25 Greatest Moments Feedback.

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
inflatable dalek

25 Greatest Moments Feedback.

Post by inflatable dalek »

Compiled from the Crowning Moments of Awesome thread earlier in the year, those of you who look at the main page will know we've done a special run down/analasis for the anniversary: http://tfarchive.com/fandom/features/th ... s-moments/

So, what do you think? Good choices, bad, did we leave off your favourite? What is this goblin song?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

I like this! Thumbs up! :up:

Note to self: watch 'The Agenda'.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

- I, as usual, got Simmons' first name wrong (Eugene, not Reginald)
- You spelt 'Zarak' wrong
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

We need a '25 Greatest Transformers' thread! :)

Reading through it, I don't recall Thunderwing assaulting the Ark with three other Decepticons. I think it was about four or five. (Quake, Crankcase, Ruckus, Windsweeper and Flamefeather, if memory serves correct. I think I might've listed one too many, but there's definitely more than three.)

EDIT: re-read the comic. Yup, there was five other with Thunderwing.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Exaggeration for comic effect?
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

This is great. :up:

Still kind of not getting the #3 Prime vs. SUV. For later scene, I still don't understand why OP does not just simply transform back to truck and take Sam and Mikaela hiding away instead of running around on the street and hanging under the bridge causing two humans to fall and re-captured by S7 (plus BB).

Again, thanks for generating this and this is great. :clap:
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Halfshell wrote:Exaggeration for comic effect?
No way, I think you'll find Prime literally finds Thunderwing funny.

I also think it's wrong to credit Orcman and Kurtzy for "I'll take you all on". The pair of tits seem intent on disowning anything anyone indicates they don't love, so why the pair of spineless ****ers (was it in the script that Skids and Mudflap couldn't read the glyphs, and thus the whole Jetfire subplot came from the voice actors? No) should get credit for when things go down well I don't know.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

... they said that Mudflap and Skids being unable to read wasn't in the script?

... and expect people to buy that?

Well, they did used to write for Alias...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

IIRC, they basically claimed anything even slightly questionable about the twins was the work of Bay and the VAs.
Notabot

Post by Notabot »

In defense of the twins' not being able to read, they do say they're ancient glyphs IIRC. It's sort of like someone looking at a scroll of Hebrew and saying, "That looks like Hebrew, but I don't know how to read it."
That is all the defense that I'll give to the twins, though.
Skidmark

Post by Skidmark »

Nobody thought Unicron transforming in the movie was cool?!! :glance:
(hears crickets)
Dammit.
"Some people are like slinkies, not really good for anything, but they still bring a smile to your face when you push them down a flight of stairs."

Movies I've seen recently:
Red
Johnny Got His Gun
A Clockwork Orange
Fight Club
Toy Story 3
Zombieland
Tenacious D The Pick of destiny
Watchmen
Summerhayes

Post by Summerhayes »

That's irritating, there wasn't really anything in there I could disagree with . . .
Though I might have taken out the "Optimus vrs SUV". That was seen was disapointing for me because the first time I saw it, i was sure Simmons saying "its time to talk" right before Optimus arrived was all set-up for someone else to say "no . . . its prime time!" or some equally lame one-liner. Ho hum.

Maybe replace that seen with ironhide's ridiculous slow-motion somersault.

And "I'll take you all on" and "Arrival to Earth" are definitely the best moments of Bay by far.
Sades

Post by Sades »

It's good! There are a couple of places that I think could have done with a touch more "fleshing out", though. it kind of wavers in-between detailed segments and not-so-detailed segments, but that might just be the nature of the beast. I of course agree with all the BW stuff (I might be a touch biased, ;) ). Good intro, too.

Nice work, guys. :)
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

To me, the SUV bit was really great just because it was the moment where the films showed they weren't going to be that ****ing cartoon. The Autobots might not want to harm any humans, but they're not above scaring the shit out of them for the greater good. I was really worried we'd have the same Prime as the cartoon, one hand permanently tied behind his back by a pathetically restrictive code of ethics that basically made him look like a wanker, and turned the alleged conflict into a game of cops and robbers. This was the arrival (on-screen; he'd been there or thereabouts the whole time in the comic) of Optimus Prime, a soldier in charge of one side in a civil war. At the same time (unlike the botched rip-off in one or the other of those dreary, dreary, dreary IDW mini-series) it doesn't over-egg things and sit there stroking itself about how damn EDGY it is.

The Ironhide/Ratchet/Jazz versus Brawlastator fight lost out a bit, partly because the whole thing was already quite "BIG FIGHT" orientated, and partly because all they really manage to do is knock him over for about five minutes until some soldiers, a cripple and a girl come and finish the job... IMO if a bit of the Mission City battle was to make it in, it'd be Starscream simply dropping out of the sky and taking out Ironhide and Ratchet in seconds - instant badass transplant for a character that usually had to take some macguffin plot device to be remotely threatening. As hilarious as Starscream's punch-bag status in RotF was (best bit: Prime shooting him repeatedly while he flailed and wailed in the warehouse scene), it did undermine the languid yet powerful style he had in the first film.

The Twins I still have trouble getting remotely offended by, possibly because I have a very difficult time accepting that robots can conform to human racial stereotypes. Where many seem to see black, I'm just seeing orange and lime. Not my favourite element of the film by a long chalk, but nothing to burn my Masterpiece Prime over...

The arrival on Earth sequence still sends chills down my spine; it's hard to think of many other times when Transformers were treated with such respect.
inflatable dalek

I think it's fair to say the ILM boys deserve the most praise for all the live action film moments, but crediting anyone other than the credited writers would have destroyed the entire format of the article. When Denyer gets back from his crimbo break I'll start annoying him about the mistakes [speaking of which, as he performed the final polish, sorted out half the pictures and put it up he deserves credit in the "Brought to you by" bit as well].

EDIT: As for the varying amount of length on the features, whilst I expanded most of the shorter ones stuff like Inferno's death didn't seem to need anything more in order to get the point across.
Savannahtron

Post by Savannahtron »

Pretty good read. Be honest with you, TFTM was pretty epic for me as a kid. Seeing Prime die along with a slew of other Autobots as well as the Rodimus Prime using the Matrix to destroy Unicron are a few of my most memorable Transformer favorites :)

Good job!
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

I liked the list but I'm not to versed in the Marvel comics.

I can certainly agree with the two live action choices.
Come on and wind me up.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Summerhayes wrote:That's irritating, there wasn't really anything in there I could disagree with
You're clearly not trying hard enough then.
Juanez Sanchez
Protoform

Post by Juanez Sanchez »

My fave moment was after the Marvel comics defeat of UNICRON the monstrous ary rose up from, the netherworld beneath cybertron.
What were those creatures called again??
PWNING ALL NOOBLETS[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
inflatable dalek

I don't think they were given a formal name in the comics, they were just demon things.