Dammit and dammit some more

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Redstreak
Protoform

Dammit and dammit some more

Post by Redstreak »

Nothing bothers me more than when someone cannot be up front with me. Today, I found out that I was being led along for the past three months by this girl I had basically been enamored over since my arrival in this state.
Back at the end of October I got the balls to ask her out, and she said yes. Problem ever since; nothing happened. Everytime I would get my hopes raised she'd do something to dash them. Then today she revealed the truth; she said I am too young for her. I'm 24, she's 27. That's not what I'd call much of a difference. And when I tried to do some of my most creative weaseling, I was blown off.
The good news is I'm over it right away. The fact that she led me on made that possible. I really wanted her, and made quite an effort, even getting her an X-Mas present, and this is what I got in return, a glimpse at just how shallow someone can be. I'm angry, frustrated, a bit sad, but also glad that this is resolved. So I dunno which me you're gonna see the next few days guys, but expect me to be quick on the wisecracks for sure.
So there you have it; I now join the ranks of Archivers who have been played by girls they thought they were in love with.

R.

------------------
Thanks to Skycat for the sig pic!
-------------------------
Come on down to RCOSD & Redstreak's basement, where torture and pain are our game.
sprites touch
Protoform

Post by sprites touch »

Being played with, sucks, man, but I'm glad you're not taking it too hard, and moving on, good luck finding your true love(if there ever is one).

------------------

Looking through somebody else's eyes doesn't make you see better,
but it just might help you to understand their world.
------------------------
Original artwork by HMB3
Prowl?
Protoform

Post by Prowl? »

females can be more evil than the combined forces of Megatron, Darth Vader, Galvatron and Hasbro execs sometimes, fellow datsun. The trick is to learn how to rebound from it without losing your sanity and self esteem. I went through almost the same thing time and time again, but kept my sanity by sacrficing my self-esteem, don't let the same happen to you pal!

------------------
----------------------------------
Send comments, insults, taunts and death threats to:
Prowl?

---------------------------------------------------
Sig space courtesy of Thundercracker84
------------------------
screw geocities and Angelfire
dai-atlas2000
Protoform

Post by dai-atlas2000 »

Originally posted by Prowl?:
females can be more evil than the combined forces of Megatron, Darth Vader, Galvatron and Hasbro execs sometimes, fellow datsun. The trick is to learn how to rebound from it without losing your sanity and self esteem. I went through almost the same thing time and time again, but kept my sanity by sacrficing my self-esteem, don't let the same happen to you pal!

Yep definitely - the hardest part isn't getting your heart broken - it's spending weeks recovering -

------------------
Dai
<offical tea-boy>
RARRRR!!RR!!RRR!R!
Ravege and Brawn - I'm coming to get ya!

Sig pictures and hosting available on request!!!!

Homer Simpson: <shrugs> This is a party Marge, it doesn't have to make sense!
Raiden
Protoform

Post by Raiden »

Once I tried to go after a girl, who was/is a friend of mine. I'd ask her to go out during the weekend, but she always had some readied excuse. Then one time I went with her to an expo, brought her a stuffed animal that she wanted very much (she tried to give back to me, saying that it was too expensive, but I brushed it off). Then, we went to dinner and I paid for the whole thing. After that, I asked her over the phone for her address so I could send her a Xmas gift, but she just gave me the cold shoulder, and then and there I gave up. Just last night, she actually called and we had a long chat. She asked me if I wanted to go see a movie tonight, but I told her that I was busy. I haven't decided if I still like her or not, and whether I should go see movies with her. Women are just too hard to figure out imo.

Anyway, Redstreak, my advice is to forget about that woman and find another girl who deserves you better. Good luck.

------------------

"It's true! It's true!"
S
Protoform

Post by S »

You knew the risks, now get over it. Next time you'll have better insight I'm sure.

------------------
- S
*Predaking*
Protoform

Post by *Predaking* »

Happened to me too. It's a long story but basically this girl and I went out for a month then she went away for a month and when she came back she's like, cold and totally different. I asked her if she wants to keep going out with me and she said yes. Well we managed to go out a few more times after that , with her still cold and distant. Then one day I called her and her new bf answered the phone and I was mad so I keep calling her cuz I want her to tell me straight up it's over then one day while that guy was talking to me she interrupted by saying, "Leave me alone!" and hung up. Is that evil or what?

------------------
"I'm the best there is, the best there was and
the best there ever will be"
Bret “Hitman" Hart
RCOSD

Post by RCOSD »

Where do i sign up for this club?

------------------
Image Image

We are the Youth,
and we are knocking on death's door
You never see me fall from grace
Warning!!! This poster is very p***ed off and should not be talked too
Come down to RCOSD and Redstreak's basement,were touture and pain are our game
Blaster_86

Post by Blaster_86 »

this is the one clube I never want in on.

