged seperately as robots instead of together as jets. Smokesniper is already a Deluxe-sized figure and, while it's an Ultra, Gigant Bomb in robot mode can stuff itself into a Mega-sized box.

BW Megs and Primal were also the same size as G2 Megs from what I remember and they have been released in RM as well. Star Saber & Victory Leo were bigger than G2 Megs and they are being released. I think they could do it.

The Robotmasters versions of BW Megatron and Optimus Primal, as well as G1 Optimus Prime and Starscream are all new molds the size of Deluxes. The upcoming Star Saber, Victory Leo, and Leo Convoy are apparently going to be similar.
Makes it easier on the pocketbook. Marginally. :p

The first G2 version of Megs is the better one imo.

I think so, too. I've got both the G2 version and the BW2 Megastorm. :D
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

I used to have the G2 version of Dreadwing and Smokejumper and I have all the current line up of Robotmasters except for Beasy Convoy and G1 Convoy with dvd. RM Gigant bomb is about the same height as Energon Hot Shot whereas the other RM figs are the size of a small beast wars figure eg ratrap.
Roadstripe
Protoform

Post by Roadstripe »

In robot mode, is Gigant Bomb a little taller than Hot Shot? Is Smokesniper just a bit taller than the BW Basics and about as much shorter than Hot Shot as Gigant Bomb is taller?

I'm not arguing, I'm just curious. Like I said, I don't have the Robotmasters versions to compare with my RiD Dreadwind and Smokejumper, so I honestly can't argue with you. :) I'm farther behind on collecting Transformers than I'd like to be. :(
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

I never owend any BW figures except Op Primal which I sold last year.
RM Smoke Sniper's (Somkescreen) head comes level with the chin of Armada Hot Shot.
RM Gigant Bomb (Dreadwing) comes level to the middle of the chest of Armada Red Alert.

Hope these are better comparisons for you :D

I will try to take some pics of them side by side with other figures for comparison at the weekend and post them here. Come to think of it. They were pictured alongside my Alternator Ravage figure. Nevermore may have the pic on his site still.
Roadstripe
Protoform

Post by Roadstripe »

Quoth Rookwise:
RM Smoke Sniper's (Somkescreen) head comes level with the chin of Armada Hot Shot.
RM Gigant Bomb (Dreadwing) comes level to the middle of the chest of Armada Red Alert.

Hope these are better comparisons for you :D

They are. Thank you.

That's also how Smokejumper and Dreadwind compare with HotShot and Red Alert, so, if it's all right with you, I'll stick to my guns in believing that the old molds weren't changed for these guys. ;)

In case, you're interested, the big G2 Megatron wasn't quite as tall as I thought it was, but it's still quite large. Put Smokesniper on Gigant Bomb's shoulders and that's how high Megs is from bottom of feet to top of cannon.