Leader Class Nightwatch Optimus Prime

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

Leader Class Nightwatch Optimus Prime

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Neat, but it does give the impression of yet another Prime into Ultra Magnus repaint, even if that's not what it is.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

interesting choice of colors. looks a whole lot better than the other version IMO. and it seems easier for kitbashers and the like to mod this mold even further without worrying about too many parts to either primer or repaint.
numbat

Post by numbat »

Like I said when photos of this chap first surfaced, the paintjob is nice, and I do appreciate the UM homage. However, another Leader Class figure is way too much for me - especially a straight repaint of Prime. Being in the UK, I've not been able to see the film yet (and with a release this Sat, I may not be able to see it for two weeks depending on how the weather shapes my work up North Scotland), but does this figure have any major connection to it? Is it scene specific, or just a repaint of a massive toy?

Personally, I'll be sticking with Leader Prime & Megs (kindly brought back from US by my bro - could never afford both at UK prices, or even online orders). But, I guess this figure will sit alongside Leader Brawl? Too many Leaders for me... (A Leader Screamer may have appealed...)

New sale thread added with a range of Transformers including Masterpiece, Botcon, CHUG, RID, Movies etc.

Looking for MP-11T Thundercracker and MP-9 Rodimus v2 (Takara version with as few QC issues as possible).

Check out my new sale thread now!

Also items on eBay.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Nope. Doesn't have anything to do with the movie. I was actually going to get him, and call him UM, since I have the movie colored Prime, but after seeing the movie, I want leader Megs, so I'm going to use the money and space for him to buy Megs, instead.

He is pretty awesome, though, and I'd recommend it for anyone, who's skipping the movie colored version, as the mold is just that good. One of the best primes to come out. :up:
SenahBirdR
Protoform

Post by SenahBirdR »

I do like this paint better than the standard. Not sure if I will have the budget to pick up an import exclusive leader class figure though. Spendy spendy. Maybe if I see it an anime convention later sometime.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

mebbe when the movie comes out on dvd, maybe prime changes color in the night scenes? just a stupid guess, but i have to agree with everyone still on these colors. too bad he wasn't made into those colors for the movie originally. is it me, or do those colors bring out the details of the mold more?
mongoosehuman
Protoform

Post by mongoosehuman »

I think it looks more like a Nemesis Prime than an Ultra Magnus.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Oh, the disappointment! There was I thinking Vimes had a new recruit, then I see it is, in fact, a repaint of Leader Prime. Should I come by the cash, I'd be tempted to get the original, not this.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Rookwise
Protoform

Post by Rookwise »

Ah well. Not going to get any repaints unless its a name change or a retooling of the figure.
At one time I would have snapped the repaints up as well but not anymore :(
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

In general, if a repaint is a visual improvement and/or a new character that I have use for (or can be used as a new character), then I usually have an interest in it. I used to just buy them up, indescriminately, but after paying rent for a while, I'm a bit more money-conscious, even though I'm back with the parents.

I'm picking up Thundercracker and Recon Barricade (Whom I'm renaming Streetwise, with partner, Groove. They're undercover, see?). Might grab Ratchet to use as First Aid.

Maybe if he's on clearance, or still on shelves around Christmas, but for as awesome as he looks, I've got Leader Prime, and I'd rather buy leader Megs. If this happens, I think there's room for Ultra Magnus . . .
SenahBirdR
Protoform

Post by SenahBirdR »

Maybe I misunderstood. Is this a Japanese only repaint or is this coming Stateside? If this is coming Stateside I'm more than likely to pick it up since I wasn't really planning on picking up a Leader OP or much of any of the movie toys beyond the Ultimate Bumblebee.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by SenahBirdR
Maybe I misunderstood. Is this a Japanese only repaint or is this coming Stateside?

The packaging seen in these photos is entirely in English.
secretcode

Post by secretcode »

MAGNUS!