statues of the decepticons leaders

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
skylinks
Protoform

statues of the decepticons leaders

Post by skylinks »

on transformers the movie,it show starscream beig crowned the new leader of the decepticons. but if megatron is dead why was there not a statue of him in place with rest of the leaders?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Let's face it, he didn't get on with Starscream very well, did he? That and it was very recent—I presume they take a while to make.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Honestly, I think Starscream would place precedence on having his statue constructed first, and Megatron's later if at all. Though it is a wonder that Megatron didn't have one of himself built during his tenure. But then, if it's a posthumous thing...

Interesting question, by the way, but wrong forum.

**Topic Moved to G1**
Flec's selling a lot of RID, Armada, and Energon, and a few G1 toys. 'S all I'm sayin'.
The TFArchive RPG - "the most popular part of the site[!]" - Skywarp. Darn tootin'.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

It might have been built and just not shown. It could have been on another part and since Starscream only cares about himself he wouldn't have put it up even if his "fellow Decepticons" demanded it.
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

I have a question: how come there were other leaders of Decepticons, if Megatron was the first one (he was the first one in the cartoon, wasn't he)?
Piranacon
Protoform

Post by Piranacon »

From the time they threw Megatron into space and Galvatron roasting Starscream to bits was probably a very small amount of time. They didn't even seem like they were having anything official going on when Galvatron showed up.
________
[url=http://www.****tube.com/categories/186/gorgeous/videos/1]Babe gorgeous[/url]
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by Ozz
I have a question: how come there were other leaders of Decepticons, if Megatron was the first one (he was the first one in the cartoon, wasn't he)?

No, he wasn't the first. But he was built to be the greatest leader of all tim by the Constructions. All those other statues probably represented Decpticon leaders from the war with the Quintessons and the pre-Megatron days. Autobot leaders were shown dropping like flies until Orion turned in Optimus. Chances are the same thing happened ont he Decepticon side.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Hmm, let's see. Starscream gets rid of Megatron, Decepticons head off to Cybertron and Starscream gets coronated.

Sure. Enough time to built a statue of Megatron...

I could also ask why there wasn't a statue of Prime yet when Galvatron attacks Autobot City again...
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
jepc71
Protoform

Post by jepc71 »

Now would Galvatron need to make a statue of himself, since technically he is Megatron? Now this wouldn't hold true in the comic stand point correct? Sine they were two different people I thought I hear once.
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

Originally posted by jepc71
Now this wouldn't hold true in the comic stand point correct? Sine they were two different people I thought I hear once.
Galvatron is Megatron reformatted by Unicron in the comics. Which is the same as in the cartoon.
jepc71
Protoform

Post by jepc71 »

Just was making sure...I was kind of right though, at one time in a certain continuity they were seperate people...but then I read DrSpengler essay and that made more sense of it:
http://tfarchive.com/creative/showentry.php?s=179
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by jepc71
Just was making sure...I was kind of right though, at one time in a certain continuity they were seperate people...but then I read DrSpengler essay and that made more sense of it:
http://tfarchive.com/creative/showentry.php?s=179

Yeah, but that was only in the Japanese manga. And only a for a few issues at that before they got their crap together. Unless you count Scramble City Toys...which you shouldn't.
jepc71
Protoform

Post by jepc71 »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
Yeah, but that was only in the Japanese manga. And only a for a few issues at that before they got their crap together. Unless you count Scramble City Toys...which you shouldn't.

I know...I was just trying to make myself fell better by proving I was right :(

:p
Gigatron
Protoform

Post by Gigatron »

Uhh....why WOULD starcream have a statue? He basically was never the leader of the decepticons. They argued on the ship for awhile and somehow came to let him masquerade around in the crown....but that dosnt mean that they agreed, and that sure as hell dosnt mean anything for the Decepticons back on cybertron. Five minutes elapsed during the movie that he had the crown on...so he probably only had it on for like a few hours. Even if you look at it like a long space journey back to cybertron it dosnt make sence for him to call home and have a statue ready for him.As for the other statues they were probably made in a time of Decipticon stability....a statue wouldnt be made while the planet is in a state of civil war.
jepc71
Protoform

Post by jepc71 »

Originally posted by Gigatron
a statue wouldnt be made while the planet is in a state of civil war.

With the Decipticons it would make total sense if they made statues during a civil war.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

There was a Statue of Starscream in the Decepticon tomb, right above his grave. And they took the time to build that between his death and the Unicron attack.
Gigatron
Protoform

Post by Gigatron »

Yeah but thats just honoring the dead. He was Aerospace commander and a Decepticon hero. I guess it would have made sence for him to be cocky enough to have one made but it just dosnt seem like enough time, or reason for it to happen.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

There were lots of statues built in the tomb in the span of half a day to honor the fallen Decepticons. If I'm not mistakem the Seekers also had statues in the tomb. Even though they techinically never died, Scourge and the Armada didn't remember their previous lives. So they were as good as dead.

BUt we have to keep in mind these are super high-tech robots that can build "solar needles" and techno crap like that in the span of a few minutes. Concrete statues shouldn't present too much of a challenge.
onearmedrich
Protoform

Post by onearmedrich »

Who was the leader beore Megatron, as there were leaders before Optimus Prime who came before Megatron, or was he the first, as in the episode were the Arielbots go back in time, and Prime says to Megatron something about being old scrap etc?
Interesting, no sorry wait a minute no, very boring!
Nixons baaaaack!

The script original called for me to say yes, but I gave it a subtle twist.
Coilette:A Calculon story.
Gay Bowel Disease, do you really want that Clay? Ever?
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Originally posted by onearmedrich
Who was the leader beore Megatron, as there were leaders before Optimus Prime who came before Megatron, or was he the first, as in the episode were the Arielbots go back in time, and Prime says to Megatron something about being old scrap etc?

There were leaders but none were ever given a name. Like I said before, they died a lot and changed frequently, just like the leaders of the Autobots.