IDW December Solicitations

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
zigzagger

IDW December Solicitations

Post by zigzagger »

Updated IDW Solicitations for December 2007 Transformers titles have been posted at IDW Publishing.
http://idwpublishing.com/solicit/dec07.shtml
The Transformers: Devastation #4

Simon Furman (w); Robby Musso (a); Su, Nick Roche (c)

Get ready for cover-to-cover action as OPTIMUS PRIME and the AUTOBOTS take on SIXSHOT, the DECEPTICONS’ living weapon, with the world at large watching. Nothing will ever be the same again, as the ‘secret’ war goes public in a big, big way. Plus, more HEADMASTERS, more Machination, more SUNSTREAKER, more REAPERS a dash of SOUNDWAVE, and a pinch of STARSCREAM. We really are pulling out all the stops on this one! By writer Simon Furman with covers from E.J. Su and Nick Roche, and featuring the artistic stylings of Robby Musso!

*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.

*Retailers: See your order form for special incentives

FC • $3.99 • 32 pages

The Transformers: Megatron Origin TPB

Eric Holmes (w); Alex Milne, Marcelo Matere (a); Milne (c)

Before allegiance, rank and function—before war—a civilian will become a warrior, and warrior will become a leader. As a leader he will learn of the most powerful weapon on the planet—a weapon powerful enough to bind legions to his will—a faction named DECEPTICON. This landmark collection brings the would-be major players of that faction together for the first time in a seminal story for MEGATRON, the DECEPTICONS, and THE GREAT WAR. Also includes a cover gallery by artist Alex Milne and variant cover artist Marcelo Matere.

TPB• FC • 104 pages • $17.99 • ISBN: 978-1-60010-106-9

The Transformers: Beast Wars: Sourcebook #3

Simon Furman & Ben Yee (w); Various (a); Don Figueroa (c)

Simon Furman (Transformers: Beast Wars: The Gathering) and Ben Yee (consultant on the Beast Wars TV series) continue to present an all-encompassing, unifying resource book highlighting the characters, worlds and technology from all generations and incarnations of BEAST WARS with the third volume of this informative collection. From AIR HAMMER to WOLFANG and beyond, and featuring all-new art from a host of the greatest TRANSFORMERS artists like Don Figueroa, Marcelo Matere, Robby Musso, Nick Roche, and many more, this is the series that explains everything you need to know about the world of the Beast Wars! 48 ad-free pages.

*Retailers: See your order form for a special incentive

FC • $6.99 • 48 pages

The Transformers: Best of the UK: Dinobots #4

Simon Furman (w); Will Simpson (a); Nick Roche, Retro Art (c)

A new chapter of DINOBOT lore begins with “In The National Interest.” Reporter Joyce Meadows declares robot-Master a hoax, and Triple-I decides that she must be silenced. Project: Centurion is accelerated and it will be up to SLUDGE and the DINOBOTS to come to the rescue. Nick Roche once again provides an all-new cover re-creating a classic scene from the issue!

*2 regular covers will be shipped in a 1-to-1 ratio.

*Retailers: See your order form for special incentives

FC • 32 pages • $3.99

The Transformers Magazine #4

Simon Furman, Chris Sarracini (w); José Delbo, Don Figueroa, James Raiz (a); Robby Musso (c)

Continuing with three tales that span THE TRANSFORMERS’ 20- year reign, this special full-color, 8-1/2” x 11” magazine format collection contains an early Marvel story (issue #57, “Resurrection Gambit”), the continuing Dreamwave run (Armada #4), and the latest contribution to TRANSFORMERS lore from IDW (Stormbringer #4). Artist Robby Musso (Transformers Spotlight: Ultra Magnus) provides a stunning new cover.

*Retailers: See your order form for a special incentive

$7.99 • FC • 8-1/2 x 11 • 72 pages
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Presumably Ascending #4 should be on this list too as BW is running a month late. Yeah?
zigzagger

Post by zigzagger »

Hard to say. As far as IDW is concerned it is coming out in November:
http://idwpublishing.com/solicit/nov07.shtml
Lately however (as you mentioned), IDW's titles (though this may have something to due with shipping, etc) have been tardy. So, yeah, it just may as well be December, considering that the first issue of Ascending was originally due in August. I always assume these solicitations are tentative anyway.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

So no EJ Su on Devastation 4? Is it just the one issue or have I missed him not being on the earlier ones?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Su's wife is having a baby -- Roche is filling in for him on #3. As much as I love Roche, his issue's going to look remarkably different to the other installments. Apparently Guido was asked to do #3 but it clashed with his schedule.
inflatable dalek

Originally posted by Aardvark
Su's wife is having a baby --
Awwww. They should call him/her Itneverends in honour of Daddy's day job.
Apparently Guido was asked to do #3 but it clashed with his schedule.

Doing what? :eek:
Aardvark

Post by Aardvark »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
Awwww. They should call him/her Itneverends in honour of Daddy's day job.

Doing what? :eek:

Eh... stuff? :glance:
----> Guido:
Thanks, but Chris actually asked me for that too... unfortunately at the moment I couldn't put that in my schedule.
Can't say how much I regret to not have been able to work on a main G1 issue. Crying or Very sad
(and last time I did a G1 issue DW closed its doors even before finish it...
perhaps I'm doomed to never touch G1 stuff
inflatable dalek

Originally posted by Aardvark
Eh... stuff? :glance:

Ah yeah, I see how it would be hard to fit that in his schedule.

Seriously though, is he doing lots of other comic work or does it just clash with his hours down at El Tesco?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

From what I dimly recall, he's doing other comics work (for European publishers?) and has been since before Hearts of Steel as an ongoing thing.
Neuronutter
Protoform

Post by Neuronutter »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
So no EJ Su on Devastation 4? Is it just the one issue or have I missed him not being on the earlier ones?

Roche is filling in on art duties on 3 and Musso's on 4. Su will be back for 5.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

WOOHOO!!!! DOCTOR WHO STARTS IN DECEMBER! AND JANUARY!

I might have to start picking up Star Trek as well. My wallet curses the name of Chris Ryall!
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642