Transformers live-action movie coming Summer 2006!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

New Transformers movie at IMDB!

Post by Nevermore »

http://imdb.com/title/tt0418279/

Scheduled release date is 2006.

No new infos aside from that, unfortunately.
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Gesani
Protoform

Post by Gesani »

:up:
Since this project is categorized as being in production, the data is subject to change or could be removed completely.

:down:

either way atleast we know something is being done..
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

http://www.donmurphy.net/

Click the pic of 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime... YES!
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Elita-One
Protoform

Post by Elita-One »

we'll have to see what happens :D
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Cool!
Elita-One
Protoform

Post by Elita-One »

Originally posted by Gesani
:up:

:down:

either way atleast we know something is being done..

Just keep your fingers crossed :)
The Wild One

Post by The Wild One »

Originally posted by Nevermore
http://www.donmurphy.net/

Click the pic of 20th Anniversary Optimus Prime... YES!

It only says "Major anouncement coming soon." Dang teasers!:wall:

But at least that means they are doing something1:) :afro: :D :swirly: :headbang: :D :eek:
It's time to get wild!!!!!
The Wild One
Blacknife
Protoform

Post by Blacknife »

And the Don board is put out of commission again because of bandwidth created by a simple announcement of upcoming news.
DrEvil

Post by DrEvil »

This news should prove informative. I only wish it was right now than later
Gesani
Protoform

Post by Gesani »

ok... i snagged this off of another section of the site...
'Transformers' rolling out in live-action pic
By Chris Gardner

"The Transformers" -- the ever-morphing Hasbro toy line introduced in the mid-1980s that has gone on to spawn comic books, multiple television series and an animated feature -- are being prepped to change shape again, this time into stars of the big screen.

Angry Films topper Don Murphy (whose next film is "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen") and writer-producer Tom DeSanto ("X-Men" and "X2: X-Men United") have teamed to produce a feature-length, live-action movie based on the popular brand.

The duo are expected to shop the project to studios shortly, and DeSanto said they have already received interest from a handful of directors hoping to get involved in the project. DeSanto is currently working on a story treatment for the project before he and Murphy hire a screenwriter to adapt it for the big screen.

"Transformers enjoys an amazing fan base worldwide, and we believe that we can create an incredibly fast-paced, exciting movie that will be appealing to anyone who loves action films," Murphy said in a statement.

Added DeSanto: "Transformers is one of the properties I have been infatuated with for a long time. Like 'X-Men,' Transformers offers an amazing mythology with all the elements to create a successful ongoing franchise, iconic characters, global themes and a world that has never been seen before onscreen."

The Transformers brand centers on a group of robots that are able to change into a variety of objects, such as cars, trucks, planes, ships and other technological creations. The feature film will tell the story of an intergalactic war between two races of robots: the heroic Autobots and the evil Decepticons. When their fight comes to Earth, the future of humanity inevitably hangs in the balance.

"We loved the creative take that Tom and Don presented to us," said Jane Ritson-Parsons, president of the Hasbro Properties Group. "And for Hasbro, the center of our corporate strategy is extending our core brands in a variety of entertainment forms, so it's a win-win situation for us. This is a franchise where the next story arc and the next destination is on the big screen. It really takes us to the next level."

The Transformers was introduced in the United States by Hasbro in 1984 as a boy-friendly toy line. But even though the brand has been around awhile, it enjoys continued success, with sales up 64% in 2002 over 2001, according to Hasbro. Currently, they can be seen seven times a week via the series "Transformers Armada" on the Cartoon Network. According to Hasbro, additional television programs and comic books are on the schedule for 2004.

The only time Transformers came to the big screen was in 1986 with the animated feature "The Transformers: The Movie."
ItsMeTrev
Protoform

Post by ItsMeTrev »

OOHHH YEEAAHHH!!
I was wondering when new info would come about.
I bet this movie gets made and out before the new Superman movie does. :headbang:
This made my day
Tracks828
Protoform

Post by Tracks828 »

so by live action...how do you think thatll happen?
-Kreemzeek75's Bizatch
Elita-One
Protoform

Post by Elita-One »

Originally posted by Tracks828
so by live action...how do you think thatll happen?

2 words - Blue Screen
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

or a green screen :p
a slong as the special effects are not knocked out by some un known hack on his laptop
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
Tracks828
Protoform

Post by Tracks828 »

hmm thisll be interesting to see
-Kreemzeek75's Bizatch
ItsMeTrev
Protoform

Post by ItsMeTrev »

Since you guys have nothing better to do then figure out when posts will be deleted or moved. Here is something that wasnt on the site that just doesnt say, “HUGE NEWS COMING AT COMICON”.
Take its for what its worth. There is more then just waiting for this convention.
Transformers in Disguise at DreamWorks?

Source: Ain't-It-Cool-News
Monday, July 19, 2004

Ain't-It-Cool-News is pointing to producer Don Murphy's official website about a "Major Announcement" that is supposed to take place at this week's Comic-Con regarding Transformers.

Last time I had checked, New Line and Dreamworks - and last I'd heard... it was pretty vicious, with both companies really really wanting it. So I decided to check back in with some sources that will talk. Word has it that New Line lost out to Dreamworks, which intends to further develop and make a live-action TRANSFORMER's movie. The word behind the scenes is that Hasbro was leaning towards New Line, till Dreamworks' 2 Billion Dollar Gorilla, Steven Spielberg got in a plane and flew out to Rhode Island to personally meet with Hasbro's team and to dangle the, if we have this, I may direct it, golden carrot. After which Hasbro agreed to Dreamworks getting the project.
Reflector

Post by Reflector »

Oop, my bad on the assumption. I haven't been keeping up with the movie news/rumors too well, I admit...
Flec's selling a lot of RID, Armada, and Energon, and a few G1 toys. 'S all I'm sayin'.
The TFArchive RPG - "the most popular part of the site[!]" - Skywarp. Darn tootin'.
ItsMeTrev
Protoform

Post by ItsMeTrev »

Th eone thing that I want most out of this movie is to have Peter Cullen as the voice of Optimus.
Also have it based on the G1 series if possible. Just up to date. I don't think a Datson would fit in too well.
Elita-One
Protoform

Post by Elita-One »

I just hope a live action doesn't suck! I'm kinda worried.
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

I know how you feel Elita.

But, after watching previews for I Robot, I think it could be done very well now. :-)