New Classics two-packs

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

New Classics two-packs

Post by Nevermore »

http://www.toysdaily.com/discuz/viewthr ... a=page%3D2

Optimus Prime and Ultra Magnus.

Jetfire and Grimlock.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Probably store exclusives.. but it's strange that they INCLUDE an exclusive... and they're all four Autobots.
Transfannabeel
Protoform

Post by Transfannabeel »

Cool, I'll have to keep an eye out for this. I never got any of the classics.
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

Those look nice. And since I haven't gotten any of them I might consider picking it up. When do you think it will ship to the US?

I hear good things about Grimlock but I'm not so sure of Jetfire since I hear the leg articulation is bad. And isn't Magnus just a repaint of Prime? I mean, it might be worth considering if Magnus had an accesory with some sort of attachable armor...hmmm...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Jet's is a solid mold, in spite of articulation issues.

The Prime/Magnus mold is pretty good, but two in the same box is just overkill. Maybe Prime and another figure?

Do a Bumblebee with Mirage! That could totally be sold as the "Autobot recon team!"
Procrasticon
Protoform

Post by Procrasticon »

I'm going to have to get these. The only one I have in these sets is Prime, and I can surely use an extra prime mold. (Can we say Nemesis Repaint?)
Hey! Where's my "Easy Button?!"
SenahBirdR
Protoform

Post by SenahBirdR »

So is this going to be a deluxe version of the Jetfire mold?

I actually have all of these figures now so I wouldn't be picking this up. Too bad these don't include the ones I don't have. Oh well.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by SenahBirdR
So is this going to be a deluxe version of the Jetfire mold?

You think they'll downsize an existing sculpt for a mere repackage?
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
SenahBirdR
Protoform

Post by SenahBirdR »

Just wasn't looking closely enough at the picture. At first it seemed like Grimlock and Jetfire were the same size but looking closer it seems like Grimlock is just higher in the packing. Took a look at my figures I already have and the size difference is not all that great.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

It'll be interesting to see if there's a difference in price in the two sets. On the one hand, you have a deluxe and a voyager, but on the other hand, you have two voyagers for the exact same price.

A pretty cool exclusive would be three Spy Shots in the colors of Spectro Viewfinder and Spyglass, or a single, in the colors of the cartoon Reflector (I'd get three, just to bolster my decepticon defenses, so the first option is more desirable).
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, I can imagine people giving Hasbro a real easy time if they issue a pack of three recolours of the exact same figure...

Moderately tempted by Jets/Grim... but then I'm happy enough with original Jetfire and the unofficial Robot Masters version, and Grimlock is the sort of thing I'd only get if he came cheap with something else I'm buying. Decision's likely to be taken out of my hands, though - dobut this'll get as far as Albion...
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Well, I hope you manage to eventually snag a grimmers for an agreeable price. I think he's fair to decent, and definitely my favorite version. I really need to get my buttocks in gear, and actually get moved into my room. He's still packed away in my folks' garage.
Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Yeh, I can imagine people giving Hasbro a real easy time if they issue a pack of three recolours of the exact same figure...

Yeah. A fella can dream, though. They're more likely to do him in the cartoon Reflector's colors, as a single pack.

Looking at legends Trypticon, I wonder how the larger Cybertron Scourge would look in Trypticon colors. He'd be a cool exclusive, too.

Speaking of legends, have you seen Fireflight? He's pretty nifty. Definitely makes a really cool minibot. At the moment, it ranks up there with Cybertron Starscream and red Hot Shot (nope. Not Excellion. Package calls him Hot Shot), in terms of quite nifty minibots. I need to grab a few of the movie legends.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Oh! I got it!

Spy Shot as Viewfinder, Zoom Out as Spyglass and Speed Dial (A stretch, but he's a camera phone) as Spectro.

They could probably alsso do a single Spy Shot as "Reflector," alongside that one. Maybe the three-pack could be an exclusive.
Clay

Post by Clay »

They're up for preorder at BBTS now.

Apparently, they're Asian market exclusives.

Jetfire/Grimlock
Prime/Magnus
Ostentatious

Post by Ostentatious »

Aw....
Pudding Cups! Can't believe I'll have to spend at least a hundred bucks to get these figures on my doorstep.

Me Want Grimlock!
~
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

He's a decent figure, but I'd wait until movie fever has died down a bit, then check ebay. He's a great figure, but I wouldn't pay much more for him, than the price point of the deluxe class, seeing as he was just released at the beginning of this year.
Clay

Post by Clay »

Originally posted by RID Scourge
He's a decent figure,

Originally posted by RID Scourge
He's a great figure,

Er, which is it?

And no, importing an Asian market exclusive two pack is not the cheapest way to get Grimlock.