HotShot81
Protoform

Megan Fox kicked from Transformers 3

Post by HotShot81 »

http://movies.yahoo.com/news/usmovies.a ... sformers-3

Megan Fox Dropped From 'Transformers 3'Source: Access Hollywood
Buzz up!
emailimdel.ici.ousdiggfacebook...

Megan Fox has been axed from " Transformers 3," Access Hollywood has confirmed.

A source at Paramount, the studio behind the film, told Access that Megan, who played star Shia LaBeouf 's love interest in the franchise, would not return for the third movie.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: ' Transformers ' Sexy Siren Megan Fox
The source said that in order to take Shia's character - Samuel James Witwicky -- in a new direction, it was better if Sam wasn't tied down to a love interest.

A rep for Megan was not immediately available for comment when contacted by Access Hollywood on Wednesday.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: See Megan Fox & More Stars In Their Underwear
Nikki Finke, who first reported the news for Deadline that Megan was out, claimed that decision was "ultimately" director Michael Bay 's.

Bay's rep was also not immediatley available for comment when contacted by Access.

The news of Megan's departure from the " Transformers 3" cast comes just months after a dispute emerged between Megan, unnamed " Transformers " crewmembers and even the director.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Summer Movies 2010

Megan compared her director to "Hitler" and "Napoleon" during an interview with Britain's Wonderland Magazine's September /October 2009 issue.

"He's like Napoleon and he wants to create this insane, infamous mad-man reputation," Megan said at the time.

VIEW THE PHOTOS: Katy! Zoe! Megan! Oh My! Maxim's 2010 Hot 100: The Top 20

"He wants to be like Hitler on his sets, and he is," she continued. "So he's a nightmare to work for but when you get him away from set, and he's not in director mode, I kind of really enjoy his personality because he's so awkward, so hopelessly awkward."

Shortly thereafter, members of the " Transformers " crew posted an open letter on the director's site, condemning the actress for her behavior on set, calling Megan, "the grump of the set," as well as "thankless, classless, graceless" and "unfriendly."

The letter was quickly removed and Michael eventually addressed all the comments a short while later.

"I don't condone the crew letter to Megan. And I don't condone Megan's outlandish quotes," Bay wrote in a blog post on his official Web site. "But her crazy quips are part of her crazy charm. The fact of the matter I still love working with her, and I know we still get along. I even expect more crazy quotes from her on Transformers 3."

" Transformers 3" has reportedly already begun filming.

Copyright 2010 by NBC Universal, Inc. All rights reserved.
This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

Related Content from AccessHollywood.com:
another tf fan

Post by another tf fan »

Stupid hottie... shoulda never let TF3 go.
Come on and wind me up.
Lufbery
Protoform

Post by Lufbery »

I'm actually bummed.

I know this goes against all this is right in the world, but I enjoyed the two movies (the first more than the second). Not that my expectations were high.

But replacing Megan Fox in the third movie would be like replacing Princess Leia in the Star Wars movies. I mean, they've got an ensemble cast, so why break it up?

Oh well...
NightHawk

Post by NightHawk »

In all honesty I am not shocked, instead I'm actually glad she's out of TF 3. I always felt that her presence in the movie was purely for the sex appeal (most notable in TF when she's bend over that one bike and all).

I mean c'mon, I want to watch Transformers for the Transformers, not for some "damsel in distress" lame-ass girlfriend of Sam (whom in my opinion should be out of it as well).

In any case...I wonder who she will get replaced with, I can't actually see female actors jumping in line to be in the movie.
burnitall
Protoform

Post by burnitall »

NightHawk wrote:
In any case...I wonder who she will get replaced with, I can't actually see female actors jumping in line to be in the movie.
No? There might be one or two that want to make a little $$$ off of it. ;)

Now they can get another girl for Sam, call her Carly, and appease a few fanboys in the bargain. It doesn't really matter.
Sades

Post by Sades »

According to this it was her choice:

http://www.aceshowbiz.com/news/view/00032608.html
This is my signature. My wasted space. My little corner. You can't have it. It's mine. I can write whatever I want. And I have!
The Doctor

Post by The Doctor »

That could possibly be Megan's attempt to save face, either way she is out and I think this may be a blow to her career. Will I miss her? Not at all, she was nothing more than eye candy. I think they should concentrate on making a mature focused story (unlike TF2).
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Batmanners
Protoform

Post by Batmanners »

Lufbery wrote: But replacing Megan Fox in the third movie would be like replacing Princess Leia in the Star Wars movies. I mean, they've got an ensemble cast, so why break it up?

