Some info about the Israeli TF meeting

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
dedicon
Protoform

Some info about the Israeli TF meeting

Post by dedicon »

Taken from Tformers.com:

The Israeli Transfan community is pleased to announce the second Transfan Gathering in Israel on Thursday 23-3-2006. This year's event will feature the Decepticon Starscream. The gathering will be held at Moshav Beit Hashmonai (between Tel-Aviv & Jerusalem), on Yehuda Maccabi st. #8.

The events will include:

- A panel on Starscream and his various incarnations throughout the TF mythos.
- Refreshments & snacks.
- Down time for trading and selling toys & merchandise.
- A trivia competition.
- A Starscream themed toys display.
- The screening of various Starscream related episodes from G1 , BW and Armada.

For the schedule, travel guide and optional to/from rides that are being organised, please click here:

http://hydepark.hevre.co.il/hydepark/to ... id=1846042

For the flyer that is used to promote the gathering, please click here:

http://prdupl02.ynet.co.il/ForumFiles_2/15750787.JPG

Media wise, hopefully two of the organisers will get to be on a short promotional interview on Chanel 10's morning show, and apart from the number of sci-fi forums that have cooperated in the promotion of the event, the event also got a short promotional piece on the web-page of the local newspaper (Ma'ariv), which can be seen here:

http://www.nrg.co.il/online/10/ART1/062/043.html

The event is free of charge, all are welcome to attend & here's hoping that all will have a great time! :-)

- Gabi (robotrik1@walla.com
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Tip: next time do the flyer so that it can be printed in black and white?
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

Dude, i know i'm overadvertising it, but because we are such a small community, every single Israeli fan who is mildly interasted might end showing up cause he was browsing here...

Think of it this way, right now we know of 40-5o ppl who will arrive, if we can add even one becuase of this site, i have done my share of help :)

Sorry for the bad grammer or spelling, i've been sleepless for almost 27 hours by now.
Really want the original(basic) Rattrap's gun. Please PM me if you have one you might spare!
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by dedicon
i know i'm overadvertising it
Hmm?

Dude, the lack of sleep is making you paranoid. :p
Koolbeans X-treme
Protoform

Post by Koolbeans X-treme »

nuts! i dont live in israel anymore, grrrrrrr
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Koolbeans X-treme

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

I sooo want to switch with you! i really want to pay insane ammount of fees to some collection-type company to do convention meeting for me! what, with the repainted exlusives for 500000000$ and everything... not to mention, the events are at school time so 70% of the fandom won't come anyway....

This is just all the Israeli fans get together to share intrest on their favorite hobby: Transformers. As for the nice addons like the Starscream theme we are having this year or the toy/comics sell we are having, those are really just the icing on the cake.

Oh, and if you weren't sarcastic like i think you were, i apologise...
Koolbeans X-treme
Protoform

Post by Koolbeans X-treme »

acutlyl i was being 100% honest. i lived there for 6 years, and i LOVED it. as soon as i graudte college in, well w/e i do, im moving my back. Althought im only a sophmore in high school, im still to young to drive to the convos (im only 16, only a permit) so i dont get to go. this year might b my first time going to botcon, if im lucky
tahukanuva
Custom Title: Human After All

Post by tahukanuva »

acutlyl i was being 100% honest. i lived there for 6 years, and i LOVED it. as soon as i graudte college in, well w/e i do, im moving my back. Althought im only a sophmore in high school, im still to young to drive to the convos (im only 16, only a permit) so i dont get to go. this year might b my first time going to botcon, if im lucky

Obviously, your high school doesn't have typing classes.

So, Starscream is/was the theme this year. Who was the theme last year? Was there even a theme last year? I wish I had a Transformers convention nearby, like you know, closer than Kansas.
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

Sorry for attacking you then. IThis board tends to be somewhat sarcastic, so i was on auto defense.

The meeting was good, though i had to leave early( the other guy who came with me wasn't feeling very well) and there was one very nice sculpting work by 2 guys who build a nice Omega Supreme! Pics will arrive soon...
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

Omega Image!

dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

Transformed!

Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Awesome! Hope you had a rocking time :) I'd probably go to conventions if they were smaller scale and there was less chance of Simon Furman being there and me inevitably smacking him upside the head.
dedicon
Protoform

Post by dedicon »

We had, thanks dude :)