DW Covers to be reprinted as posters.

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Bombshell

DW Covers to be reprinted as posters.

Post by Bombshell »

Was at my local comic store, and while flipping through a Previews magazine, came across something of interest. Apparently, two of the DW covers are getting reprinted poster size.

The covers are Autobot Issue #2 (Jazz, Mirage and Prowl) and Autobot Issue #6 (inferno and Red Alert).
Jim

Post by Jim »

Wow, they are really milking it. This isn't as bad as half-a-zillion covers for issues, but eh.

I guess I will have to drink less, work more. :-/
MaGilicuti
Protoform

Post by MaGilicuti »

i'll probably pick up a couple. still have yet to pick up any of the comics though...
Bombshell

Post by Bombshell »

Originally posted by Jim
Wow, they are really milking it. This isn't as bad as half-a-zillion covers for issues, but eh.

Well, to be honest, they've did this before. (The Autobot and Decepticon covers then became posters. Or maybe it was the other way around. I don't remember.)

Anyways, if they were really trying to milk it, they would have done that with all the covers.

Oh, God. I said it!

*runs*
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Remember kids, Dreamwave only bleed you if you let them... I'm just wondering what variants they'll come up with for the posters...

I've actually just finished an e-mail to Marvel begging for a coup...
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Bombshell
Well, to be honest, they've did this before. (The Autobot and Decepticon covers then became posters. Or maybe it was the other way around. I don't remember.)

Close... the first two covers (#1) featured Prime and Megatron, as lifted from part of the respective posters. i.e. the covers only depicted a small portion of the image on the posters.

Variant covers? Sod that collect-em-all stuff... if it doesn't have a Decepticon on the front, I don't part with my cash. It's a very simple rule that I'm also considering applying to X-treme X-Men...
Hound

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by Brendocon
Close... the first two covers (#1) featured Prime and Megatron, as lifted from part of the respective posters. i.e. the covers only depicted a small portion of the image on the posters.

Variant covers? Sod that collect-em-all stuff... if it doesn't have a Decepticon on the front, I don't part with my cash. It's a very simple rule that I'm also considering applying to X-treme X-Men...

The day they stick a Decepticon on the cover of X-treme X-Men is the day I start reading that book, or is that not what you meant?

BTW, Brend, if the book is crap then what the hell are you still reading it for? Was it ever good? Do you really think it'll improve if you keep buying it? I've been caught in that trap and I have several years worth of Superman comics to prove that it doesn't work. You don't have to know about everything that happens to the X-men, you could be using that money to get a better comic.

Hound
1921\4\6-2010\1\21 Goodbye Grandma, I love you
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Originally posted by Hound
BTW, Brend, if the book is crap then what the hell are you still reading it for? Was it ever good? Do you really think it'll improve if you keep buying it? I've been caught in that trap and I have several years worth of Superman comics to prove that it doesn't work. You don't have to know about everything that happens to the X-men, you could be using that money to get a better comic.

I'm not really sure. I originally started reading it because it had Hank, Betsy, Remy and Rogue in it. Now it seems to be in the vain hope of it getting better... or out of morbid fascination as to what depths of insanity Claremont plunges to next.

Plus there was the lure of potential Shadowcat appearances for a while.

It doesn't really tie into the rest of the plot anymore... for a brief while it was linked vaguely to the occurences in New... but no longer. I think I buy it just to see if it gets better... eg, a couple of issues back, it seemed certain Rogue and Gambit were dead. I bought the next two issues (I found them at the same time), and found it not so. Now Rogue is powerless, and I'll probably buy the next issue to see where the plot goes from here (now that the main premise of the story is redundant).

Plus I need more doorstops, and magazine-paper works so well when folded...
Hound

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by Brendocon
Plus I need more doorstops, and magazine-paper works so well when folded...

You could be buying back issues of Youngblood for that, it would be cheaper.

I think that you have a better chance of getting a better story after you've stopped paying for the book. There has to be a way for you to read what happens in the book without actually buying the comic, I know I have that otion.

Y'know it would be a less vain effort if you complained to the editors of the book about the quality of the book. I'd hope you wouldn't be the only one doing so...

Hound
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

To be fair, the first 6 or so issues weren't that bad, apart from Betsy's insultingly poor death scene... The Diaries storyline isn't a bad one, but they ain't stuck to it, and Claremont's nowhere near as good at making characters as he used to be... That said, most of it that I've read is better than his last X-Men/Uncanny X-Men run...
Dinobot

Post by Dinobot »

Anyways, if they were really trying to milk it, they would have done that with all the covers.
I wouldn't be surprised if it eventually happens. I don't see the problem though, some of the covers are excellent and I think they'd make great posters.
Variant covers? Sod that collect-em-all stuff... if it doesn't have a Decepticon on the front, I don't part with my cash.
I agree, I've just collected the Decepticon covers.
"Tell my tale to those who ask. Tell it truly - the ill deeds, along with the good - and let me be judged accordingly. The rest... is silence."
Dinobot - Code Of Hero
Hound

Post by Hound »

Originally posted by Quicksilver
To be fair, the first 6 or so issues weren't that bad, apart from Betsy's insultingly poor death scene... The Diaries storyline isn't a bad one, but they ain't stuck to it, and Claremont's nowhere near as good at making characters as he used to be... That said, most of it that I've read is better than his last X-Men/Uncanny X-Men run...

Oh, I'm not bashing the book, I've never read the book. Brend was doing the bashing. All I'm saying is if the book is poorly written then you shouldn't keep contributing to it's success. Marvel won't know to change the book unless you let them know that the book is not very good. The book seems to be successful as it sold 18 on Wizard's "Top 50" for August. It seems to me that the "X" on the cover is what is selling this book rather than the content, that is if the book is actually as poorly written as others make it out to be. As far as I can tell Marvel has made an attempt to make the different Xtitles as self-contained as possible so that you don't have to read any of the other titles to enjoy what is happening in one. So why bother buying a title you think is poorly written. You could spend that money on something better or spend that time on something better.

Hound
Blitzwing

Post by Blitzwing »

Sorry to bring this back on topic... But just thought people shoud know that the two other covers from issue #1 are also being made into posters.
ProckoZero
Protoform

Post by ProckoZero »

I like the idea of Dreamwave posters...it focuses on the good aspects of the G1 comic by DW...the art! You don't need good writing to make 'Bots & 'Cons look like sweet sassy mollassy :D

"Someone may beat me, but they are going to have to bleed to do it."