OOC Talking Point - Edge of Survival Prediction Thread

Having a quiet drink with Terry Gene Bollea.
AWF Press Office
Protoform

OOC Talking Point - Edge of Survival Prediction Thread

Post by AWF Press Office »

Note: OOC only. Each and every "in character" post within this thread will be removed.

Yes, it's nearly time. This Sunday a new era within the AWF will begin. The Archive Wrestling Federation Championship will be decided in the 30 man Royal Rumble match.

But who's your pick? Yes, this is the part where you get to show that you've second-guessed the bookers. This is the part where you get to show just how savvy/jaded you are when it comes to the wrestling biz.

Pick your winners! The person with the most correct wins a fabulous prize*

The Royal Rumble
30 Men; One Winner; A New Champion

Tag Team Championship - No Count Out, No Disqualification
The Serial Slackaz (c) vs. Y3B & The Mat Man

Divebomb vs. TC

The HeartBrend Kid vs. Big Daddy Rav

Xille & ?? vs. Vin Ghostal & The Lock

Special Bonus Match! Announced... uhm, now, really!
Baxter vs. Judge Death

* - This is a lie. There are no prizes, other than what value you place on knowing you got it right. You never know, some people might think more of you for it...

Oh, and can staff please lean towards the side of not giving away the results? Hell, lie about your opinions if you have to... ;)
CloudStrifer
Protoform

Post by CloudStrifer »

Is there a list of who is in the Rumble? Or is it a suprise? Also are they some not listed matches or is that all?

My picks:

Y3B & NMat

TC

HBK

Lock and Vin Ghoastal

Judge Death
Shockmeister
Protoform

Post by Shockmeister »

Like Strife said, it seems short for a PPV...but there's a Rumble, so appearances can be deceptive. Like a...deceptive thing.

Anyway, pickeths:

I'd say Sixswitch to win the rumble...though it's a difficult choice between him and Morpheus, and frankly, given their fairly recent title reigns, I'm not too hopeful about either.

Serial Slackaz - Nmat's still inactive (saying that with as much respect as possible, don't yell at me, etc), and the Igz/D-Ex team deserves something better than the world's shortest tag-title reign ever. Ignavus is paying me to say this...oops.

Divebomb - TC, also, is inactive. And I like face Dbomb.

HeartBrend Kid - No offense to Rav, but I just think he's awesome.

V3 & The Lock - Actually, this one has 'upset' written all over it, IMO. It's simply that, from the outset, two veterans versus someone who's still a bit below them and Captain Anonymous seems like a squash match. But, y'know...he's the Mid-Card Messiah, or whatever it is. Anything can happen.

Baxter - For no reason beyond two simple facts: 1) I hate voting for myself, and 2) I love the whole haiku thing.
Sig-image by DrEvil. He rules...
"I was given a chocolate bar and an M-1 rifle and told to go kill Hitler." - Jack Kirby's WW2 experience.
Baxter

Re: OOC Talking Point - Edge of Survival Prediction Thread

Post by Baxter »

The Royal Rumble
The Game. Because A little butt kissing never hurt anyone.

The Serial Slackaz. Love teams that have an actucal name instead of 2 guys.

Divebomb vs. TC
TC.

HBK
Mystery Partners are always hard to pick.
Vinny G and the Lock

Baxter vs. Judge Death
Just for you, Shockmeister:
I'm with Shockmeister
Against voting for myself.
Judge Death will defeat
Ignavus
Protoform

Post by Ignavus »

The Royal Rumble

Ah, shoot. I have no idea really. Like JD, I'd like to see Sixswitch or Morpheus win. Both their reigns were cut way too short.

Tag Team Championship: Um, tough call. Blaster is good at posting, but so is D-Ex... and after all I do love me. I'd like to see us win, if only for some consistency in the title scene.... and I'm a greedly little schmo

Divebomb vs. TC: TC hasn't posted much. If at all. And Dbomb kicks ass. Dbomb all the way baby!

The HeartBrend Kid vs. Big Daddy Rav: I'm goin with JD again (this is scary... I don't like this game anymore). HBK kicks ass.

Xille & ?? vs. Vin Ghostal & The Lock: Yay! I can disagree with him. I put my misguided faith in the opium of the masses, the midcard miracle, the man I'd love to punch in the face - X and mystery man.

JD vs. Baxter: Baxter's still new. Then again, so am I - sorta. New people lose, I guess seems to be the rule. They are both top notch posters, tough, but I still gotta go with the Judge. He isn't paying me to say this, I just have a crush on him. oops
Vin Ghostal

Re: OOC Talking Point - Edge of Survival Prediction Thread

Post by Vin Ghostal »

The Royal Rumble

This one's obviously the most difficult to call. The members of Team AWF have been on a real roll lately (Summers, HBK, Viewfind, Morpheus, and Sixswitch), so one of them seems like the best choice. That said, The Lock could be a real dark horse here...his tag match earlier in the night might wear him out. Same goes for yours truly and for Xille. I'm betting that Ravage, HBK, Divebomb, and T.C. will wear each other out enough that they won't contend...with the stipulations, I'd be surprised if anyone in the tag match MADE it to the ring...my money has to be on Morpheus.

