[MOVIE SPOILERS] Movie Megatron full body CGI shot

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Nevermore

[MOVIE SPOILERS] Movie Megatron full body CGI shot

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
guitarded
Protoform

Post by guitarded »

damn! Look at those teeth!:eek:
jepc71
Protoform

Post by jepc71 »

Hard to seem how he would transform into his alt mode. Plus that weird little finger freaks me out!
illlit
Protoform

Post by illlit »

WELL AT LEAST WE KNOW WHAT ROBOTS ON CRACK LOOK LIKE
THE MITY ONE
Apriorion
Protoform

Post by Apriorion »

Originally posted by jepc71
Hard to seem how he would transform into his alt mode.

I suppose he transforms the same way any other highly magnetized pile of iron filings would. For the sequel: Megatron is reformatted into a vaguely-humanoid-shaped collection of cedar chips.
|-((P->Q)->P)->P
|-(P->Q)v(Q->P)
|-(P<->Q)<->((PvQ)&~(P&Q))
Justin
Protoform

Post by Justin »

I must be in the minority here, but I think it looks kind of cool, Like he would be more than willing to rip a human to shreds with 2 fingers just because he could.
Alseides Prime
Protoform

Post by Alseides Prime »

You can tell they arent making this movie for tiny childrens.
That version of megatron is guaranteed to frighten small children...and patheticaly pathetic adults.
Once upon a time, there was a little girl who hadn't seen her mother for seven years.
One day, on the way to her mother, she met a wolf.
The wolf asked her if she would be taking the path of pins, or the path of needles.
When the girl said she would be taking the path of pins, the wolf hurried of down the path of needles, and ate up the little girls' mother.
jepc71
Protoform

Post by jepc71 »

Originally posted by guitarded
damn! Look at those teeth!:eek:

Actually, now that I think about it, why does he have teeth? I wonder how truthfully true this is going to be. It seems this would not be a very good model to make a toy. And I am sure there is going to be movie tie-in toys.
deej
Protoform

Re: [MOVIE SPOILERS] Movie Megatron full body CGI shot

Post by deej »

What the heck is that? Would have to be the first Movie design I've actually disliked, if only because it's hard to tell what it's meant to be..

Here's hoping it looks better in action (or they improve it somewhat).
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
Shockmeister
Protoform

Post by Shockmeister »

I am faintly reassured now that Megatron definitely looks suitably evil. Barricade, however, is more satisfying - he still looks like a 'normal' trasformer, what with the clearly-present wheels and whatnot. Nice.
Springer007

Post by Springer007 »

Originally posted by Nevermore
Barricade:

http://www.jalopnik.com/photogallery/Ba ... med/799773

I think its cool to see a Decepticon disguised and deceiving people as what else, a police car. nothing screams evil doer than an evil "public servant" XP
"Fear denies faith. And for the Immortal Emperor!"

-Space Marines
BlacknRedTed
Protoform

Post by BlacknRedTed »

The megatron design is a sweet design, I just dont see it being megatron. It is scary looking and all that, but I cant see it being megs. The one thing I dislike is the small little fingers on the robot, WOW, that is just nasty to me. I like the design, just dont see it being megatron.

Barricade is pretty sweet. He does look different but also at the sametime, you can tell what he is suppose to do, and that is transform. I cant wait to see him in action now, cuz he just looks like he can whoop some tail, and take a few names.

I like both design and they both look pretty sweet, even thow megs dont look like megatron to me. Now I just want to see them both in action, taking names and leaving holes in autobots and humans.

Later !
the_escaflowne_2k
Protoform

Post by the_escaflowne_2k »

Well as Meg's is supposed to be some sort of experimental jet and (unless im grossly mistaken about the way the US unveils its new jets to the public) a totally made up jet at that, means Megs doesn't need to have any recognizable alt mode parts in his Bot mode.
Though i am curious as to whether they decided to go for this made up megs alt mode first or whether they just couldn't get any real world vehicles to fit the bill for him so went this route instead.
"all i can say is that my life is pretty plain, you don't like my point of view you think that i'm insane"
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

He's going to have a tough time walking, what with that watermark binding his feet together...
Fallen In Darkness
Protoform

Post by Fallen In Darkness »

:( :eek: :wall: :rant: :glance:

Give me a break... It's like mother alien in a robocop version... And they call this thing Megatron... After this somebody should be REALLY open minded to see this movie since it is too far away from what can be regarded as Transformers... In the end how can you persuade somebody that this is Megatron? Because it is grey or because it is badass? Grey and badass was also the Terminator's enemies at 2 & 3...

/!\ I am not sure however if this is the earth mode for certain - if it is the Cybertron there is still hope but very little...
You ask me if I have a god complex? Let me tell you something. I am God.
[img]http://i121.photobucket.com/albums/o236 ... oncopy.jpg[\img]
Clogs

Post by Clogs »

Originally posted by Fallen In Darkness
:Give me a break... It's like mother alien in a robocop version... And they call this thing Megatron... After this somebody should be REALLY open minded to see this movie since it is too far away from what can be regarded as Transformers... In the end how can you persuade somebody that this is Megatron? Because it is grey or because it is badass? Grey and badass was also the Terminator's enemies at 2 & 3...

/!\ I am not sure however if this is the earth mode for certain - if it is the Cybertron there is still hope but very little...

I'm not Nanny Ogg, but I do have a fairly open mind. I have to see this thing in action! But it ain't Megs. Barricade, on the other hand, is far better looking, because it's obvious that he's a transformer.

Like I've always said: This is going to be the CGI boys yelling 'look what we can do'! It's meant to create trouser-wetting screaming. It's not for children and the timid of disposition. It's not going to be a toy.
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
numbat

Post by numbat »

I've liked what I've seen of the Megs design as it's come on, but felt it just doesn't seem to be 'Megs'. That full photo has changed that. I actually can see that face as Megatron, and think he could be a very interesting incarnation of a rather disperate character. But I can see why many people will be disapointed and confused. Still, I think it has great potential, and could work very well with the movie if it is shaded a little darkly...

As to Barricade, well I already loved him! Full body detail just makes me wanna see the film all the more, and pick up the toy! I love all the nifty little touches with the badge and motto, and a Decepticon as a Police car is a great statement and an ultimate deception!

:smokin:
Dead Man Wade

Post by Dead Man Wade »

Originally posted by Fallen In Darkness
since it is too far away from what can be regarded as Transformers

It's a giant, alien robot that turns into a vehicle of some sort. How is that not a Transformer?
Ravage
Protoform

Post by Ravage »

Wow so thats what a Predator in full armour looks like.

Ugg Megs gets the **** design award with Starscream.

Most of the designs havn't been that horrible. I could see an X-Men the quality to them. Megs and Screamer look like crap though. Oh well I will wait and see how they look in action first.
The bunnies, they give me knowledge it is neat.

The only necessity for the triumph of evil is for good men to do nothing.