After the theme to an 80s cartoon...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Denyer

After the theme to an 80s cartoon...

Post by Denyer »

http://www.vandegrift.net/evert/retro_main.html

It's called "The Bluffers", the link's dead, and I've had no joy pulling things out of Google so far.

On a side-note, how many of those do you recognise? :)
homerbot
Protoform

Post by homerbot »

i recognise alot but i believe i have seen somewhere near 27 of them

and these are all older than me i think
Words suck. Down with words! -saysadie
To actually say which candidate has the better Iraq policy is like saying which Twinkie is more healthy. -Ultimate Weapon
I'd totally hit that Krystal chick...if she were real and sex with animals wasn't illegal. -Drspengler
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Remembered most of them...

They have the SPC, though.:D
homerbot
Protoform

Post by homerbot »

also, i have heard funny things about the a team
such things as that they could each be given loaded machine guns and several clips, unload on a crowd and not kill anyone
To actually say which candidate has the better Iraq policy is like saying which Twinkie is more healthy. -Ultimate Weapon
I'd totally hit that Krystal chick...if she were real and sex with animals wasn't illegal. -Drspengler
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by homerbot
also, i have heard funny things about the a team
such things as that they could each be given loaded machine guns and several clips, unload on a crowd and not kill anyone

Pretty much. They're worse than the characters in a Bond movie, meaning every criminal/innocent bystander/plucky youngster with a criminal record and a heart of gold can rest easy (secure in the knowledge that Hannibal, despite being a highly-trained commando, couldn't hit them with an elephant gun from ten paces).

I think the only things to get shot in that show were the following:

-Well placed drums of flammable fluid.

-Murdock's teddy bear (which made him go postal, as I recall)

-The front wheel of any speeding jeep loaded with heavily-armed nogoodnicks, which invariably sent the thing careening over the ramps that every small town/orphanage/locally owned farmers' coop seems to have decided adds to the property value

-Whatever heavily armed tank B.A. managed to cobble together from an Edsel and two tons of sheet metal
Gesani
Protoform

Post by Gesani »

wow.. i remember 43 of those shows..... and i am not that old either..

Of course you can only get a few of those on DVD... i seen the first season of Knight Rider the other night at Walmart...
only if they could bring more back either on DVD or by rerun..

edit:44.. i missed the gummi bears....
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

Off that list i reconigze and have seen 75 .
I remember most of them ...and now i want to see those again :glance:
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

63 that I remember clearly, about another 10 that I half remember.
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Didn't bother counting, but I remember a lot of them. Wish I had episodes for many of them. They could use an English-language version of David the Gnome...
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

I wasn't going to bother counting myself, but it beats actually doing work. The thing that surprised me most is how many of the ones I don't remember I'm actually quite familiar with due to the internet and nostalgia culture.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

That site brings back memories:

Heathcliff-One of the great theme tunes.

The Raccoons-I remember the movie, that seesm out of contunity from the cartoon I remember, am I right?

Does anybody remember a cartoon called vicky the viking? I recall enjoying it hugely and that he rubbed his finger under his nose to get an idea.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Vaguely. The names not familiar, but a viking with the nose-rubbing is.
bluekatt
Protoform

Post by bluekatt »

I remember it as wicki the viking .
And after looking it up on google i rememberd jayce and the wheeld warriors as well. Used to had a toy of it.
and if you cut your self you wil think you are happy

come as you are as you were as i want you to be come doused in mud soaked in bleach come as a friend as a known enemy
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

59 personally, which is kinda scary. Many of them were things I tended to watch on holiday, though...

Caught the site at a time it had bandwidth. That's one half-memory I can lay to rest, along with the big red Dai-X robot, and Laputa: The Castle in the Sky. That last one drove me crazy for years... it's great being able to dig up this kind of stuff online now...
The Raccoons-I remember the movie, that seesm out of contunity from the cartoon I remember, am I right?
The part of my head which retrieves vague impressions is agreeing, anyway.
King Fargo
Protoform

Post by King Fargo »

I saw about 34 of those while growing up.
Sig? I don't need no steenkin' sig!
homerbot
Protoform

Post by homerbot »

Originally posted by Denyer
59 personally, which is kinda scary. Many of them were things I tended to watch on holiday, though...

Caught the site at a time it had bandwidth. That's one half-memory I can lay to rest, along with the big red Dai-X robot, and Laputa: The Castle in the Sky. That last one drove me crazy for years... it's great being able to dig up this kind of stuff online now...

The part of my head which retrieves vague impressions is agreeing, anyway.
its not that scary, weren't all these made in the eighties? the age i was born 24 days after:rant: ?
i totally missed the eighties:(
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Originally posted by Denyer

Laputa is on DVD now, it's just titled 'castle in the sky' as Laputa was 'offensive' to someone. It's been redubbed though.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Originally posted by Jetfire 2.1
Laputa is on DVD now, it's just titled 'castle in the sky' as Laputa was 'offensive' to someone. It's been redubbed though.

Well, it does mean "the whore" in some countries, so I'm not all that surprised.
Jetfire

Post by Jetfire »

Originally posted by angloconvoy
Well, it does mean "the whore" in some countries, so I'm not all that surprised.

It also means the 'bitch'. But not in english.....
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

I think its transposable to mean either of those, which, now we are supposed to be integrating into europe more, would be an offensive thing to put on shelves in the children's/family section.