[RID,UT] RiD is better than G1 cartoon!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cliffjumper

RiD is better than G1 cartoon!

Post by Cliffjumper »

Simple as that. Just seen Battle Protocol. Say, 2400 times better than MTMTE.
Ravage_mk2
Protoform

Post by Ravage_mk2 »

I wouldn't state such an argument untill you've seen all 37 episodes.(they dont air 21 and 22)
Plasmodium

<-----

Post by Plasmodium »

Thats crazy talk, your entitled to your opinion, but as you move along through the series that will most likely change.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Ravage_mk2
I wouldn't state such an argument untill you've seen all 37 episodes.(they dont air 21 and 22)
I've seen all of Car Robots. Why the Hell should I have to see the whole bloody series to evaluate it against MTMTE? In episode 30 of RiD do we find out that the previous 29 have all been a dream? I doubt it.

And I was massively impressed by the US voice casting. If I'd been told beforehand that that was Peter Cullen, I'd have believed it.

The animation is better.
The plot is better.
Things are stupid because they're meant to be stupid, not because it's drawn/written by someone with a talent deficit.
While there was exposition, it wasn't delivered with a sledgehammer.
The Predacons actually get things done.
The charatcers don't seem to have any reappearing/disappearing abilities.
The human ally actually acts a little like someone in that situation would.
There was actually a coherent plot, rather than a collection of loose setpieces to highlight toys.
And best of all, getting across the sea involed absolutely zero f*cking waterskiing.
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

I will reserve judgement until I have seen the entire series, but I have just seen 'Battle Protocol' and I was very impressed with it. Looks promising. Damn I'm so happy that RiD has reached the UK! :D
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

Well having seen most of the episodes I don't think it is better than G1. I don't like that annoying woman, and Side Burn's red sports car fetish is getting pretty boring. :rolleyes: Also, why are the Predacons even there? At the start they were perceived as a threat but once the Decepticons were introduced they became a joke.
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Hound

Post by Hound »

Better than MTMTE? Blasphemy!!!!

I like RiD but the way the Predacons were portrayed especially Sky Byte and the whole red car fetish that Side Burn had ranks this cartoon way way WAAAAY below G1. Sky Byte should've been a total badass like he was before Scourge showed up. I don't like the way that a character was totally unstoppable in the 1st ep they are in then gets smacked around when the next new character appears. I do however like that the series had an overall plot to it and it worked towards an ending. The G1 series could've used that. However, the G1 series had better characters and better voice actors.
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Lemming
Protoform

Post by Lemming »

I dislike RID for these reasons:

1. It seems very childish
2. Optimus voice sucks
3. The Predicons become worthless after the decpticons show up
4. The bad guys are completely outnumbered in almost every fight
5. There's almost no plot before they start searching for the o-parts (about the last 6 episodes)

There are some redeeming qualities like the cool animation, and good voice acting, but its far from being better than g1.

I'll give you guys one thing though it is certainly better than g2.
Ulticron
Protoform

Post by Ulticron »

Quicksilver i'm on ure side this time. G1 was fun to watch but personally i find it has little rewatch value. Fire Convoy/Prime is as good of a leader as the original Optimus Prime. Black Convoy/Scourge was a very original and brilliant idea. There's action, suspense, drama and comedy all wrapped up in one show, and no nasty little animation or story errors like in G1. CR/RiD is/was a brilliant series, but i'm afraid in time it'll be forgotten by most fans Xcept those that zealously loved it, and i for one will keep the show alive in my heart and mind.
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

G1 was fun to watch but personally i find it has little rewatch value
Personally I think the opposite. I think G1 has great re-watch value and it is RiD that has little re-watch value.
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Hound

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by Galvatron84
Personally I think the opposite. I think G1 has great re-watch value and it is RiD that has little re-watch value.
Same here
Ultimate Weapon

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

The man is insane I tell yah insane nyah![/]Fred Grime
Shrapnel Clone

Post by Shrapnel Clone »

Originally posted by Lemming
I'll give you guys one thing though it is certainly better than g2.
Yes, and since the G2 cartoon is, except some details, the same as the G1 cartoon, RiD is better than G1 QED.

