Press Release for Transformers Game

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
StoneCold Skywarp
Custom Title: Best Served Chilled

Press Release for Transformers Game

Post by StoneCold Skywarp »

THE BATTLE FOR EARTH BEGINS AS TRANSFORMERS: THE GAME ROLLS OUT TO RETAIL STORES TODAY

Gamers Control the Outcome of the Planet as They Choose to protect it as AUTOBOTS or Destroy it as DECEPTICONS

Santa Monica, CA – June 26, 2007 – The fate of the world is in gamers’ hands with the announcement that TRANSFORMERS: The Game from Activision, Inc. (Nasdaq: ATVI), under license from HPG, the licensing division of Hasbro, Inc. has shipped to retail stores nationwide. Timed to the highly anticipated theatrical release of the “TRANSFORMERS” live-action feature film from DreamWorks Pictures and Paramount Pictures, the game allows players to experience the unstoppable power and massive scale of the AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS in an epic battle for Earth.

“TRANSFORMERS: The Game lets you choose your side – Autobots or Decepticons – to either protect or destroy Earth,” said Will Kassoy, senior vice president of global brand management, Activision, Inc. “The game features fully destructible environments, an army of playable characters, split second changes from robot to vehicle form and a storyline that goes beyond the film to include some elements from the property’s long history that will also appeal to Generation 1 fans.”

“The Activision team has done an outstanding job of replicating the live-action movie scale and realism into TRANSFORMERS: The Game,” said Jeff Burdeen, Vice President of Digital Media for HPG. “Across the current and next-generation platforms, gamers will have an awesome TRANSFORMERS experience from the amazing vehicle-to-robot changes to the heart-pounding action.”

In TRANSFORMERS: The Game for the consoles and PC, players are presented with dual campaigns as they choose from an unprecedented line-up of characters including OPTIMUS PRIME, MEGATRON, IRONHIDE, STARSCREAM, BUMBLEBEE and more. Gamers must master each character’s unique weapons, moves and instantaneous conversions from robot to vehicle mode as they rampage through fully interactive and destructible environments in their quest to protect or destroy Earth.

The Nintendo DS™ offers two completely different games, TRANSFORMERS: AUTOBOTS and TRANSFORMERS: DECEPTICONS. Both titles enable players to engage in the “AllSpark Wars” through Nintendo® Wi-Fi Connection where they must help their side win the global conflict between AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS via daily challenge missions and global player stats comparisons. Each Nintendo DS game features 20 unique story missions plus more than 20 challenge missions as well as local wireless multiplayer modes for up to four players.

The PSP (PlayStation Portable) system version of TRANSFORMERS: The Game features more than 20 playable TRANSFORMERS characters with three combat modes and 19 story-based missions that have players playing both AUTOBOTS and DECEPTICONS as they progress through the game. In addition, gamers can battle in four-player Ad Hoc wireless competitions including Deathmatch, Team Deathmatch, Ascension Rites (king of the hill) and Secure the Energon (capture the flag), in more than 10 multiplayer arenas.

TRANSFORMERS: The Game was developed by Traveller’s Tales for the Xbox 360™ video game system from Microsoft, PLAYSTATION®3 computer entertainment system, Wii™ home video game system from Nintendo, PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system and PC, and is rated “T” (Teen) by the ESRB. The PSP system version was developed by Savage Entertainment and is currently rated “E 10+” (Everyone 10 and older – Violence) by the ESRB. Two unique games for Nintendo DS, TRANSFORMERS: AUTOBOTS and TRANSFORMERS: DECEPTICONS, were developed by Vicarious Visions and are rated “E 10+” (Everyone 10 and older - Violence) by the ESRB. For more information about the game, visit http://www.transformersgame.com/.
happy days :)
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

I got this on the 26th for the PS2 and it is awesome. :D I just beat it 20 minutes ago.the GAME isn't overly difficult but does get a little tricky sometimes.If you beat the game as a Decepticon the final clip is a little disturbing.
SPOILER! (select to read)
You don't get to play ratchet,Brawl,and Bonecrusher.Brawl kills Jazz. You only get to play Starscream in one level.the levels are Sam's town,Qatar Military Base,Sector Seven's Base inside Hoover Dam, and what appears to be D.C. Each level has 4 to 5 chapters.Once you beat the game on either side you must destroy 35 random baddies on Cybertron.You must defeat Shockwave,who is triple changer.He turns to a Cannon and a helicopter.The G1 skin for Op is that the flame decals are removed.Jazz is white with blue strips,and Screamer has his regular G1 one paint on.
There are five G1 Skins. Can anyone tell me what the other two are?
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Mikotron
Protoform

Post by Mikotron »

How can I beat Ironhide in the "City of the Machines" segment?

It's been driving me crazy.
Ba weep granna weep ninni - BONG
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Originally posted by Mikotron
How can I beat Ironhide in the "City of the Machines" segment?

Ungh.I hated that level.It took me about 6 tries before I beat him.
Okay,first off there's no time limit,therefore, there's no need to rush,take your time.You start out with some easy baddies.after those guys,Ironhide will charge at you.Avoid him,but follow Him from behind.eventually he'll just stop.Use your melee attacks on him.repeat until he fires his flame balls at you.Quickly turn your shield on till he stops firing.Then run as far away from him as you can.more baddies show up.there will be a baddy with a chain whip that he swings around.throw cars at him until he stops then destroy him.When you're destroying baddies,DON'T go near Ironhide,He'll start shooting flame balls for a long time.repeat until Ironhide is dead and Meg is all yours to play with.
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

I got the PSP version today. Kind of cool. Although I'd like G1 skins and the ability to pick who I'd play each level.

Yeah, yeah. I'd use Ironhide every level.........
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642