What do you want to see in the sequel?

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Vincent
Protoform

What do you want to see in the sequel?

Post by Vincent »

OK, so there's a sequel, YIPPEE!! Now, is there anything they can put in the movie that will make the movie alot better?

-I think most will agree with me here, but give the Transformers (Decepticons especially) extra exposure and dialogue.

-Longer battles. Prefferably that are a tad clearer than the ones in first movie.

-MORE IRONHIDE!!!11!!11 (c'mon, his scene was the best!)

-More interaction between the Transformers. We didn't see them talking to each other alot.

So that was short and vague, but what the heck. What do youwant to see?

As a side note, who will be the leader of the Decepticons in the movie? I mean, I'm saddened that Megatron is dead, so who can fill his shoes? Maybe they'll bring in Galvatron, which isn't a great idea.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I'm hoping that the All-Spark didn't kill Megatron, rather it temporarily shut him down, in order to reformat him as Galvatron, and that he'll return, with the power of the All-Spark, at his command.

Other than that, I'd love to see a firetruck, named Inferno, that Hasbro will repaint in baby blue and release as Hot Spot (he was one of the tfs I actually had from childhood, so yeah, I'm gonna be eternally pulling for him).
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

I'd like to see dialogue that wasn't, in actuality just handed to the credited writer's 14 year old son. At least, I'm assuming that's what happened with the first one given all of the "jokes".

I dunno, more robots, more stuff blowing up, maybe some actual characterisation for, y'know, at least one character.
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

Originally posted by RID Scourge
I'm hoping that the All-Spark didn't kill Megatron, rather it temporarily shut him down, in order to reformat him as Galvatron, and that he'll return, with the power of the All-Spark, at his command.

Other than that, I'd love to see a firetruck, named Inferno, that Hasbro will repaint in baby blue and release as Hot Spot (he was one of the tfs I actually had from childhood, so yeah, I'm gonna be eternally pulling for him).

That's a nice to give Megatron a chance, really. I think it could very well work in the movie.

I'm hazy on my Transformers. Is Hot Spot and Inferno one and the same?

On a side note, didn't Hasbro lose the rights or something to names such as Jazz and Shockwave and had to go for Meister and Shockblast? How did they get the names back for the movie? (Shockwave appeared in the game, if you're curious)
maybe some actual characterisation for, y'know, at least one character.
There actually was some characterisation, just not enough. I mean, we got a good glimpse of Prime and a tad bit of Ironhide and Jazz, but not much of anyone else.

One last thing, am I the only one who thinks Starscream's design is butt-ugly?
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Vincent
On a side note, didn't Hasbro lose the rights or something to names such as Jazz and Shockwave and had to go for Meister and Shockblast? How did they get the names back for the movie? (Shockwave appeared in the game, if you're curious) [/B]

There's nothing ton stop them calling a character by those names, they just can't copyright them as they would need to in order to have toys called that. Hence Jazz's toy being called Autobot Jazz. Is Shockwave actually in the game? I know there's a red drone character with a Shockerish head, but isn't his toy called Swerve or somesuch?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Scorponok2007
Protoform

Post by Scorponok2007 »

- Mega machines like Devastator, Menasor, Bruticus, Defensor, Superion etc.

- Triple change machines like Astrotrain, Blitzwig etc.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Scorponok2007
- Mega machines like Devastator

Devastator was in the Movie!

Hmmm, we really need a RIRFIB style thing for that.
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Vincent
Protoform

Post by Vincent »

Yes, there were alot of drones that a single huge lens as a head. I remember seeing of a toy with that kind of head (which transformed into a helicopter) called Dreadwing.

Either way, yes, Shockwave does appear in the game (he is reffered to by that name) and, in my most humble opinion, he kicks ass. He transforms into a huge stationary cannon AND a military chopper! If I know military vehicles well, I think it was an Apache.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I'm hazy on my Transformers. Is Hot Spot and Inferno one and the same?

Hot Spot was the leader of the protectobots.

He was a different mold from Inferno, but I figure the best way to see him in plastic, again, is if he were a repaint, since Inferno would most likely get first dibs on a fire truck alt mode, and they probably wouldn't make two firetrucks for the same line.

Shame that the original Botcon went under before they could produce the Defensor they had planned.

With regards to names, Jazz is a name that they felt could not be defended, if a trademark dispute were filed, since it's pretty generic.

Shockwave was lost, for a while, to Lanard (they make Corps, a lesser brand of soldier toys that uses the GI Joe o-ring construction (GI Joe has just ditched that design, in favor of a new design, as of this year)), but they just recently got it back and cemented it with the cybertron minicon two-packs.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

There actually was some characterisation, just not enough. I mean, we got a good glimpse of Prime and a tad bit of Ironhide and Jazz, but not much of anyone else.
No, no, I like killing things, I'm a tard trying but failing to be a bad racial stereotype, and I love quoting geewun is not, as a rule, considered characterisation.
Scorponok2007
Protoform

Post by Scorponok2007 »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
Devastator was in the Movie!