In a technical match, I'd pick Blaster and Mat in a second, due to their experience and success in big-time matches as singles competitors. Both teams are relatively new, but I have to give the edge to the Slackaz, if not because they're more talented, then because they've just shown me something in their little time together.

Divebomb vs. TC

Both guys are great posters and great characters. It's a pick-em, really. I'm going with Divebomb.

HBK sucks harder than Paris Hilton, and Rav has proven that he can win in big match situations in the past, but it's hard to pick against Brend here. Go with Brend.

Come on, can I really bet against myself and The Lock, two of the biggest stars in AWF history? To be honest, I'm a little worried about whom Xille might pull out of the woodwork for this match, but with me and Lock as a team, he could call up freakin' Jesus Christ from OVW and they still wouldn't do it. Lock and Yours Truly.

Baxter vs. Judge Death

Another tough match to call. I like both these guys, and I think they've both been great additions to the forum and the roster. I'll go with Baxter, but only by a hair.
Sixswitch

Post by Sixswitch »

The Rumble

I've gotta go with Morpheus. With HBK seeming to be about to embark on a feud with Skywarp, it doesn't make sense to give the title to either of these guys. The feud doesn't need it.

Viewfind to have unfinished business with the remnants of the GPA.

I never pick myself on principle, although since I don't have any obvious feud or means of pushing any storylines forwards at the moment, I don't see why the title should go to the Double S this time.

Besides, no one who's taking part in the earlier matches on the card is going to win the thing, which leaves Skywarp or The Game as the only other choices. And The Game is holding the IC title at the moment, and like I said before, Skywarp doesn't need the title if his feud with HBK is going to play out like I expect.

Winner: Morpheus

Tag Championship Match

Blaster's only just returned to the AWF, and his teaming with NMat's a new thing. I like the Serial Slackerz... In theory, with a name like that, there's no way they should be winning matches, but they somehow pull it off. And I've a feeling they'll do it this time too.

Winners: The Serial Slackerz

Divebomb Vs TC

Looking at the bigger picture, Divebomb's still fresh off his Wargames 'victory'. I've a feeling though that this feud is going to go beyond the old GPA now, and is set to carry on. So I think TC will win by DQ to prolong the feud.

Winner: TC

HBK Vs Ravage

I think this one will put an end to this feud, to enable HBK to go after Skywarp. I can see Skywarp interference costing HBK the match, giving Ravage the victory. This'll let them both go onto new things.

Winner: Ravage

Xille and ??? Vs Ghostal and The Lock

A straight win here will go a long way to giving Lock and thus Murder Inc a stronger position in the AWF, so my head says to go for that pair. But my instinct says that Xille will pull it off, either through a gutsy performance, or through a real coup with regards to his mystery partner.

Winner: Xille and ???

Baxter Vs Judge Death

This one really could go either way. Both are quite new to the AWF, and both seem to be shaping up decently. Flip a coin and pick one.

Winner: Baxter
Thundercracker
Protoform

Post by Thundercracker »

saying im inactive...pffft.

Rumble:
Hard to call, many a great competitor in it. i'd have to say Morpheus though

Tag Titles:
Slackaz

TC v Divebomb
Hard to say, both good characters, but Dive seems to be on the roll...I'm still gonna win though.

HBK v Ravage
Tough call but I figure that Rav is gonna pull this one out on the peroxide kid

Xille & ??? v Ghostal & Lock
Close to call because of the unknown factor, but I'm gonna say Ghostal and Locky

Baxter v Judge Death
Two new guys, seemingly even matchup...so im gonna guess Baxter.
The Futon, it's a couch that turns into a bed....the most disappointing transformer of all.
Ignavus
Protoform

Post by Ignavus »

Originally posted by Thundercracker

Sowwy. I take it back. >virtual hug!< :D
Originally posted by Baxter
The Serial Slackaz. Love teams that have an actucal name instead of 2 guys.

I renounce JD. I love you too. Will you marry me?
Shockmeister
Protoform

Post by Shockmeister »

Originally posted by Thundercracker
Doubtless your main reason for betting against me... *grumbles*
Originally posted by Baxter
I'm with Shockmeister
Against voting for myself.
Judge Death will defeat
Goddammit, I love you too...even if you've effectively ruined my platonic (read: hot-n-steamy) relationship with Igz. Oh, well... :p
"I was given a chocolate bar and an M-1 rifle and told to go kill Hitler." - Jack Kirby's WW2 experience.
Xille
Protoform

Post by Xille »

Everyone's done enough analysis thus far, so I'll just state my picks.

