New New TF Comics TF Cartoon Comic Forum Subforum

Problem? Question? Suggestion? Post it here.
Cliffjumper

New New TF Comics TF Cartoon Comic Forum Subforum

Post by Cliffjumper »

Okay, maybe I'm just being a bit dim, but surely this is just siphoning 90-odd percent of the discussion in that forum off? I mean, why do they need to be in a seperate forum? Just abandoning the rest of it to the "Wot is yr fav. Autobot car?!?!?!?" crowd (no offence, like)?
Hound

Post by Hound »

I'd say it's a ploy by me to drain the TF forum of any discussion thus making it easier for me to mod, but I had nothing to do with it...
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
abandoning the rest of it to the "Wot is yr fav. Autobot car?!?!?!?" crowd (no offence, like)?
Did that a long time ago.

No, it's so I don't need to keep lists of where the threads are, and also an indirect way of getting people to actually bother to read the site...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by Denyer
No, it's so I don't need to keep lists of where the threads are, and also an indirect way of getting people to actually bother to read the site...

I don't follow, so you're probably utterly correct. I mean, I could point out where I don't follow, but you'd just have to explain it to me slowly and with diagrams, and I'd look dim. Couldn't you just say "Because I wanted to, bitch!!!" :(

Wow, EastEnders copped out bigtime. I mean, no deaths?
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

No, no, it's okay! I've got it! Neat :)

God, I'd do Lily Allen.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

God, I'd do Lily Allen.

I take it insertnamehere only frequents GD then?
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Originally posted by inflatable dalek
I take it insertnamehere only frequents GD then?

Probably, but she'd do Lily Allen too, so I doubt she's that fussed...
thunderwing22
Protoform

Post by thunderwing22 »

this has nothing to do with the subject I just subscribed and i draw comics i just graduated from art school and i drew 3 pages from the transformers comics from marvel issue 65 to be exact i am not very good with computers but i was wondering if you would like to see them and rate them i put my own twist to them i am 26 years old and probably one of the biggest transformer fans out there i am conacting first at random i just bought a computer i hope i m not bothering you my msn is anderwgoals@hotmail.com if you want to contact me thanks
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

inflatable dalek

Probably, but she'd do Lily Allen too, so I doubt she's that fussed...

She looked rather bangable on T4 today and I normally wouldn't...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Right, now I totally get that she's only famous because her dad's famous... but what the hell is Keith Allen actually famous for?

Other than being Keith Allen.

I mean I can't remember anything about him prior to appearing in the video for World in Motion. What does he actually do? Other than pop up in various tv/film/videos playing Keith Allen...

Gods the Beeb's Robin Hood is crap...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I rather enjoyed. Dunno why. Possibly because it's basically King of Thieves but with less dodgy accents (though the loss of Alan Rickman is bad I'll grant you - this was Men in Tights' largest failing...)

He was Comic Strip for a while, to be fair (cf. "The Bullshtters", "The Supergrass" a/o), and he's a Fulham fan. Made more of a name for himself on late night discussion shows, though, often pissed.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

He was Comic Strip for a while

Ah. That explains it.

To be honest, I couldn't make out much of the dialogue... I thought the camerawork, direction and gurning was pretty cliched... subtlety sort of went out of the window. Loved the whole "impassioned verbose speech whilst people are HANGING TO DEATH" aspect. I mean he couldn't have done the plea bit once they were all cut down?

Points for everybody having perfect hair, though. I think Robin even had highlights...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

That sort of show, I thought. I was expecting it to be absolute bollocks (the trails made it look like some diabolical EDGY thing), so was pleasantly surprised when it was just bollocks. Dunno, more believable than X-Factor and more fun that going to the pub with colleague/friend who just bangs on about how ill she is and can't shut up about work. Comedy hairpin throwing, too. Could have brought back Gary and Graeme, though :( Dunno, Robin Hood's always been well-silly and with about as much period feeling as Allo Allo...

To be fair, looking at his page at IMDB, Keith does seem to have been getting roles for Being Keith Allen since about 1986 :o
SHOCKERS
Protoform

Post by SHOCKERS »

Could have brought back Gary and Graeme, though :(

:laugh: I thought Robin was quite funny,y'know with his patchwork flares and self-made 'studio flat'.
''Every experiment needs a guineapigatron!''
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

To be fair, the new one does appear to be following the same principles.

"Robin, Nottingham has challenged you to a duel to the left of the Forest tomorrow at half 3!"

"I can't make it, I'm having my designer stubble reprofiled at 3:25, then going for a frappucino"
SHOCKERS
Protoform

Post by SHOCKERS »

LOL! Surely that's a que for the people of Worksop to break into song?

Haven't watched the new show yet,but now i'm slightly intrigued.The BBC does have this deluded tendency to try and re-capture the fabled 'Golden Era' of prime time viewing.
''Every experiment needs a guineapigatron!''
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Apparantly the series is a roaring success because the first ep got slightly more viewers than Ant & Dec. This doubtless means it's getting a second series.

Sod the fact that the only reason I watched it at all was because I was mildly curious and didn't have the willpower to change the channel having been bored to death by what they were desperately trying to pass off as a football match...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Yeh, shame they had to cut short before cutting away to scenes of the peasants in Macedonia rejoicing tearfully after their plucky little football team held Mighty Moral World Champions England to a draw (after getting in the Mighty English half on several occasions, no less!).

I mean, I know the BBC tends to take the moral highground and run less reality TV than its' rivals, but swinging towards utter fantasists like the MotD team is going a little too far... I mean, after the rubbish Motty, Shearer, That C*nt Ian Wright etc. trotted out, that you can bang out an off-the-cuff moralistic speech while saving youths from hanging (without your dramatic delay causing any neck trauma to boot) came as a welcome dose of hard FACT.
inflatable dalek

I was put off Robin Hood when one of the trailers shamelessly nicked the flaming arrow bit from the Bryan Adams video... Oh allright the Yankee Robin film.