Vote for Favourite Line from TF:TM

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
TFArchive
Custom Title: King Lurker

Vote for Favourite Line from TF:TM

Post by TFArchive »

YOU CAN QUOTE ME ON THAT

SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT POLLS TRANSFORMERS FANS ON THEIR FAVORITE LINE FROM TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE

Voting Open On The Official Web Site For TRANSFORMERS: THE MOVIE 20TH ANNIVERSARY SPECIAL EDITION DVD Which Hits Retail November 7th

New York, New York, August 22, 2006 — The home entertainment group of SONY BMG Music Entertainment once again is reaching out to TRANSFORMERS fans around the world in preparation for the November 7th release of TRANSFORMERS: The Movie 20th Anniversary Special Edition DVD.

Beginning today, fans can log onto http://www.TRANSFORMERSthemovieDVD.com and vote for their favorite quote from TRANSFORMERS: The Movie. Fans will be able to cast their vote all week, choosing among a selection of memorable lines. The winning quote will be revealed Tuesday, August 29th as part of “TRANSFORMERS Tuesday” – and the release of the TRANSFORMERS: The Movie 20th Anniversary Special Edition DVD.

Every Tuesday, new information regarding the 20th Anniversary Special Edition DVD will be posted on http://www.TRANSFORMERSthemovieDVD.com. Fans will be able to keep tabs on all of the happenings with this special DVD, including details about the exclusive footage and interviews and other spectacular materials that will be included on this title.

For the 20th anniversary edition, Sony BMG Home Entertainment completely re-mastered and color-corrected the film and will present Optimus Prime, Megatron and the rest of the star-studded Autobots and Decepticons in true splendor through three distinct versions: 16x9 Widescreen presentation, the Autobot Matrix of Knowledge presentation featuring trivia and fun facts about the movie itself; and a full-screen edition.

To further commemorate the 20th anniversary of the film, SONY BMG is providing fans with some extra-celebratory content that lets them track back to the true origins of the TRANSFORMERS, including original commercials for the toy line and movie.

Sony BMG Home Entertainment is expanding the DVD’s collectibility to the packaging itself. The company has commissioned fan-favorite artist Don Figueroa to create the imagery for a special “transforming” cover.

TRANSFORMERS: The Movie features the voice of Orson Welles in his final role, as well as stars Eric Idle, Judd Nelson, Leonard Nimoy, Casey Kasem, Robert Stack, John Moschitta, Peter Cullen, and Frank Welker. The DVD also features a winning soundtrack featuring the iconic theme "The TRANSFORMERS" performed by Lion, and the popular "The Touch," performed by Stan Bush. The movie, set in 2005, chronicles the efforts of the heroic Autobots to defend their home of Cybertron from the evil Decepticons and Unicron, a huge robotic creature that devours planets.

For more information on TRANSFORMERS: The Movie 20th Anniversary Special Edition DVD log onto http://www.TRANSFORMERSthemovieDVD.com

About SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT

SONY BMG MUSIC ENTERTAINMENT is a global recorded music joint venture with a roster of current artists that includes a broad array of both local artists and international superstars, as well as a vast catalog that comprises some of the most important recordings in history. SONY BMG is 50% owned by Bertelsmann A.G. and 50% owned by Sony Corporation of America.
--
Brendan Reilly
The Transformers Archive
http://tfarchive.com/
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

"I gotta better things to do tonight than die."

*pointed look at Arcee*

[/Springer]

[/Thefallenone]
TFArchive
Custom Title: King Lurker

Post by TFArchive »

I think we can safely assume it won't be Spike's only useful line, hehe
--
Brendan Reilly
The Transformers Archive
http://tfarchive.com/
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

You're all wrong. It's the countdown on Moonbase 1. Only the coolest me could do that. It's the turning point of the movie. If I hadn't have got that countdown right, Unicron would never have been killed.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Gotta be "Oh ****! What're we gonna do now?!" because he used a naughty word in front of children. Hur, hur.