I think MTMTE is better than Battle Protocol, but overal RiD is much better than G1. Too bad some of the episodes consist only of the transforming sequences.
"I dunno about you, but whenever I get confused I always mutilate the person next to me."
-Cliffjumper
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Y'know, it honestly says a lot for the 'G1' series if fans think it can be totally undermined and destroyed be a few miscellaneous graphics, doesn't it?

"Oh, SOS Dinobots is a classic. Mind, if you substitute a CGI screen for the Autobot/Decepticon flippy thing, and put CGI titles and ad bumpers, it's pathetic and I wouldn't watch the thing!"

I love G1 fans. They're so easy to run rings around...
The Wild One

Bull****

Post by The Wild One »

There is no absolute plot what so ever in RID. Scourge is completly unoriginal. C'mon, evil optimus has already been done. Half the characters in the series are remakes of old G1 or machine wars toys. Plot.....show where it is. The series barely followed the plot started at the begining of the series. All new anime is very unoriginal from the get go because they rip plots and stories from other anime. The whole series is a complete show of unoriginality. No one can find it or prove it. So far it has rip about ten cartoons and only wishes it could hold a candle to the original series, which it rips off.
It's time to get wild!!!!!
The Wild One
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Could you like... give some examples before people nastier tan me start tearing your post apart. Ah, what the heck. I´ll do it myself.

<There is no absolute plot what so ever in RID.
Predacons come to Earth trying to get energy. They face autobots. Dr. Onishi and his son. We see decepticons arrive. Megatron/Scourge/Sky Byte fight for power. Pime/Magnus relationship. Fortress Maximus story arc.

<Scourge is completly unoriginal. C'mon, evil optimus has already been done.
What do you refer? Scourge is completely different character than Optimus. Programming mix of Prime/Megatron/human. Traitorous decepticon.

<Half the characters in the series are remakes of old G1 or machine wars toys.
Your point?

<Plot.....show where it is. The series barely followed the plot started at the begining of the series.
For some plot points see above.

<All new anime is very unoriginal from the get go because they rip plots and stories from other anime. The whole series is a complete show of unoriginality. No one can find it or prove it. So far it has rip about ten cartoons and only wishes it could hold a candle to the original series, which it rips off.
Of course it has many same aspects than earlier cartoons/animes. It´s based on the same idea as G1; transforming robots. The question was: is it made better than G1. Many think it is. I think so too, but mostly because it is so short that there are not so many horrible episodes like in G1. ;)
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

...the Hell? Care telling me what was so original about G1? Just about every plot and/or concept was cribbed from something else, and they even reused the same plot half the time...
Hound

Post by Hound »

He's another one of those idiots that refuses to acknowledge anything good about a TF cartoon that isn't G1. OPEN YOUR EYES!!!!
ThatsJustPrime
Protoform

Both have their merits.

Post by ThatsJustPrime »

G1 to me was more serious, but featured occasional plot holes large enough to drive Optimus Prime through. The animation was occasionally sub-par. There was a greater variety of 'bots and 'cons with more depth to their character development.

on the other hand I will readily agree that RiD is a little more childish. the plots are mostly self-contained. bringing in Magnus as a rebellious powerhouse is an overdone plot point. the voice acting for most of the characters is excellent, as is the animation and transforming sequences.

I fear that some people are forgetting what these cartoons are; entertainment. Why not just credit each series with their respective advantages, sit back, and enjoy watching?

