Some Star Wars news...!

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Redstreak
Protoform

Some Star Wars news...!

Post by Redstreak »

From darkhorizons.com's news page:

Star Wars: Episode III: George Lucas spoke with "E! News Daily" where he was asked the question of why C-3PO doesn't recognise as Vader? Lucas's answer was exactly what many fans were guessing but at least now its confirmed: "Well, one, his brains have, his memory system has been erased and so has R2's. So, they don't remember anything from the first trilogy. I'm telling you something from Episode 3, but I shouldn't be telling you that, but I think most of the fans already know that". The bigger news of today though was MTV apparently re-iterated rumours that Natalie Portman has signed on to be a part of the new scenes being filmed for Episode VI: Return Of The Jedi - she'll shoot scenes during the production of Episode III which'll then be reinserted to the DVD release of 'Jedi'. Thanks to 'Kenobi' & 'SQ'.

So apparently Padme' will be digitally inserted to ROTJ, probably as a ghost I'd imagine...makes me wonder then if at the end they will change the Anakin ghost at all, cuz he looks to be far older in there than we know Anakin will be(apx. 40-odd yrs old if he's 19 in Ep 2). If it holds true, a most intriguing development.

As for C3PO and R2D2...this does not surprise me, as it said, most Star Wars fans have always suspected that would happen. Confirmation without having to wait 3 years is mighty nice, though. :)
Jim

Post by Jim »

I hope the DVD uses alternate angles so purists can watch ROTJ original and/or the new editions to the movie.
S
Protoform

Post by S »

I wish Lucas had the guts to do what fans really want: Digitally enhanced DVD version of the Holiday Special! :D

(Seriously, I bet lots of folks would appreciate seeing the first appearance of Boba Fett. They could even redo that cartoon with CGI or something...)
- S
dai-atlas2000
Protoform

Post by dai-atlas2000 »

Originally posted by S
I wish Lucas had the guts to do what fans really want: Digitally enhanced DVD version of the Holiday Special! :D

(Seriously, I bet lots of folks would appreciate seeing the first appearance of Boba Fett. They could even redo that cartoon with CGI or something...)
Hmmm, forget releasing the SW Holiday special, just release that cartoon on its own. The Holiday Special itself is a complete and utter pile of steaming cr@p - and it makes you cringe to watch it.

The cartoon is the only decent part and would be the ***only*** reason I'd recommend anyone get it (that's if they can find a decent copy!)

If you are after the cartoon, check out: http://www.sith.co.uk.

Believe me - don't pay money for the SW:HS. It is dire beyond belief (even worse than episode 1!!!!)

:(
Dai
(offical tea-boy and unofficial Alt ID of Snake)
RARRRR!!RR!!RRR!R!
*Predaking*
Protoform

Post by *Predaking* »

Well that still doesn't explain why Owen Lars don't remember C3P0 in ANH. Is his memory wiped as well?
"I'm the best there is, the best there was and
the best there ever will be"
Bret “Hitman" Hart
WlNTERMUTE
Protoform

Re: Some Star Wars news...!

Post by WlNTERMUTE »

Originally posted by Redstreak

So apparently Padme' will be digitally inserted to ROTJ, probably as a ghost I'd imagine...makes me wonder then if at the end they will change the Anakin ghost at all, cuz he looks to be far older in there than we know Anakin will be(apx. 40-odd yrs old if he's 19 in Ep 2). If it holds true, a most intriguing development.
I think its generally assumed that the dark side corrupts the flesh as well as the mind (like smoking?), so there will probalbly be no change. I wonder if the Padme' scenes will be her as an old woman in hiding on a secluded planet watching the news or something.
WlNTERMUTE
Protoform

Post by WlNTERMUTE »

Originally posted by *Predaking*
Well that still doesn't explain why Owen Lars don't remember C3P0 in ANH. Is his memory wiped as well?
that's a darn good question that i thought i had a good answer to, but it's not so hot. anyway, there are a lot of protocol droids out there, and Threepio looks a heckuva lot better in A New Hope than AOTC. Also, its been a while and owen doesn't seem to pay much attention to him in ANH. just buys him and then he runs away.
Pun-3X

Re: Re: Some Star Wars news...!

Post by Pun-3X »

Originally posted by WlNTERMUTE

I think its generally assumed that the dark side corrupts the flesh as well as the mind (like smoking?), so there will probalbly be no change. I wonder if the Padme' scenes will be her as an old woman in hiding on a secluded planet watching the news or something.
Well, thing was Leia already stated to Luke that she(Padme) had died when she was very young.

She also can't, or shouldn't be, a spirit at the end, because She is non-Jedi, and I thought that was a particular point of the scene.

Well, we'll see.
Ultimate Weapon

Re: Re: Re: Some Star Wars news...!

Post by Ultimate Weapon »

Originally posted by Pun-3X

Well, thing was Leia already stated to Luke that she(Padme) had died when she was very young.

She also can't, or shouldn't be, a spirit at the end, because She is non-Jedi, and I thought that was a particular point of the scene.

Well, we'll see.
Its possible that when Anakin and Padme copulate they share the Medi-chlorians of which Anakin has many. So maybe she will show up.
Is it also possible that Qui-Gon will not show up as a ghost cuz he was an agent of Dooku?
Redstreak
Protoform

Re: Re: Re: Re: Some Star Wars news...!

