IDW And San Diego: They Get The Rights to Doctor Who.

Comics, cartoons, movies and fan stuff.
inflatable dalek

IDW And San Diego: They Get The Rights to Doctor Who.

Post by inflatable dalek »

The main IDW Q&A session isn't till tomorow (Friday), but I thought I'd kick things off with this little nugget that's been spotted by people attending their table at the event in this thread here (no formal anouncement till tomorow): http://www.gallifreyone.com/forum/showt ... p?t=143013

As I'm not sure if non-members can read that, the two relevent posts:
At Preview night at San Diego Comic-Con tonight, the booth for IDW (which publishes the current Star Trek, Angel, Spike, Tranformers, etc. comics, which are actually quite good) had posters of cover art for future comics partially covered up with banners saying to wait for the IDW panel and Q&A for announcements of upcoming titles. But one of the posters, with a spacescape background visible behind the banner (which was supposed to completely obscure the identity of the comic), happened to have the unmistakable shape of part of the TARDIS peeking out, as well as the "C" of the BBC logo. So, if I'm right about what I'm seeing, it looks like there'll be Doctor Who comics!
They're being launched on Friday at the San Diego Comic Con.

I know Nick Roche who's drawing them. He's a brilliant artist and is also a very talented writer (that's a tenner you owe me, Nitch!).
That particular poster has a rather nifty Roche drawn tenth Doctor as his Avatar. IDW will stageringly be the 4th company to currently be doing a Who comic strip (albeit the only American one). Generally the more tittles IDW have is a good thing though, stops them being tottaly TF dependant like Dreamwave. And a excellent result for Nick as well.

[As new stuff from the Q&A comes out it can all go into this thread as a all purpose IDW thing]
REVIISITATION: THE HOLE TRUTH
STARSCREAM GOES TO PIECES IN MY LOOK AT INFILTRATION #6!
PLUS: BUY THE BOOKS!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

OMGZ0r5z teh dokter will Xova wiht teh TFormazzzz!!!!!1111oneoneohenee
inflatable dalek

If that makes Beep the Meep part of the TF canon I'm all for it.
Heinrad

Post by Heinrad »

Hip Hop, Bip Bop
Who's next for the chop?

Just had ta bring up those blue balls of fluff, didn'cha.....

Although I do have to wonder if they're just going to do reprints of the old stuff, reprints of the new stuff, or their own stuff.
As a professional tanuki (I'm a Japanese mythological animal, and a good luck charm), I have an alarm clock built into me somewhere. I also look like a stuffed animal. And you thought your life was tough......

3DS Friend Code: 1092-1274-7642
inflatable dalek

I'd assume it'll be new stuff, DWM and the trades are freely avaliable in America so there'd not be much milage in a reprint tittle. Mind, this is the hone of pointless TF reprints so WHO knows...
inflatable dalek

http://www.comicbookresources.com/news/ ... i?id=11338

It's written by Gary Russell, will be an on-going and will have reprints of Dave Gibbons work from Doctor Who Weekly in a new colour version as a back up. The Completely Useless boys will be overjoyed that Stan Lee Presents Doctor Who and The Iron Legion is getting another outing.