Rumble: Divebomb

Tag Titles: Serial Slackaz

TC/D-Bomb: TC

HBK/Ravage: Big Daddy Ravage

Baxter/JD: Judge Death
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Just doing my picks too.

Rumble: I'll go left field and say Tempest. Any guy willing to wear panties heas the guts to win the big one :P

Tag Titles: Y3B and Mat Man

TC / DB : DB

HBK / Rav : HBK

Baxter / JD : Bugg
Sociopathic Autobot

This post carries no Y3B bias!

Post by Sociopathic Autobot »

The Royal Rumble

Y3B, how can you go wrong with this pick?

Y3B, if he's in the match you have got give it to him.

Divebomb vs. TC

I will go with TC.

HBK

?? is the new guy right? Ghost and Lock, by a long shot. We're talking about a guy Ghostal carried and one of the best guys the AWF has ever seen.

Baxter vs. Judge Death

Nobody.
SAGE GOES IN ALL FIELDS
Amarant Odinson
Protoform

This post carries no Y3B bias.

Post by Amarant Odinson »

The Royal Rumble

As long as it's not Y3B, then I'm happy. But seriously? I give it to Viewfind.

The Serial Slackaz over going over faster than the Ultimate Warrior over the Honky Tonk Man.

Divebomb vs. TC

Tough call. It's going to be a good match either way but I'm giving this to Divebomb with some help from Viewfind or P?

This will be when I have my bathroom break.

Too many egos, such little time. I'm not sure. It all depends on who Xille's partner is but this feud need to continue so I'll give to Ghostal and Lock.

Baxter vs. Judge Death

Well, One does some decent poetry while the other wouldn't know the dictionary if someone beat him with it. I hope it's Baxter just so I don't need to read another Judge Death promo. Those things hurt my eyes and my brain. I love the character but I get a headache when I read those things.
WRESTLING:
In Canada, its a Tradition... in Mexico, its a Religion.... in Japan, its a Sport... in America.... Its a Joke.

Extreme_Kup
Protoform

Post by Extreme_Kup »

The Royal Rumble

I think Divebomb might win..if he is in this thing. If not, then maybe View.

Cant predict this one....can only predict this is a face-face feud. ;) :p No? Then the challenger might win.

Divebomb vs. TC

TC. Then uhm....the Rumble happens

I love hosses...I am tempted to pick Rav. So what the heck, RAVAGE wins it by a close one

I love the underdogs so I pick Xille

Baxter vs. Judge Death

Uhm.....if its a poetry match, Baxter.
Award for creepy little b*stard? JD
In a wrestling match? Uhm....JD I guess.
The X-WCW IS BACK!!! Wanna get XTREME? YOU JUST GOT IT!

D-Ex and Igz, your AWF Tag Team Champs. You think you got what it takes to take The Serial Slackaz on? Then join the
AWF and show us what you got!
Random Sweep
Protoform

Post by Random Sweep »

Knew I forgot one.

Xille/?? vs Ghostal and Lock : Ghostal and Lock
Shockmeister
Protoform

Post by Shockmeister »

Originally posted by Amarant Odinson
I hope it's Baxter just so I don't need to read another Judge Death promo. Those things hurt my eyes and my brain.
I'll still write the things even if I lose, y'know.

And by saying that they hurt, I'll probably do them longer and more frequently, just to spite you. :D
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

The Royal Rumble

I would like to see someone like D-Extreme, Divebomb or someone else who has yet to win who hasn't won the AWF Championship.

Y3B & The Mat Man

Divebomb vs. TC
Divebomb

Ravage

Xille

Baxter vs. Judge Death
Judge Death
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Wolfang

Post by Wolfang »

Rumble: Y3B, HBK, Viewfind or Sixswitch. I think the winner will be a former AWF Champion.

Tag titles: The Slackaz.

Divebomb Vs. TC: Divebomb.

HBK Vs. Ravage: HBK all the way.

Xille & ? Vs. V3 & The Lock: V3 and The Lock. They cheat their way to victory.

Baxter Vs. Judge Death: Baxter.
"I hold to a simple philosophy: assume everyone's a piece of c*** and then be pleasantly surprised if you find people who ain't."
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

The Royal Rumble

I think it could really be anyone this year. Will there be alliances like TC and BDR had that allowed them to be co-winners of the AWF's last big battle royal. Game,Divebomb, View, Sky, HBK, Six, Y3B, Morphious, Auros, Xille, anyone and everyone is a continder I can't wait to read it.

Hmm Y3b just barely came back so I am going to say Serial Slackza due to Y3b's ring rust.

Divebomb vs. TC
TC has the drive and the hatred not saying this just because he's my partner either.

Hehe, BDR I mean duh! HBK was so 2002.

Xille has a ton of fight in him. So I think it's going to be Xille and ??.

Baxter vs. Judge Death
Hmm me thinks Baxter on this one.