Post by Redstreak »

Originally posted by Ultimate Weapon

Is it also possible that Qui-Gon will not show up as a ghost cuz he was an agent of Dooku?
I'm interested to hear your theory on this one(I'm not drawing any conclusions other than Sidious = Palpatine until the last movie comes out, so nyah :p); how did you come to that conclusion?
GeneralObsidian
Protoform

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Some Star Wars news...!

Post by GeneralObsidian »

Originally posted by Redstreak

I'm interested to hear your theory on this one(I'm not drawing any conclusions other than Sidious = Palpatine until the last movie comes out, so nyah :p); how did you come to that conclusion?
I've heard that too. Ever notice that Qui-gon didn't disappear when he died? Unlike Obi-wan and Yoda. It's supposedly because he had become corrupted by the dark side. Only a theory based on the fact that they had to burn his body, like Luke did with Dark Vader at the end of ROTJ.
Ultimate Weapon

Well i draw this theory form its og source. In AOTC Dooku asks Obi Wan to join him. And he states that Qui Gon was his apprentice who was helping him to oust the dark side from the senate. Which is just a lie, so all the Jedi were blinded by this mistruth
Starscreamer
Protoform

Post by Starscreamer »

he never said qui gon was helping him but that if he was alive he WOULD help him
Wildfire Herald

Post by Wildfire Herald »

Well, the idea me and my friends thought explained why Qui Gon didn't dissappear was that he wasn't meditating at the time. Hear me out, when Obi Wan died, he stopped fighting and concentrated right before Vader killed him, and then Yoda closes his eyes and seems really at rest before he dissappears. Qui Gon on the other hand wasn't really planning on dying right then, sure he may have known he wasn't going to walk out of that battle alive, but he didn't forsee Maul killing him just then, or maybe he was corrupted, who knows. We also have a theory that Anakin dissappeared as well, it's just not shown, and Luke is burning just his armor in a ceremonial way.
R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

"That's Claypool for ya; he's against a harmless drug, but for date-rape..."
"Just say "NO!" to Gonadial Irradiation." - Snake

"I would ride that pony in the most illegal and obscene way possible. " - Spengs

My want list
I need ROTS Clone Troopers
Pun-3X

Post by Pun-3X »

Well, Obi-wan I can understand, but Yoda seeming really at rest was probably because he was...well, really dead. In fact, he barely breathed the last word "Sky...wa..lk....eeeerrrrr..." and died.

But:

I think their bodies simply vanished because they had reached a great plane in the Force, where Qui-Gon had probably not. Also note in the movie all the dead Jedi all around the arena. Their bodies didn't disappear.

It's probably because Obi-Wan and Yoda had reached such a zenith point in the Force. (Yoda obviously more so than Obi-Wan) Based on this, I have a feeling that Mace Windu when he dies (we all know he'll have to) will disappear too.

Anyway, that's my theory.
Redstreak
Protoform

Post by Redstreak »

Originally posted by Pun-3X
Well, Obi-wan I can understand, but Yoda seeming really at rest was probably because he was...well, really dead. In fact, he barely breathed the last word "Sky...wa..lk....eeeerrrrr..." and died.

But:

I think their bodies simply vanished because they had reached a great plane in the Force, where Qui-Gon had probably not. Also note in the movie all the dead Jedi all around the arena. Their bodies didn't disappear.

It's probably because Obi-Wan and Yoda had reached such a zenith point in the Force. (Yoda obviously more so than Obi-Wan) Based on this, I have a feeling that Mace Windu when he dies (we all know he'll have to) will disappear too.

Anyway, that's my theory.
Good theory. I have one as well:

Qui-Gon and Syphadias are/were the same person. The corruption by the dark side of Qui-Gon is entirely possible, and we don't get a full glimpse of the dead Jedi in the arena, closest we have is Obi-Wan checking on one just before the final confrontation, so really it's a tough call far as that goes.

They aren't done with him, that's for sure, and they had said there was going to be explanation in Episode 2 as to why he didn't disappear. Didn't come. I think both Yoda and Obi-Wan were at a level of mental serenity at the time they died...kind of an inner peace kind of deal. Maybe, anyway. It's tough to speculate without more to work with, that much is certain.
The Plant
Protoform

Re: Re: Re: Re: Some Star Wars news...!

Post by The Plant »

when Anakin and Padme copulate
You make it sound so dirty!
Good theories, all of them. I don't necessarily believe them though. I believe the vanishing is ultimately irrelevant. I don't c y Qui Gon should be in the end ghost scene in ROTJ because he did not affect Luke's life directly in any way. Padme being there is borderline.....
If Padme's there, Luke's Uncle Owen should be there too, along with his wife, Luke's aunt. Since they raised him and all. Luke was too small to even remember Padme.
Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly, the ill deeds along with the good...and let me be judged accordingly. The rest...is silence.
Wildfire Herald

Post by Wildfire Herald »

That would suck if Qui Gon was really evil....
R.I.P. Hunter S. Thompson

"That's Claypool for ya; he's against a harmless drug, but for date-rape..."
"Just say "NO!" to Gonadial Irradiation." - Snake

"I would ride that pony in the most illegal and obscene way possible. " - Spengs

My want list
I need ROTS Clone Troopers
Ultimate Weapon

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Some Star Wars news...!

Originally posted by The Plant

You make it sound so dirty!
So they F*cked is that better for you, Mr. Fern?
GeneralObsidian
Protoform

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Some Star Wars news...!

Post by GeneralObsidian »

So they F*cked is that better for you, Mr. Fern?
Works for me. So does "Makin' with the love" and "Laying Pipe". :D