[Original RPG] The Edge of the Abyss, Part 4-A:..... And Everywhere Else

Look back over the last decade-plus worth of games!
Heinrad

The Edge of the Abyss, Part 4-A:..... And Everywhere Else

Post by Heinrad »

The Story So Far:

Leozak, commander of Breastforce and the battle fortress known as Trypticon, having split off from the main Decepticon army to form the Destrons(as a way to gain energy for the Decepticons, prestige for himself, and furthering his own agenda), and having liberated the military dictatorship that was Carbombiya(and giving the EDC a public relations black eye in the process), sets his sights on the next fuel-rich country to liberate from a cruel and oppressive dictatorship while also entering into into a treaty with the newly formed nation of Quebec.

On the other side of the globe, Tracks, Sky Lynx, and Scoop have been dispatched to stop the (possibly unintentional) rampage of Weirdwolf and Carnivac through downtown L.A. and Hollywood.

While in Denver, Nightbeat, Siren, Hosehead, and Getaway(with Rev) investigate the sudden millitant anti-robot(or at least anti-Autobot) movement.

(OOC: Please put all away from base missions in here, and remember to bold the character locations. Thank you and happy RPGing.)
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Approaching L.A.:

Tracks: -the Eagles' Journey of the Sorcerer reverberating through his sound system, starts to make a slight descent-

Main Briefing Room, Trypticon:

Leozak: -optics revealing nothing as, out of sight of the viewscreen camera feed, Drillhorn mouths the word Hydro-electricity, nods- "I will make a speech within the hour, Commandant."

Bad Part of Town, Denver:

Muzzle: -looking out of Nightbeat's windows, chuckles- "Warren Zevon was right........."
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Denver

Getaway opened a comlink to Nightbeat.

"Do those two always act like this?"

Main Briefing Room, Carbombya

LePorte nodded.

"Thank you, Commander Leozak. Feel free to contact me if you need any assistance."

The screen flashed, then went blank.

Earth Defence Command Annex, The Pentagon

"...and you would have total discretion on any deployment that involves Transformer interaction, even if the commanding officers involved were of higher rank than you."

Marissa frowned. "You say that, but this Samson person doesn't seem to have had much discretion at all. He made one bad decision and got forced into early retirement."

"Samson was an idiot," General Brathwaite told her. "This wasn't the first debacle he caused. This was a long time coming. You're much more competant than he ever was. You'll have a free hand."

Marissa sighed. "OK. I'm willing to give it a shot, anyway. I probably don't have the slightest clue what it's going to entail, but I'll do my best."

Brathwaite nodded, then pulled a thick envelope out of his desk and tossed it to her.

"What's this?"

"Your new Command branch uniform, Colonel Fairborne. I took the liberty of having it tailored while you were enroute."

Marissa shook her head in disgust.

"You can change in the bathroom," the general told her. "I have to present you to High Command in the Hague personally before they can make the appointment official, and I'd like to get it done before we have another disaster on our hands."
optimusskids
Protoform

LA / Hollywood

Post by optimusskids »

Weirdwolf padded quietly after Carnivac.

"they sort of contort it to me looks painful yes but Monzo has never complained, well never on that particular subject . The Squishie seemed nice much nicer than certain Squishies."

Weirdwolf turned realising he had left Monzo behind hobbling after them on crutches.

"Lift the lil knock off into his hatch again please."

_ _ _

A news studio mid broadcast.

More on our breaking news story transformers have invaded LA although it is unclear whether they are Autobot or Decepticon Channel 17 brings you this exclusive interview with Crystal De' Canterre spokesperson fot Mother Earth first.

Crystal: call me Renard , Bob how you say Fox or I am thinking in my case the propre translation would be Vixen . We at MEF like to remind ourselves of our connection with our animal friends.

Bob : You have some interesting theories on recent events ?

Crystal : We at MEF have analysed the 2 sides and have noticed that the Decepticon forces have more animal type individuals as purely mechanical beings this shows an impressive effort to be at one with the natural world. We should support them.

Bob : What about the Autobots?

Crystal: They have pas de animals or very few , I understand they have some members patterned after les dinosaurs. Which shows they gave up trying to be one with Mother Earth millions of years ago

Bob : What about the attack on the studio and the release of all the zoo animals currently roaming our streets ?

Crystal : I have see the footage and one of the robots has some kind of damage to his head I think the destruction was inadvertent . As for the death of the zebra , they are paterned after animals , they are doing what is natural . We tend to forget that the natural world it is Red in Tooth and claw. As for the releasing of animals we salute these robots for freeing there comrades . There is too much i say too much destruction of the habitats just so people can eat the Mcdonalds , we must give up all these things that destroy the wildlife no more cars , no more polluuting factories, back to nature I say.

Bob : Time i think for a few words from our sponsors , after the break Channel 17 brings you Lady Tara LA's leading psychic .

Crystal : the Decepticons are our friends they obviously want to be closer to the animals . We must help them in their aims.

Bob : cut cut cut , somebody call security.

__ __

Scoop disembarked and looked around.

" where should we start looking Sky Lynx do we have a fix on there location."
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

LA/Hollywood

Carnivac grinned evilly, turned, walked back, and picked Monzo up with his mouth. Carnivac returned the Nebulon to Weirdwolf's hatch, made sure the hatch was closed. Then Carnivac continued to go his alternate path back to the shuttle.