Oh well...
But they're not replacing "Leia", they're removing "Jar Jar". Her looks and her acting are all right, but it's her character that went nowhere and simply stops Sam Witwicky from going on adventures in outer space to fight Unicron and save his dumb father from being dropped into Unicron's lava pits while in a dumb robot suit.
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

Batmanners wrote:But they're not replacing "Leia", they're removing "Jar Jar".
Jar Jar was the established love interest? Wow. I really have repressed The Phantom Menace.
NightHawk

Post by NightHawk »

burnitall wrote:Now they can get another girl for Sam, call her Carly, and appease a few fanboys in the bargain. It doesn't really matter.
Gah, not Carly, that means they'd have to look for a blonde and they'll surely will get some blonde bimbo with sex appeal and all that again rather then portraying Carly as how she was in the Cartoon.

Nah, let's get Chip Chase in it! The man who can rip floppy disks apart with his bare hands and knows apparently more about Transformers then the Transformers themselves!
Clay

Post by Clay »

Sades wrote:According to this it was her choice:

"You can't fire me! I quit!"
Blackjack

Post by Blackjack »

Clay wrote:"You can't fire me! I quit!"
I was about to post that, but you beat me to the punch...
HotShot81
Protoform

Post by HotShot81 »

Call me crazy, if we want to make Transformers right, a little less fighting and how about we focus on THE TRANSFORMERS?!
Halfshell

Post by Halfshell »

I suggest we recast the character.

I nominate Stoya.
Jaynz
Custom Title: RIP - see pixelsagas.com

Post by Jaynz »

Sades wrote:According to this it was her choice:

Hollywood almost never openly publicizes firing someone (unless it's just impossible NOT to say). Sounds to me that Megan was definatley fired, and this is going to be the 'Hollywood spin'.

Sort of like how so many politicians sudden want to spend more time with their families.
Paul053

Post by Paul053 »

Revenge of the Bay.
NightHawk wrote:I always felt that her presence in the movie was purely for the sex appeal.
Totally agree. She should have just tossed Wheelie to Sam in the dorm instead of through the window and then gone for good (or fall and died out of the car after Grindor hooked it). It is absolutely unnecessary having her running around with Sam in the dessert.

Honestly I don't care about any love story in Transformers movie, but unfortunately in Hollywood dictionary, no love story means no movie.
NightHawk

Post by NightHawk »

Paul053 wrote:Revenge of the Bay.

Totally agree. She should have just tossed Wheelie to Sam in the dorm instead of through the window and then gone for good (or fall and died out of the car after Grindor hooked it). It is absolutely unnecessary having her running around with Sam in the dessert.

Honestly I don't care about any love story in Transformers movie, but unfortunately in Hollywood dictionary, no love story means no movie.
She ran with Sam cause apparently some guys just love to see women run. Personally said, they ALL should have died when Grindor dropped the car cause in reality it would be damn hard to survive that crash that they made.

I always disliked Mikaela's presence, she's no Carly (whom I disliked as well, she was too...perfect, always had an idea) and let alone a Saari, hell...I'll take Saari's character over Mikaela anytime, least she proved useful more then once.
Rack 'n Ruin

Post by Rack 'n Ruin »

Paul053 wrote:... her running around with Sam in the dessert.
Was whipped cream involved? :swirly:
Wreck and Rule!
Thunderwave
Protoform

Post by Thunderwave »

Halfshell wrote:I suggest we recast the character.

I nominate Stoya.
-.-
DeathProof

Post by DeathProof »

The Doctor wrote:That could possibly be Megan's attempt to save face, either way she is out and I think this may be a blow to her career. Will I miss her? Not at all, she was nothing more than eye candy. I think they should concentrate on making a mature focused story (unlike TF2).
LMAO @ her career. Yes, she's been in movies, and yes, she's more famous than I, but it wasn't like she was exactly on that 'Rising Star' trail. She's hot and I wouldn't kick her out of the shower, but I don't think she'll have an Oscar on her mantle anytime soon. I think it was more of a blow to her piggy bank than her resume.