[Original RPG] So, what's the deal with Elita? *confused look*

Got a story idea, or something you'd like to chat about?
Arcee
Protoform

So, what's the deal with Elita? *confused look*

Post by Arcee »

The way she's been referred to (like, Optimus still grieving about losing her, yada yada) I thought she was dead in our RPG, but she's been listed on the "available characters" list, and has just been claimed. So, who to the what now? Is she alive or dead? :confused:

Of course, in our game, Transformers come back from the dead all the time... ;) I just wanted to know what's the story with her so that I can be a little less confused...
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

... the last I checked, despite her not "being killed", I had set backstory stating that megatron had in fact killed her prior to the 2005 incident... perhaps I should clue our little green flying saucer in on this
Scout

Post by Scout »

I've written to Cosmos to let him know she's dead. Also, there's a maximum of five characters, so it's a non-issue.
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

*ahem*

I've moved her from the Available Characters list to the Dead list, so hopefully this won't happen again.
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

*Whistles*
Sorry about her being on the availible list - I read the things with Prime saying she was dead - yet when I wrote the list, it didn't sink in. My fault, sorry.
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Question:

A felow poster here PM'd me about the possibility of Elita being "brought back" in the RP.

Can I lay a claim to a "dead" character, or am I correct in assuming that Arcee is wanting her character?
Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

Ummmm

You can PM the mods and ask if it's ok to "Bring her back", and let them decided that one. But, from what I can tell, she died before Prime called back the sparks from the matrix, so it is POSSIBLE. But then again, she might just be happy in the matrix.

As for Arcee laying claim on her, you two can PM and see what you can agree on.

My two cents
Warcry

Post by Warcry »

The answer is probably going to be no, but God Jinrai would be the one to ask in this case. It's his character's backstory, so I'll go along with whatever he decides.
Arcee
Protoform

Post by Arcee »

Originally posted by Kup1
Can I lay a claim to a "dead" character, or am I correct in assuming that Arcee is wanting her character?
No, I don't want her. I think you misunderstood. :)
Scout

Post by Scout »

I'll agree with Warcry about asking Jinrai.

As far as most of the 'dead' characters go- fan chars almost always stay dead unless their owners come back. As in the case of dropped chars that were claimed by players that suddenly vanish, 2 months after the players stop playing, the chars become available again.
Of course, staff always has the option to okay the bringing back of the regular chars - as in the case of the insecticons.

Generally, we don't encourage players to kill off characters unless it's a big and very serious battle. And then, as in the past, we'd probably lay it out and say "some chars need to be casualties". Does that mean a fav char that's being played is gone forever? No. :) But after a big battle, and casualties, in the past we've held off on reviving the 'dead' for a few months at least before they're good to go again.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

Killing off characters is fun. Seven of my characters have bitted the dust previously. My favourite death though was Scourge, with Rodimus Convoy a close second.

I'm always in favour of dead characters staying dead, at least for the next couple of story-arcs. Otherwise the deaths don't really mean anything. That's why I've asked for Scourge not to be revived without Mod permission.

-Ss
I found God. Then I lost him. He'll probably turn up down the back of the sofa someday.
"The early bird gets the worm, but the early worm is ****ed."
"I'm not oppressing you Stan, but you haven't got a womb. Where's the fetus going to gestate? You going to keep it in a box?"
Ravage_mk2
Protoform

Post by Ravage_mk2 »

I prefer 'retiring' my fan made characters, so I can possibly use them in the future.

My first creations, Bean Bandit and Rally Vincent, are presently a newly wed couple on honeymoon(won't be returning to active use for a few rpg years, if at all. Their kid(s) might though....)

Talon, my 2nd creation, is still active in the present threads.

And as for my 3rd creations, the Elementals, they're currently 'housed' at certain key points in Earth geography.(could use them to give scientific characters something to investigate if they want to)
Chromia

Post by Chromia »

Thanks everyone.

I hereby claim Elita-1, I guess. :cool:
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

*LMAO*

guys... the.. "fellow poster" in question... IT WAS ME!
Quick Switch

Post by Quick Switch »

Ask the original character's player. Although this seems to have been resolved.