Rumor: Possible new "format" to TF comics.

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Rumor: Possiable new "format" to TF comics.

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

http://www.seibertron.com/news/view.php?id=4835

I might go for these depending on the price but I'm not sure if following the TF Cybertron cartoon show is great idea though.
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Everyone keep in mind that this is a RUMOR coming from the tabloid of then fandom, though. ;)
Looking for a complete Energon Sky Shadow (from Superion Maximus).
Offering: Binaltech Hound, Swindle, Ravage (Corvette), Skids.
Can buy in stores: Robot Heroes Tigatron/Inferno, Ricochet/Predaking.
DrSpengler
Protoform

Post by DrSpengler »

I wouldn't buy em either way. :\
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Can anyone really see Furman writing in continuity with the TV series?
Sir Auros

Post by Sir Auros »

Everyone take one grain and pass the shaker around...I'm still waiting on my Alternators jets and pickup truck.
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by Sir Auros
Everyone take one grain and pass the shaker around...I'm still waiting on my Alternators jets and pickup truck.

Don't forget the "Suzuka blue metallic" remold of Windcharger! :laugh:
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

It worked for Big Looker, didn't it?

Sadly, TFDatabase isn't entirely back with us yet, so you can't sample the canon high points of Wheelie, Wild-Boy of Quintesson.

There are some others here, though:

http://www.physics.ohio-state.edu/~ssto ... ks/#looker
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

pffft. hasbro unhappy because kids actually had to go into comic shops to get actual comic? oh THIS IS RICH!

I don't care HOW MUCH the market's changed since the marvel books. Did you hear/see them bitching and moaning then??? HELL NO, they were grateful t be makin the money!

they, if you ask for my own opinion, are just still sour over the fiasco with blat wee, as doesn't he owe them a rather large sum of money for the time he DID have the license?
Nevermore

Post by Nevermore »

Originally posted by God Jinrai
pffft. hasbro unhappy because kids actually had to go into comic shops to get actual comic? oh THIS IS RICH!

I don't care HOW MUCH the market's changed since the marvel books. Did you hear/see them bitching and moaning then??? HELL NO, they were grateful t be makin the money!

they, if you ask for my own opinion, are just still sour over the fiasco with blat wee, as doesn't he owe them a rather large sum of money for the time he DID have the license?

Brave Maximus

Post by Brave Maximus »

When I read this the first time my thought was "It's all speculation and 'wishful' thinking" and nothing has changed.

My problem with this Rumor and all the previous comic ones since the colapese of Dreamwave is that there is no facts. No sources stated and nothing but "here's what I think should happen". Hell, half of the people writing these things are "annonomus sources".

Now, it is possible that Hasbro wants to do young teen TF novels and sell them in walmart or what not. But there is no proof of anything.

I'll believe it when I see official press releases from Hasbro, Devils Due (if they really did get the licence) and Wal Mart.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by God Jinrai

Could you be any more incoherent?

It's perfectly sensible for a toy manufacturer to be more concerned than the comics industry as a whole that kids continue to get into the fiction associated with their toys. Young kids don't visit comics stores unless they have parents who visit comics stores, and most such stores are geared towards serving the diminishing twenty-something audience.
God Jinrai
Protoform

Post by God Jinrai »

Excuse me if coherency hasn't been my strong point, denyer. around here, it never HAS been. But I hardly see the target kids audience getting to ANY STORE without their parents to get ANY form of book.

*slams fist through wall*

as I said. coherency has never been my strong suit.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I hardly see the target kids audience getting to ANY STORE without their parents to get ANY form of book.
So how is it 'rich' that Hasbro want TF fiction into supermarkets and regular bookstores rather than comic shops—places where parents go and usually take their offspring?

Hasbro have not made a great deal of money directly from Dreamwave sales—just maintained a comfortable break-even point on paper that looks good in company reports to current and potential investors. It doesn't matter that Armada & Energon comics didn't wind up with kids, as long as they can reasonably be construed to have.
I don't care HOW MUCH the market's changed since the marvel books.
Comics shops are not doing Hasbro some huge favour by stocking Hasbro-licensed fiction, nor themselves any favours by racking up the few young audience titles they still carry next to Wolverine Claws Yet Another Old Villain Back From The Dead, Only With A Bit More Gore and Shanna the Tits... er, She-Devil.

If the rumours bear out, Hasbro will be doing what comics publishers are increasingly also doing—bypassing comic shops and selling anthology volumes through bookstores. They'll also be trying to push that fiction into supermarkets that also stock their toys, for direct parallel marketing. Book format will help them reach these outlets. And the comic shops will still have the option of buying a few copies to resell like everyone else.

Bookstores can sustain themselves on family content, so Hasbro would be wise to court them. The infrastructure of the comics market is reaching the point where it cannot sustain itself without drawing in new generations of fans, and keeping their loyalty when books are often available easier and cheaper elsewhere.
Ghirox

Post by Ghirox »

Ok, this time ...

I can only speculate .... if this rumor will be comfirmed ....

i don't really believe that comics books, with stories that will be in continuity with cartoon, could extend the market of a comics, beeing it TF or not; my opinion is that this stratyegy could damage the cartoon, because the cartoon fans don't want to see an "uncomplete" story ... unsure of that, but i assume that, if you don't buy the books, some pieces of the story will be lost, or else noone different from the tipical comics audience will buy this books.

:confused: will post more ASAthe situation will be clearer in my mind
Prime Maximus
Protoform

Post by Prime Maximus »

I like the novel concept of course with art to go along with it but to follow the same story as the cartoon seems such a waste. If in fact they do have Simon Furman working on it, there's no way he would follow the cartoon version thus reinforcing the fact that this is a rumor.
deej
Protoform

Post by deej »

just partaking in some salt too..

I just want closure on War Within: AoW. That's all. nothing more. I don't care if they touch the G1 ongoing storyline, but for the love of garth - finish, or at least release online the remainder of WW:AoW (if it exists in a publishable form of course). Part of me is also semi-disapointed we didn't get a MTMTE: Energon series either.. but that's only semi-disapointment..
Prime Maximus
Protoform

Post by Prime Maximus »

Seems for most of us just a simple conclusion to the last WW would be suffice.

I think the novel idea should be placed on G1 to make it more of a science fiction novel than to have it appeal to the kids. Only us 20-30 something would remember the original G1 and to have it more adult oriented like those other novels attempted to do, then maybe it could work.
inflatable dalek

Post by inflatable dalek »

Originally posted by Cliffjumper
Can anyone really see Furman writing in continuity with the TV series?

Pay him the going rate and Furman would dance for you in a thong...
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Ghirox

Post by Ghirox »

Originally posted by Prime Maximus
I like the novel concept of course with art to go along with it but to follow the same story as the cartoon seems such a waste. If in fact they do have Simon Furman working on it, there's no way he would follow the cartoon version thus reinforcing the fact that this is a rumor.

... if they want to release two different version of the same story (cartoon and novel/comic). But it could be that they release a part of the continuity as cartoon, and another part as novel, so you must follow cartoon and buy also the novel: this can increase the sales of ther comics, or - more probable IMO- decrerase the audience of the cartoon series.