New X-Men 122-123/Uncanny X-Men 404/Avengers 50-51 [Spoilers]

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Cliffjumper

New X-Men 122-123/Uncanny X-Men 404/Avengers 50-51 [Spoilers]

Post by Cliffjumper »

Woz got fer me by my ever-lovin' mum! I think I'm up to date now...

My word, Cassandra is tres evil. Booby-trapping her body? Nice lady. Em's on top Bitch form, whichis cracking. Nice to see Smasher, though I didn't like the way his distress call to Earth was pitched for comedy, with him chatting to some cows. Surely a couple of minor incidents like the Dark Phoenix saga and Operation: Galactic Storm would make Earhtlings stick in his mind... Nice to see The Man From Room X finally come into things properly too! Grant Morrison is probably the biggest blast of fresh air to X-Men since Claremont first came on board...

Uncanny continues to geet curiouser and curiouser... Chamber's gone from being my fave Gen X member to being one of my favourite characters, full stop, and it's nice to see Jubes again. the penny's dropped on the ex-Brotherhood members, and any issue which mentions Sunfire is worth the cover price. Give the man an Icons series at least! Ahem...

However cool these two are, though, they ain't a patch on Earth's Mightiest at the mo. For christ's sake, they've actually let a baddie conquer Earth! Concentration camps, captured heroes, the lot! As an interesting side-note, the Marvel Universe concept has either been dropped [Wolverine is seen briefly, and I'm sure it would have intruded a little on the X-books], or they've finally scrapped Johnny Byrne's shitty idea of 'Marvel Time', and these two happen six months apart or summink...
Halfshell

Re: New X-Men 122-123/Uncanny X-Men 404/Avengers 50-51 [Spoilers]

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Nice to see The Man From Room X finally come into things properly too!
Care to run that by me again? In English? The Immensity? I have blanks, y'see...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Oh, he was hinted at in soem Wizard interview with Morrison about being the most important X-Man for the last 20 years or something, and while he ain't done much yet, at least he's in the main plot-line...