" She didn't scream and run like squishies usually do, " Carnivac said, almost agreeing with Weirdwolf.
" It doesn't matter if you win or lose,
it's how much damage you cause to
the other party."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Weirdwolf growled in agreement.

Monzo : oi Wolfy tell Toto to be carefull , he dropped me in here i'm bruised all over.

Weirdwolf grinned wolfishly at Carnivac He damped the audio from his passenger compartment and all that could be heard were muffled thumps.

"remind me talk to medic when we return on how Scorponok survived the death of Zarak think i , is a subjec that needs studying yes."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Airspace over L.A./Hollywood:

Tracks: -wondering why he just saw a rhino going through a car wash, and an elephant standing in line at Mann's Chinese Theater- "Now there's a sight you don't see every day...." -spots a bright yellow metallic flash that is obviously not a car, activates commlink- "Sky Lynx, Scoop, I've spotted them. Home in on my signal." -looks at the traffic- "Drat..... now where will I land........."

Denver:

Nightbeat: -over commlink- "Sadly, yes. But they do make good backup. Usually."
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

" I will, but it seems we're about to get some party crashers" Carnivac said over a commlink to Weirdwolf, after he noticed something that looked like a flying car in the sky " Remember when it all comes down to it, we've all ready got what we came here for."
the other party."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

LA / Hollywood

Weirdwolf looked up.

" you are right i dont think thats a Squishie doing there traffic pattern analysis up there, agree do I have achieved our objective, new objective is to leave safetly , not to fight Autoscum, shall we find cover before it directs its comrades to our location."
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

" The glitch probably already gave them a rough estement of where we are" Carnivac said over the commlink to Weirdwolf " We do kind of stand out here."
the other party."
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

L.A./Hollywood

" Send us the location and we will get there ASAP Tracks " Sky Lynx replied
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

Denver

Getaway groaned.

"You should have brought Joyride and Slapdash along instead," he told Nightbeat. "They're not quite as annoying."

He turned onto a run-down-looking street, warily studying the various shady-looking figures that cast suspicious glances at him as he drove by.

"Maybe not. Slapdash would probably forget to stop these guys from stealing him. And wouldn't that be fun..."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

LA/Hollywood

Weirdwolf speaks:

"still we should think I move to more advantageous terrain , instead of waiting to be hunted down like turbofoxes lets make it difficult for them. look there is the entrance to the squishie underground transportation network over there."

He looks up.

"threat analysis , scanning database target identified Tracks , armament twin missile launchers in vehicle and robot mode, carries a black beam gun normally, weaknesses extreme vanity. main threat missile launchers , gun only works on optics."
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Above L.A./Hollywood:

Tracks: -sends coordiantes, diving down towards Weirdwolf and Carnivac, laser cannons charged- "Don't you two know that this is a 'No Ugliness' zone?" -buzzes the two Decepticons, pulling up into a tight loop-
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

" Right, lets go mash these deceptigoons Scoop " Sky lynx said " They are due west, we cannot mis them "
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Weirdwolf dodged into the relative safety of the subway entrance humans scattering at his approach . He hoped Carnivac had followed his example.

He looked round at the humans gawping at him in wonder and awe , some of them in fear and an idea formed in his head this was Hollywood, it might buy them some time."

Padding over to a raised part of the floor he addressed the squishies , speaking quickly before Tracks could land and chase them.

"greetings humans all the events of the past few hours are a movie part of by a Mr um Bruckner, a stunt for the publicity for the film yes. Me and my colleague here are scouting locations for the movie to see if transformers will fit in tunnels here.

One of us a blue robot will star be . He is also in charge of extras casting and will let you into a secret just between us this robot Tracks vain is , if you rush over shout his name and compliment him and ask for autograph might help get you all part in the movie , is a big movie and needs lots of extras , Mr Bruckner believes in realism and wishes genuine squ.. human underground transportation system users for extras .

My colleague Tracks will be arriving shortly blue robot is or maybe blue car of sports variety. We need to go now Mr Bruckner is very strict on schedules is , but if all talk to Tracks he will help you yes."

Weirdwolf grinned wolfishly not often in this war did one get to use psychological warfare."
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

" Then why are you here!?" Carnivac yelled at Tracks, then shrugged and followed Weirdwolf into the subway.

As weirdwolf began to speak to the squishies, Carnivac shrunk a bit so that he could fit better.
the other party."
optimusskids
Protoform

Post by optimusskids »

Weirdwolf chuckled as the Squishies crowded the entrances .

"so Carnivac which is route best for to shuttle get ?"

_ _ _

Scoop replied

"yes sah after you sah "
Infecticon
Protoform

Post by Infecticon »

Carnivac said over the commlink to Weirdwolf " At best, I can only guess. After all, these tunnels are like a slagging maze with speeding trains running through it. The trains will hurt if they hit us and there are places we won't have enough room to dodge them. Then we have to factor in the fact that the tunnels are always in different states of repair or just don't exist any more. The only thing that is certain, is that the maps do show that we can't use the tunnels to get all the way to the shuttle."

Carnivac let that sink in before adding " My best guess is that we go that away."

Carnivac used his head to point towards the left tunnel.
the other party."
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Hollywood

Sky lynx took off west, taking care not to out-distance Scoop too much