[X-Men] Handy...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Glad somebody is keeping track. He must have been made unemployed because there's no realistic way someone can keep that up in their spare time.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

;
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Jetfire 2.1
Glad somebody is keeping track. He must have been made unemployed because there's no realistic way someone can keep that up in their spare time.

It's probably quite easy if you read the comics instead of taking a year off every now and then and just hoping nothing's changed... Re-reading the 1980s stuff the line-up is fluid for large amounts of time. It might be a bit of a pain to have to pick up another book to find out what Dazzler's up to, but it's far preferable to her just disappearing off the face of the Earth because the writer's bored with her.

That said, I dropped the X-titles when they let back that tosser Claremont. But I just stumbled across it and posted it as a resource, so I WIN.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

I love uxm.net, but it's true that most of they're stuff is a bit behind, except issue summaries. They choose to update things like the one Cliffy posted once a year, less hassle that way.
Originally posted by DrSpengler
Just annoying that the book takes 3 months to come out. I forget what's happened by the time I read the next issue.
I think it was supposed to go back to being monthly sometime in the fall.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by DrSpengler
So you don't even read Astonishing?
Seen a few issues and it all seemed to be retreading older material.
Alpha Trion
Protoform

Post by Alpha Trion »

Anyone dissatisfied with the core X-books needs to be reading X-Factor; quite probably the best book Marvel's got going. Peter David managed to make Layla Miller my favorite character after two issues.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

M'eh, I have his original run and have been soured to David since the way his ego destroyed Captain Marvel.
Originally posted by Denyer
Seen a few issues and it all seemed to be retreading older material.

Pretty much my thoughts... it simply seemed to be a blend of X-Men and Buffy/Angel, and as such didn't really offer anything new.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

The art is lovely, but without wanting to sound like a pretentious tosspot, Cassaday's a bit wasted on something so straight-forward, as opposed to Planetary where he's a genuine partner and can really use his imagination.

Claremont's a great dialogue writer!

Goddess, that was a lie, bunkie. Sometimes a body's got to take the piss. Umglaublich tovarisch, if ah touch someone ah absorb their powers. Thankfully ah'm invulvernable when ah'm blastin'.

Claremont=Furman, surely?
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »