[Death's Head] Justifying my position as mod of a comic forum...

Chat about stuff other than Transformers.
Denyer

[Death's Head] Justifying my position as mod of a comic forum...

Post by Denyer »

Just scored:

The Incomplete DH, 1-12
DH II original mini-series, 1-4
DH II series, 1-5

...for $23.49 (about £14) + shipping ...fair price? Bear in mind I've never seen any of the DH II ongoing, although it was the cheapest win ($2.49)...

Oh, and also got the MOTU charity Halloween special, "Power of Fear", which is what I went into the guy's auctions for in the first place... and Hitman 11-19 for only $4. Happy with those, anyway.
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

You'll love Incomplete, since it's all the original stuff with the Death's Head we know and love. DH2 limited isn't as good, but it's not too bad. Once DH2 gets into the ongoing series, forget about it. They turn him into your typical early-'90s Marvel hero, unfortunately.

Good price, a full run of Incomplete seems to be hard to score, at least from what I've seen at shops near me.
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

*envies people who live in UK and America*
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

I liked DH II, but he´s not like the original Death's Head.
(Note: if you start to like him - they never tell who he really was. The series got cancelled before they could.)
In a perfect world, this would be a signature. As it stands, it's just the lack of.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Yeah, the ongoing had its ups and downs, and just as they appeared to be going somewhere (Death's Head II Gold #1) marvel uk went tits up.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Yeah, I doubt I'll complete the ongoing. Those issues, the Hitman stuff and the random issue of DWG1:2#6 I also picked up I may end up selling on, but I was curious to read them; I've read the DHII four-issue and thought it was decent enough. All told I got a bunch of stuff from the same guy, so I'm recklessly going with the airmail rather than surface...

Apart from the MOTU ongoing (and the first mini-series of that I tracked down as I doubt it'll be reprinted here) and TWW:DA, I think that completes my comic buying/reading for a good while.

Now that I've fixed my PC, time to get on with clearing out the stuff I've accumulated over the last half decade I can't see me looking at again...
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

I've got a chunk of the latter ongoing I was going to give to you... just remembered that.

Oh, and What If? #54 is rather worth getting. The F4 appearance is less essential unless you're a mad completist bastard. Obviously, I have it.
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper

Oh, and What If? #54 is rather worth getting. The F4 appearance is less essential unless you're a mad completist bastard. Obviously, I have it.

What If? is fab. F4 appearance is, to be frank, a big steaming pile of excrement in which DH's speech strangely resembles Yoda's for some reason. Terrible.
BigMaki
Protoform

Post by BigMaki »

Originally posted by angloconvoy
What If? is fab. F4 appearance is, to be frank, a big steaming pile of excrement in which DH's speech strangely resembles Yoda's for some reason. Terrible.

I guess Tom should be glad I got it for only 50 cents and threw it in a box of junk I sent him. :) Definitely not worth it unless you're a completist. What If...? #54 is fun stuff, though, even if it is a typical What If in that pretty much everybody dies somehow...

Now, somebody find scans of "The Body in Question," yes?
angloconvoy

Post by angloconvoy »

The Body in Question ain't all that great. Its looks very nice though. I've got it somewhere, but most of my stuff is still in storage.
Ozz
Protoform

Done

Post by Ozz »

Originally posted by BigMaki
Now, somebody find scans of "The Body in Question," yes?

http://www.yeti.karoo.net/
-Okay, the bomb's dropped. Life goes on. No amount of sulking or worrying changes that. We've got our own lives to live. In that regard, in five minutes time, I am using the autopilot on the Midnight Runner and taking it down the pub. If I go on my own, I go on my own.
-Well. Wait up, you horrible English git. While I'm around, you don't have to go anywhere on your own.
And, one by one, the others follow.
And, one by one, they begin to smile.
Ozz
Protoform

Post by Ozz »

What was the number of the Fantastic Four issue Death's Head appeared in? Did he appeared in any other Marvel US series, besides Marvel Comics Presents, FF and Sensational She-Hulk?
Cyberman

Post by Cyberman »

The Original one? Well, TF, of course, And maybe Doctor Who. (They met once and twice).
In a perfect world, this would be a signature. As it stands, it's just the lack of.
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Neither of which were Marvel US series, sadly [though I believe the 'Who appearance was reprinted by them].
Originally posted by Ozz
What was the number of the Fantastic Four issue Death's Head appeared in? Did he appeared in any other Marvel US series, besides Marvel Comics Presents, FF and Sensational She-Hulk?

FF #337... What If? #54. I think that was it, though Death's Head II was briefly in every comic being produced, and got amusingly incinerated in that Excalibur arc around the late sixties.

Union Jack > Death's Head
Galvatron91

Post by Galvatron91 »

we have to justify our positions here?

I thought we just did this cause someone had to keep cliffy from eating the newbies?