Can't wait to see what they'll do with Armada.
Ulticron
Protoform

Post by Ulticron »

Originally posted by The Wild One

There is no absolute plot what so ever in RID. Scourge is completly unoriginal. C'mon, evil optimus has already been done. Half the characters in the series are remakes of old G1 or machine wars toys. Plot.....show where it is. The series barely followed the plot started at the begining of the series. All new anime is very unoriginal from the get go because they rip plots and stories from other anime. The whole series is a complete show of unoriginality. No one can find it or prove it. So far it has rip about ten cartoons and only wishes it could hold a candle to the original series, which it rips off.

You know generally i'm a peaceful guy, but it's early and i'm in a bad mood and your a mouthy idiot so it's time you get put in your place noobie!!! Let's start off w/the ovbious my girlfriend who isn't a Transformer fan knows more about Transformers than you, and all she's watched is Beast Wars/Machines an part of G1 Season one.

Hmmmm Ok so Scourge is unoriginal eh? Evil Optimus already been done? So i guess that means you've watched ever TF series ever made right? Ok Smart guy let's go Series by series. G1/G2 hmmmm closest thing i can think of an evil optimus is when the quintesons bring the real Op back from the dead and program him to do a few bad things, but wait he was still doin good for the most part and that was all of 1 episode, so i guess you lose on that. Japanese Headmasters, hmmmmm, nope no evil Op there. Masterforce? There was God Ginrai, he looked similar to Op but not evil, so nothing there either. Victory? Again no evil Op. Beast Wars? They had an evil Dinobot, but no evil Op. Beast Wars II and Neo? No i'm pretty sure no evil Op there either. How bout Machines? Well Megs had a body built to look like Optimal's old body, but other than for ironic victory i don't think that counts as an evil Op. So guess what you lose on that point. NEXT!!!

Remade Characters? Hmmmm.... Look at the figures on my wall I just don't see it. So Prowl is the original Prowl? X-Brawn the comtemporary way to say Brawn? Oh wait WAIT I SEE IT NOW!!! Side Burn is really Hot Rod right? Just because toys molds are reused means absolutely nothing. Let's see does that mean Tigatron is nothing more than Cheetor cause he has the same mold? No i don't think so, and i really don't think you know what you're talking about either, you just like to complain!!! If you don't like the toys then don't buy them it's that simple!!!

No plot, really??? *LOL* and then you go and contradict yourself and say this "The series barely followed the plot started at the begining of the series. " Make up your mind it either has a plot or it doesn't!!! But let's go back to G1 and compair notes. Hmmm I'm pretty sure when they started the show originally it was their plan to kill off Optimus Prime and put Hot Rod in charge, who BTW didn't show up till the movie. So yeah G1 followed in the Xcat same direction it started out in. Beast Wars, yeah they more or less DIDN'T follow the direction it started in. Shows generally don't follow the direction they start in, it's called creativity.

Oh now this next statment really proves what a big moron you are "All new anime is very unoriginal from the get go because they rip plots and stories from other anime. " So smart guy how much Anime have you watched? Yeah it's true that Gundam Wing was considered the crapiest Gundam series in Japan, but then if you watch 08th team you'll see why. It really couldn't compete, but you know what Wing was original. I think you need a dictionary so you can understand what's coming outta your mouth or keyboard as the case may be, but more or less Anime is original.

"The whole series is a complete show of unoriginality. No one can find it or prove it. " Hmmm i'm proving you wrong. Just because a show doesn't have 100% new toys doesn't mean it's not original. If you knew anything about Transformers you'd realize that Beast Wars II and Neo used Original Beast Wars figures and some old TF figures to base their shows on. Reusing old toys isn't unoriginal, it's smart business simply because you don't have to pour a fortune into new molds. It's a money saving technique that the Japanes use. and RiD or Car Robots as it was called in Japan had several new toy molds to go along w/the old ones. The actual characters were unique in their personalities, unlike you who is a stereotypical moron that probably hasn't watched anything but G1, and you've probably only seen 8 episodes of that series too.

In conclusion when you actually learn something about Transformers and that includes G1 as well come back and debate. In the meantime

SHUT YOUR MOUTH MORON!!!