I'm talking about the original Devastator, not Brawl who had been labelled as "Devastator" by mistake.
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

I'd like to see the usual...nudity, sex...errr...wait now...

I have heard speculation that Jazz will be returning, somehow rebuilt. Should this happen, I want to see if they actually pull it off in a meaningful way, or if the pull the Smallville-esque quick cop out. "Oh, I was dead...but I'm not now...thanks Ratchet!" I'd rather see his death mean something and have him stay dead...but again, it is about marketing!

I'd like to see either a meaningful conversion of Megatron to Galvatron and see him struggle with that conversion, or I'd like to see Galvatron introduced as an entirely different entity from Megatron outright...say a warlord from Cybertron of some sort, who Starscream ran off to fetch after the Con defeat. Have him arrive with some meaningful Decepticons, Soundwave, Shockewave, etc. and proceed to wipe out humanity...realizing that will never happen, how about a Decepticon invasion of France? Imagine the comedy gold that could ensue!

*The Decepticons land in Paris...expecting heavy resistance are heavily armed. French leadership immediately surrender the country and pledge full support of the new Decepticon regime. The flag of France is immediately replaced with hastily drawn Decepticon logos blazed across German flags (obviously prepared well in advance for their perceived invaders)

Galvatron: This was almost...I can't even say it...

Starscream: What a ****ing joke, what are we supposed to do now?

Soundwave: I hear Normandy is lovely this time of year...

Starscream: Really?

Shockwave: Their wine also has quite a reputation...something you can relate to, eh Starscream?

The Decepticons have a hearty laugh...proceed to two hours of Decepticons making French jokes, while doing sightseeing, the Autobots arrive at the end...make dramatic statements, blah blah blah...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Galvatron91
I have heard speculation that Jazz will be returning, somehow rebuilt.

Likely stems from the tech spec for the new G1esque redeco... backstory to it is that he survived and he asked to be recoloured to pass the time whilst convalescing.

Far as I can surmise, they wouldn't have made such a point of him being deaded if they had any intent of reviving him. Especially when you consider Frenzy survived decapitation...
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

Originally posted by Brendocon
Likely stems from the tech spec for the new G1esque redeco... backstory to it is that he survived and he asked to be recoloured to pass the time whilst convalescing.

Far as I can surmise, they wouldn't have made such a point of him being deaded if they had any intent of reviving him. Especially when you consider Frenzy survived decapitation...

Remember the first rule of movie making and toy making...if there is money to be made...etc. etc.
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Unicron! ... no, no, no... just kidding... that would be awful.

First off, stick with Spike and Makayla as the only main human characters and focus a lot more attention on the actual Transformers.

I'd like to see Starscream come back with a fleet of Decepticon jets claiming himself to be the new leader of Decepticons. They could bring in Thundercracker, Skywarp, the Conheads, Blitzwing and Astrotrain. They could also include Soundwave, who is only with Starscream to find Megatron and revive him. Then the classic 'Megatron! I thought you were dead!' moment can happen.

They can beat up on the Autobots currently there and take over a city or something. Then reinforcements who were 'taking refuge among the stars' can show up and make things a lot more even. Bring in Prowl, Sideswipe, Sunstreaker, Hound and maybe even Hot Rod and Ultra Magnus. Then you got your huge battle, maybe in a different setting than a city.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

I'd be intrigued as to how they'd practically work Blitzwing... though I think Astrotrain would be stretching it a bit far.
barricade818
Protoform

Post by barricade818 »

I think it would be cool if they did something with the Combaticons, and if they told us a little more about the Transformers, like why they hot glued all their rifles to their arms.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Actually, aren't triple changers more or less redundant with the easy-change scanning method of disguise?
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Good point. Well made. HE BRINGS LOGIC INTO THE THREAD! BURN HIM! BURN HIM NOW!!!!

The easy scan method can however make Duocons sensible, if they get confused and scan two vehicles at once. Yes, friends, you know where I'm going with this. It's obvious to all what I want to see in the sequel...
Clay

Post by Clay »

I think a movie based on "Master Builders" could work well. It was one of best completely wasted ideas of the original cartoon in my opinion.

The way this first movie has ended, the second could begin with the Constructicons arriving and masquerading as Autobots, assuming Prime and Co. haven't run into them before. Then just use the basic plot of "Master Builders" and you could have a strong plot- and character-driven movie, with as much, if not more, smashy-smashy at the end as the first one.

Actually, do you think if I went to the Don Murphy forum and posted that, he would listen? No? Oh, well...