Titan G2 Comic Reprints!

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
Denyer

Titan G2 Reprints!

Post by Denyer »

Yeah, they're coming...just pre-ordered the first, "Dark Designs"...BTW, the Amazon.co.uk prices are roughly the same as the RRP except they include postage.

Split over two trade paperbacks, this is a great opportunity to get your hands on some thoroughly entertaining TF stories!

I've attached the paperback edition cover image...it suits the story better than the hardback special edition (which features Thunderwing for some odd reason)...

...SWEEEEET!!! :D

Thanks to http://www.thetf.net for this news.
Attachments
transformer-darkdesigns.jpg
transformer-darkdesigns.jpg (17.57 KiB) Viewed 2968 times
Cliffjumper

Post by Cliffjumper »

Have they stuck "Ghosts" in the right place [i.e. at the start], or is it randomly in the middle of the first book, do you know?
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I get the impression they're running with the general printing order, since #1-6 has a double-size and so does #7-12. I wouldn't worry too much; if people could work out it was a flashback in the original printing, they can handle it now... :)

Woo! Woo! And thrice woo! It's only recently occurred to me that all of my original comics are over ten years old, and that something with acid-free paper would be a distinct upgrade...
Cyberstrike nTo
Protoform

Post by Cyberstrike nTo »

I know the HC version will have a cover by John(Next Men, Lab Rats, Superman, X-Men, and Spiderman) Byrne!
Please visit Outlaw Colony my new message board it's a fun site for fun people.
Halfshell

<--- Look! I'm Professor Smooth!

Post by Halfshell »

I think that is actually the hardback cover you've attached there, Denyer.

Going by the pattern of previous softbacks slotting together to form a larger image, I'm assuming that this...

... is the composite graphic.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

I did think it was pretty damn weird that the Thunderwing one would be used... ah well, I could care less what the covers turn out to be... :D

Anyway, what the heck is this, then?

http://www.amazon.co.uk/exec/obidos/ASI ... 75-3755833
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

I can't wait for them to come out. However, I'm more excited about "Target 2006" just because I never had a chance to read it before. Is Target 2k6 the same as Time Wars?
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
I can't wait for them to come out. However, I'm more excited about "Target 2006" just because I never had a chance to read it before. Is Target 2k6 the same as Time Wars?
No, Target:2006 was published in issues 78-88 and Time Wars in 199-205. They are connected in a way though. Target:2006 is the first storyline to present future decepticons and autobots like (Galvatron, Cyclonus, Scourge, Hot Rod, Kup, Blurr) while Time Wars wraps most of the things (like effects of time jumpings) started in Target:2006.
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Thanks for the info.

Do you know if they have any plans to republish that series as well? Maybe they'll reprint most of the good TF UK stories. That would be cool.
Osku
Protoform

Post by Osku »

Originally posted by PaladinPrime
Do you know if they have any plans to republish that series as well? Maybe they'll reprint most of the good TF UK stories. That would be cool.
Titan is going to publish at least "Fallen Angel" TPB, which comprises of Galvatron-Rodimus-Death´s Head-Ultra Magnus story line. Somewhere around 101-120 (minus US material, too lazy to check at the moment) plus Vicious Circle from 1987 annual.
I´d say it looks very possible, if the sales are going to be as good as in case of previous TPBs.

Edit: Sorry for the sentence structures, I´m still asleep :o
RID Scourge

Post by RID Scourge »

Thanks for the info.
Houbatron
Protoform

Post by Houbatron »

Amazon has also listed Rage of Heaven as a future Transformers paperback now... Does anyone know what this one will contain? More UK Comics or the rest of the G2 stuff?

Edit: I checked thetransformers.net, and it seems it will contain issue #7-#12 of the G2 comic. And they've also confirmed a reprint of The legacy of Unicron and a book that's simply called Generation 1, even though I'm not sure what exactly that last one will contain. But still, more than enough upcoming releases! :)
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Right.

Upcoming books include:

"Target:2006" - exactly what it says on the tin.
"Fallen Angel" - featuring the second group of time-jump stories, and spanning the "Wanted: Galvatron" issues... Death's Head, baby.
"Legacy of Unicron" - exactly what it says on the tin.

Also, there is a book Simon Furman referred to as "Beginnings" which collects the first four (or was it six?) books of the US run.
Computron

Post by Computron »

I believe it was 6, so that would end at about the fight between Shockwave and Megatron and the cons swearing loyalty to him, yess?

--Compy
I support a ban on powerposting
Houbatron
Protoform

Post by Houbatron »

Originally posted by Brendocon

Also, there is a book Simon Furman referred to as "Beginnings" which collects the first four (or was it six?) books of the US run.
Ah! That should be the mysterious "Generation 1" paperback that's up for pre-order on Amazon nowadays and what thetransformers.net was talking about. Thanks for the info. :)
HotRodAJH
Protoform

G2 reprints

Post by HotRodAJH »

Could you let me know personally when the G2 reprints are here. If they are already out could I get them at a regular comic store or do I have to order them? let me know.
"One shall stand, one shall fall."
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

First one should be fairly soon (or now), both should be here by around Christmas... I've ordered them to be delivered together as an incentive to stick at my uni course...
Omega_Scourge
Protoform

Post by Omega_Scourge »

I'm just starting to look at getting some of the TPBs and was wondering if there was a site or if someone here could tell me what books are out. Any suggestions on where to start? I haven't read much of the comics so I don't really know very much about them. I will only be able to get a couple at a time, due to money issues. So which ones should I get this weekend, assuming I can find them. Thanks in advance for the help.
sharkticon
Protoform

Post by sharkticon »

I believe that "Generation 1" may actually be referring to the future reprint TPB of the current Dreamwave series as advertized in issue #5 of said series.
Denyer

Post by Denyer »

Originally posted by Omega_Scourge
I'm just starting to look at getting some of the TPBs and was wondering if there was a site or if someone here could tell me what books are out. Any suggestions on where to start?
http://thetransformers.net/titan/

I'd start with "End of the Road" and "All Fall Down" as a pair... you might like to check out "Matrix Quest" and "Primal Scream" first if you haven't seen the comics before, though. They basically set up the first two I mentioned, which are the end of the US/UK G1 run. (The UK comic is the US material, plus a lot of extra stuff, if ye didn't already know.) Check out some of the scans on the main http://www.tfarchive.com site first, then buy the TPBs!