Hrmmm . . . I dunno. None of them were that especially memorable, and I haven't watched it in well over a year or two . . .

They're really trying to whore out this particular release of the DVD, aren't they? So, what's the next thing we vote on? ;)
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
You're all wrong. It's the countdown on Moonbase 1. Only the coolest me could do that. It's the turning point of the movie. If I hadn't have got that countdown right, Unicron would never have been killed.

Well, as a injoke at Cassey presenting the US version of Top of the Pops (does that mean you're played by the American Jimmy Saville?) it's nice enough.

I like the bit where Jazz gets a axe in the back from the Joker.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Mikotron
Protoform

Post by Mikotron »

"Destroy Unicron, kill the grand puba, eliminated even the toughest stains."

not sure puba is the right word but that's what it sounds like to me in the movie.
please correct me if i'm wrong.
Ba weep granna weep ninni - BONG
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

It was "poobah" in the draft of the script... what that actually means, though... possibly a reference to an old TV show...
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Grand_Poobah :)

I'd vote for Springer's line. Or Hot Rod's "We've got to get a new travel agent". Completeing the top three is the one that didn't get to final version of the movie. :o When they see Unicron and Kup says that he'd never seen anything like that before. In the comic adaptation, Hot Rod answers: "Well, I knew there had to be a first time".
Brimstone
Protoform

Post by Brimstone »

Aside from the fact that it's kind of retarded, isn't the "One shall stand and one shall fall" or his "Megatron must be stopped, no matter the cost" like kind of like the quintisential Prime lines in that movie?

And what about "'Til all are one!" That's like the movie tag line (and one that has survived the two decades to still be found in G1 fiction today).

Ah well, it's not like people pay attention to those kind of DVD extras anyway. :)
-Tobin Melroy
aka Arek Brimstone

"Can't wait for election day,
Wouldn't miss the occupation corporations rule the day." - Pearl Jam, "Undone"
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Brimstone
And what about "'Til all are one!" That's like the movie tag line (and one that has survived the two decades to still be found in G1 fiction today).

Though relatively recently just about the whole script could be found in DW's output...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Sociopathic Autobot

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

No Blaster? Is there a write in campaign?
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
AutobotJazz
Protoform

Post by AutobotJazz »

For me it has to be Prime declaring 'One shall stand, one shall fall.'
If only for the sense of irony it brings about when they both actually fall....Megs just falls further and harder!
Thanks to StoneCold Skywarp for the Sig
TopHat II
Protoform

STARSCREAM:

Post by TopHat II »

"AGGH! My foot!"
Unicron

Post by Unicron »

How could they not put "I can't deal with that now" on the ballot?
TopHat II
Protoform

SLAG:

Post by TopHat II »

"Excuse me!"
Darkwand
Protoform

Post by Darkwand »

Megatrons - "Attack" as every decepticon flies out of the shuttle, transforms and speed off towards Autobot City.
starscreamjericho
Protoform

Post by starscreamjericho »

Starscream:
"Astrotrain has requested we lighten our load".

megs saying "wait I still function" starscream :"wanna bet"

or Megatron
"Soundwave don't leave me".

and Rumble
"what he say his name was"
starscreamjericho
Protoform

Post by starscreamjericho »

Originally posted by RID Scourge
Gotta be "Oh ****! What're we gonna do now?!" because he used a naughty word in front of children. Hur, hur.

Hrmmm . . . I dunno. None of them were that especially memorable, and I haven't watched it in well over a year or two . . .

They're really trying to whore out this particular release of the DVD, aren't they? So, what's the next thing we vote on? ;)

the next thing vote on will be your transformer death in the movie.:laugh:
Mikotron
Protoform

Post by Mikotron »

Originally posted by starscreamjericho
the next thing vote on will be your transformer death in the movie.:laugh:

That would have to be Ironhide being blasted in the head for me.
Ba weep granna weep ninni - BONG