------------------
Optimus Prime do you read me the Decepticons are blitzing Autobot city, we're really taking a pounding; dunno how much longer we can hold out-Blaster in Tf:TM Image No Way Two Can Play -Blaster
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Roger Me, Wilco me. ANYTHING, Hello Hello Earth.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

I agree with being honest and upfront Redstreak, so that's what I did.

The girl I'm seeing right now, I told her straight away, and repeatedly I might add, that I am lazy, lazy and shallow. Shallow and lazy. Its my right as a man.

Amazingly, she seemed pretty cool about it. She also makes great tea and laughs at my jokes. She even thinks my Sean Connery impression is quite good at times.

One of us must be an alien.

------------------
Amnesia
Protoform

Post by Amnesia »

Oh yes, we females are sooo evil... unlike you guys of course, I'm sure none of you ever let a girl down... Image

------------------
First Lurbie of the TF Archive!
dai-atlas2000
Protoform

Post by dai-atlas2000 »

Amnesia,

Since you're a girl - can i ask you what will probably sound like a silly question??

Do you girls spend so much time worrying about us blokes like we do for you girls?

Sometimes it seems like we blokes have to do all the running and all you girls have to do is say - YES or NO -

maybe i'm speaking out of turn - let us know

------------------
Dai
<offical tea-boy>
RARRRR!!RR!!RRR!R!
Ravege and Brawn - I'm coming to get ya!

Sig pictures and hosting available on request!!!!

Homer Simpson: <shrugs> This is a party Marge, it doesn't have to make sense!
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

I don't think you should take her as a representation of the female population...

Heck, she wouldn't even be a representation of the human race! Image

------------------
ADDL and Skywarp: brothers in arms..uh bars!
Amnesia
Protoform

Post by Amnesia »

Hm... I don't think that's a silly question, dai. Actually it made me think for quite a while. First I wanted to reply: "Of course we do", then I thought of "Maybe not". Finally I've come to the conclusion that I think that worrying about that kind of thing is not a question of gender. You can find guys that just like to play around and don't really care as well as gals. Oh... and I know that this is not a very good answer. Image

EDIT: KICKBACK, YOU MOOK!!! Image
------------------
First Lurbie of the TF Archive!

[This message has been edited by Amnesia (edited 01-12-2002).]
Prowl?
Protoform

Post by Prowl? »

Originally posted by S:
You knew the risks, now get over it. Next time you'll have better insight I'm sure.

Show some compassion, you cold-hearted bastard. I'm sure if you were upset about something, and wanted to talk about it, Red wouldn't be an @$$hole to you, pal.

------------------
----------------------------------
Send comments, insults, taunts and death threats to:
Prowl?

---------------------------------------------------
Sig space courtesy of Thundercracker84
------------------------
screw geocities and Angelfire
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I liked this girl in high school. She knew I liked her, but she ignored me. I found out that she was going to the same college as me, and then I discovered that she was living in the same building, so I invited her to visit me. She said OK, but I knew I'd never see her, so finally, I said to myself, "f*ck that b*tch. She isn't worth my time." Being ignored is just as bad as being led on.

------------------
And you will know me as PaladinPrime when I rend you armor, and extinguish your lazer core!

My New Year's Resolution: To send more people to Ratchet's repair bay. Hey, I gotta give the guy some business, he's gonna die in three years.

Looks like I'm:

PaladinPrime: Supporter of the kill all lurkers, and eat them campaign.
Auntie Slag
Custom Title: Satisfaction guaranteed!

Post by Auntie Slag »

We'll help you through it Red, old bean,

Go on, i'll let you torture the hell out of me, for old times sake. Use the flamethrower and rubbing alcohol too. Then we can all go get hammered in double quick time!

Anyone up for this? Its the weekend Image C'mon, it'll be fun.

------------------
Quickswitch6

Post by Quickswitch6 »

Oh Redstreak, one word:
Ouch

Mind you, being permantly single, I wouldn't understand...

------------------
I am the only Autobot six changer. Alittle respect please..
S
Protoform

Post by S »

Originally posted by Prowl?:
Show some compassion, you cold-hearted bastard. I'm sure if you were upset about something, and wanted to talk about it, Red wouldn't be an @$$hole to you, pal.
Hey, if you want to insult me for stating an opinion, go ahead. Perhaps my wording was rather crude, but basically saying that one should cope with one's losses and get back into the game is fundamentally the same as your own advice.

The pain and all that nasty stuff comes with the package when you take your chances with getting emotionally involved with someone. The best way to avoid disappointments is to never even try anything, and quite frankly I think we agree that wouldn't necessarily be the best thing to do. It probably takes some practise to be able to take the good with the bad, and to realize that "it's better to have loved and lost than never have loved at all" or something to that effect... but the point is, it's no one else's fault but your own for getting into the game. "Love" is all in your mind, chump.

------------------
- S
Starscreamer
Protoform

Post by Starscreamer »

female fleshlings are evil! evil i say Image

------------------